Like Tree34Likes

RC10B4/T4 Forum

Old 02-23-2010, 08:43 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by TRXRACER99 View Post
tekin has made a lot of cars that run in super stock look like mod cars with the tekin rs so yes very nice set up to have in any car truck or buggy
I just don't understand how it's legal in stock racing. The difference the Hotwire tweaks make is night and day. You can make a 17.5 feel like a 8.5. My 10.5 was too much after I ran the recommended setup and had to turn the timing down a good bit.
Old 02-23-2010, 08:53 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 85 (100%+)

^^ This is why stock racing is always on the verge of disappearing. Something happens to make it popular again (lipo, brushless=evenly matched cars), the manufacturers find a way to sell people an advantage. Those who want it pay, those who don't change to modified or leave all together. What sucks about it is when stock is in the skids, there's no entry level class for new racers to come in with.

Stock should be a Novak Havoc 17.5 system and a 20c 2cell lipo battery.
Old 02-23-2010, 08:59 AM
Tech Legend

Thank Tekin !!

Mod is now the true spec class...
Old 02-23-2010, 09:05 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Switching to Lipo on a T4. Do you guys think their is a need for the Racers Edge .5 rear hub carriers or is this a buggy only change. Thanks
Old 02-23-2010, 10:20 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Davidka View Post
^^ This is why stock racing is always on the verge of disappearing. Something happens to make it popular again (lipo, brushless=evenly matched cars), the manufacturers find a way to sell people an advantage. Those who want it pay, those who don't change to modified or leave all together. What sucks about it is when stock is in the skids, there's no entry level class for new racers to come in with.

Stock should be a Novak Havoc 17.5 system and a 20c 2cell lipo battery.
I have to agree that new drivers really dont have a fair chance to learn to drive & dial in their rigs...
I run a Stock Sc10 with a Xl5 speedo & the HPI motor and it pretty fast,but when I go up against a Tekin with a 17.5 they will always pull me the straights(if its long enough) with that boost timing thing going on. BUt if the track is tight & technical with a limited straight where the boost doesnt have enough time to kick in,its a level playing field
Old 02-23-2010, 10:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RcRacing4Ever View Post
BUt if the track is tight & technical with a limited straight where the boost doesnt have enough time to kick in,its a level playing field
Agreed. I just ordered a Tekin RS combo for my ride. On 80% of the track it will make no difference since our track is very technical and "slow", but if I can gain a few tenths on the one straight away we have, I can finally break the 15 lap barrier and maybe make an A-main once in a while.

You still have to be able to drive the car effectively regardless of what power plant you have. I don't see the "Tekin advantage" as being any different than having the cash to pony up for a B4 over a toy-grade R/C for racing.
Old 02-23-2010, 11:49 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by klaymon View Post
Agreed. I just ordered a Tekin RS combo for my ride. On 80% of the track it will make no difference since our track is very technical and "slow", but if I can gain a few tenths on the one straight away we have, I can finally break the 15 lap barrier and maybe make an A-main once in a while.

You still have to be able to drive the car effectively regardless of what power plant you have. I don't see the "Tekin advantage" as being any different than having the cash to pony up for a B4 over a toy-grade R/C for racing.
Very true about the 10th of a second... I just won a race where I beat 2nd place by .16. Its all about the driving & how many mistakes ya make.
I dont blame racers out there for buying the latest & greatest electronics to try and be fast. I just hope that I can bring my A game when they show up with it...lol
Its the ones that run out and buy a 8.5 & slam into the pack,over shoot the turn & get all crazy cause they havent learned throttle control yet.
Old 02-23-2010, 11:52 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by scottk View Post
Where can i buy new towers, orings etc ?
I got my revised rear shock towers last week. I ordered them straight from AE or RC10.com. They are sweet, my Reedy 5000 packs fit much easier now. Also, the T4/SC10 shock tower also allows more clearance for taller LiPos.
Old 02-23-2010, 11:55 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

They call them THY's at my local track "Throttle Happy Yahoo's". So I am guessing friom the lack of response that the .5 rear hubs for the T4 (Lipo set up) are not popular I could have sworn I read a bunch about it on hear a month ago or so. Just can't find anything on hear once it get's about two weeks out.
Old 02-23-2010, 01:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

The .5* hubs on truck really just depends. Cav runs them even in high bite situations on the truck. If your running on a hard packed slick track, for sure give them a try.
Old 02-23-2010, 01:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by aeRayls View Post
The .5* hubs on truck really just depends. Cav runs them even in high bite situations on the truck. If your running on a hard packed slick track, for sure give them a try.
Is there a set-up out there with the .5 degree hubs for the T4? Has anybody tried putting the 4th hole on the rear shock tower for the T4? Sorry if this has already been brought up.
Old 02-23-2010, 02:05 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 87 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ChadB. View Post
Is there a set-up out there with the .5 degree hubs for the T4? Has anybody tried putting the 4th hole on the rear shock tower for the T4? Sorry if this has already been brought up.
I have used the 4th hole with the .5 degree hubs and it works well I think. I have a template in a sticker form that you can use if you're interested. I tested it out on both my T4 and B4 last week and it took less than 10 minutes to do both towers while they were still on the vehicles. As far as setup, it works very well.
Old 02-23-2010, 02:07 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MUDVAYNE View Post
I have used the 4th hole with the .5 degree hubs and it works well I think. I have a template in a sticker form that you can use if you're interested. I tested it out on both my T4 and B4 last week and it took less than 10 minutes to do both towers while they were still on the vehicles. As far as setup, it works very well.

Id love help with this... LOL
Old 02-23-2010, 02:10 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 87 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Neccros View Post
Id love help with this... LOL
If you would like to try a set, it's $1.60 mailed to your mailbox.
Old 02-23-2010, 02:51 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 97 (100%+)

Hey Folks...

Got another quick (Kinda Stupid) Setup Question for you guys...

What effect does the rear camber rod position have on the car?

Both at the tower and at the hub?

I changed to the inside hole on the rear hubs of my B44 this weekend and it made a drastic improvement in the way the car drove for me... So I'm considering trying the same on my B4.

I just want to know what to look for in a change by doing this? A little help explaining what it actually affects would be great!

Thanks!

-David

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.