Like Tree34Likes

RC10B4/T4 Forum

Old 02-16-2010, 01:36 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

oh its def. been done and ive def. seen it and you all will def. see it in the future...
Old 02-16-2010, 01:40 PM
Tech Elite

Centered motor mount assembly. Sounds like a B5 feature!

Do any of the other current 2wd Buggies have the motor mounted in the center?
Old 02-16-2010, 01:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ShaunMac View Post
Centered motor mount assembly. Sounds like a B5 feature!

Do any of the other current 2wd Buggies have the motor mounted in the center?
I think the X-Factory buggies feature it.
Old 02-16-2010, 01:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wayboarder View Post
oh its def. been done and ive def. seen it and you all will def. see it in the future...
Whoa...haha...B5 is right. This year, hopefully.
Old 02-16-2010, 01:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

I belive Kyosho has a kit coming for the RB5 to center up the brushless motors for better side to side weight distribution.
Old 02-16-2010, 01:51 PM
Tech Fanatic

There is absolutely no B5 coming anytime soon. Especially not after the updates they just did to the B4/T4. There will only be continued updates to the current platform. The RB5 just came out with a new rear end that centers the brushless motors. I just recently saw a b4 with all kinds of funky shims in between the motor plate and trans and it did indeed have a longer topshaft. The owner claimed perfect left to right balance. However, i have seen this done before about a year back in this forum that maintained the original topshaft.
Old 02-16-2010, 01:53 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Especially not after the updates they just did to the B4/T4.
I'm new to the B4 and got a used one... Mind listing what updates they have so I know mines up to date????
Old 02-16-2010, 01:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

there arent any "updates" nothing is performance changing with these different parts. just beefier steering knuckles, sc10 motor guard, the orings in the newly made kits (which are soo much better) and the front and rear towers which arent out yet. nothing is performance changing and make one car better than another.

check and see what color the shock bodies are, if they are very silverish colored they are the very old ones, the up to date ones have a much darker anodizing on them.
Old 02-16-2010, 02:02 PM
Tech Fanatic

for the B4

Stuff that has hit shelves
B4.1 has all the updates
Front Shock Tower(picture a few pages back)
Chassis (thicker bracing throughout)
Steering rack (sc10 plastic)
Spindle carriers (sc10 Plastic)
B4.1 body

Stuff that hasnt yet
Rear Tower (4th hole added, first hole removed, more space under the base of the tower for increased size lipos)

I dont know what besides the chassis has changed on the T4, Its a dead class anyways and will soon be replaced by SC haha
Old 02-16-2010, 02:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Davidka View Post
I've neer heard of that, can't see how it would be done though, you would need a longer slipper top-shaft to move the motor plate that direction.
I have tried this and the most you can move the motor plate is 0.60". Not quite enough to truly get a centered motor but this is as far as you can move the motor plate with the existing top shaft. Any futher and the outer slipper plate does not properly sit on the top shaft.

To do the mod I bought some longer screws and used platic 0.60" shims that are used in the shocks. Shims are also required on the top shaft to space out the inner slipper plate. The motor pinion meshed fine with the spur and there didn't appear to be any issues with support or misalingment.

However the Kyosho upgrade that does a similar mod includes a big plastic spacer that would take up more load than simply adding washers.

I have since removed the washers until something more official comes out. It would be nice to do this as the Speedo is generally installed on the left side of the car and with the small receivers today the weight bias left to right is way off. I compared my ESC to the receiver and transponder and my car needed nearly a full ounce to be the same side to side. I just may move my speedo to the right side to offset the motor sticking out further on the left side.
Old 02-16-2010, 04:55 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 85 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bobby Z View Post
I just may move my speedo to the right side to offset the motor sticking out further on the left side.
Aside from the Antena mount being mounted in the right side of the chassis I can't for the life of me figure out why we haven't already done this.
Old 02-16-2010, 04:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

dumb question guys, im new to the t4 that i recently picked second hand and wanted to know if there was anyway to identify if my car has the 30* or 25* caster c-hubs? thanks guys.
Old 02-16-2010, 05:14 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by racer x 1 View Post
dumb question guys, im new to the t4 that i recently picked second hand and wanted to know if there was anyway to identify if my car has the 30* or 25* caster c-hubs? thanks guys.
With the 25 degree blocks, the hinge pin hole is centered on both sides, as it has no actual angle drilled into it.

The 30 degree blocks, the hinge pin hole is off center, this is from having a 5 degree angle added to it.
Old 02-16-2010, 05:23 PM
Tech Master

Does anyone have a link to the page (the sheer amount of pages in this thread is mind blowing) or any information on what shims are needed and what is necessary to shim the motor plate off of the trans to center the weight better for brushless motors?
4mm is what normally is used. however it depends on what style of motors are being used and the weight of it...

To do anything more than 2mm you will need to use a different top shaft and press the gear onto it. The losi steel top shaft works well.

Originally Posted by not home View Post
check and see what color the shock bodies are, if they are very silverish colored they are the very old ones, the up to date ones have a much darker anodizing on them.
The color of the shock bodies does not matter. The machined rings on the bottom of the shock body designates if the shock body is new or old. I've have a few sets of both silver, greenish, and dark grey shock bodies of the new version.

Don't forget that the rebuild kits have been updated. This is the biggest factor in helping the shocks, and keeping them from blowing out and, or leaking.
Old 02-16-2010, 05:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

thanks for the quick reply

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.