Like Tree34Likes

RC10B4/T4 Forum

Old 02-02-2010, 12:44 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

if your racing with anything under a 10.5 then tekin is really nothing special. LRP is waaay smoother. just get a sxx with a 9.5 and go drive the dang thing, dont worry about changing your power. gear it at a 78/27 set your slipper and go for it.

Originally Posted by seany916 View Post
Your opinions... for a FT B4.

Tekin RS & Redline __.5

or

SXX Competition & X-12 __.5

or

_____________ & ________ ___.5

I've never owned either Tekin or LRP before, only run Castle products. Any advice?

Am currently leaning toward Tekin w/ a 10.5, but am very open to suggestions.
Old 02-02-2010, 03:58 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SmItH_aLeX View Post
if your racing with anything under a 10.5 then tekin is really nothing special. LRP is waaay smoother. just get a sxx with a 9.5 and go drive the dang thing, dont worry about changing your power. gear it at a 78/27 set your slipper and go for it.
A 9.5 with 78/27? That's a little high for even a static timing speedo.
Old 02-02-2010, 04:34 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wild Cherry View Post
So you know , the Sc-10 bell crank plastic is more flexible then the old plastic....
i believe so, they break easier too.
Old 02-02-2010, 06:44 AM
Tech Legend

Having more flex will allow's the part more give on big hits .

Fewer break's as a result..
Old 02-02-2010, 07:23 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

ok still having problems with car spinning out going around turns no one else at my track is running a 1/2 degree rear so i dont need that. just woundering if its something with my diff? to tight to loose? but it feels good..
Old 02-02-2010, 07:28 AM
Tech Legend

Hard to say , have a experience racers at your track try your ride .

The diff usually never needs adjusting if you set it properly...
Old 02-02-2010, 07:33 AM
Tech Master

i dont know thing is i am a experiaced racer for 15 years lol just never had a problem like im having with my b4 seems every setup i try its the same like nothing changes tried 30degree hubs this weekend and didnt even feel a diference.. thinking of buying a losi
Old 02-02-2010, 07:46 AM
Tech Legend

If you are spinning out due to a lack of traction ...

Adjust rear ride height. Lower rear ride height if on high grip surface, higher rear ride if on slippery surfaces...

also try
*softer rear spring
*move rear hub forward
*check your slipper , to tight will not help your problem
*adjust ESC coast brake to smoother setting & also try a lower punch or power profile...
Old 02-02-2010, 08:11 AM
Tech Master

im gonna print out a setup sheet and fill it out and upload it maybe someone can find where im going wrong.
Old 02-02-2010, 08:29 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 85 (100%+)

If you are running a setup that others are having success with and are confident that the condition of the car is good (diff not shot, shocks full, no binding in the suspension) then its probably the tires. Foams shot? rubber dried up? Sometimes the difference between new and old of the same tire can be large.
Old 02-02-2010, 08:45 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcman1993 View Post
This is a disappointment because ae really needs to come up with some new instead of wasting their time with the b4.1 and t4.1. They are stupid. Secondly, they were lazy by changing just the molds of the shocks to new molds. They have been using the same molds from ten years ago I believe. Not dissing them but it is like the auto companies, they cut corners at every opportunity instead of doing the right thing.
No offense, but there is a HUGE difference between the auto industry and hobbies. Im guessing a ratio of like 200:1 or more. AE is still winning with only subtle changes to a working design. They shouldn't have to re-invent the wheel. They have stayed true to racing heritage and done what works, WIN RACES. You want to talk radical changes, talk to the folks who remember the Aluminum tub and carbon fiber chassis, and going from 6 gears to the now famous stealth. And when the B2 first came out how much of a change the composite material changed the setups. Hobbies aren't a staple for most, so saving some $$ is huge in this small niche. Not to mention that Thunder Tiger controls AE now.

Originally Posted by Mack_Mechanic View Post
If it ain't' broke...don't fix it...........
Amen.

Originally Posted by jbright33 View Post
i don't know thing is i am a experienced racer for 15 years lol just never had a problem like im having with my b4 seems every setup i try its the same like nothing changes tried 30degree hubs this weekend and didn't even feel a difference..
When was the last time you tore the car completely down for a rebuild? Honestly, sometimes Just taking it apart and cleaning things can help. I would also make sure you are making one change at a time. Changing too many things at once can get even more confusing. If nothing else, if you Don't tear it completely apart, I would find the STOCK setup from AE and start there again.

AE is very good with their cars, you really shouldn't need radical changes. My suggestion is to either A- talk to the local hot-shoe and have them either share their setup OR drive the car. Typically, if THEY struggle with the car, its in the setup.

thinking of buying a losi
Thats the worst idea ever, IMO. You realize LOSI isn't the same "race oriented company" it once was? IF you switch, I would look at Kyosho. They seem to have the racing figured out (Tebo just took the mid west champs IIRC) and from all accounts, they are making some pretty nice cars. I hear the shocks are butter!

Best of luck man. Don't get overly worked up, just start with a clean slate and make small changes. Shocks and oil, Springs, even check the Anti-Squat. Re-read the manual esp. on how certain changes will affect the car. (I haven't raced in quite a while and I have to re-learn this stuff,) and Im twice as old as you are and racing that many years!

MOmo

Last edited by MOmo; 02-02-2010 at 09:48 AM.
Old 02-02-2010, 09:29 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wild Cherry View Post
If you are spinning out due to a lack of traction ...

Adjust rear ride height. Lower rear ride height if on high grip surface, higher rear ride if on slippery surfaces...

also try
*softer rear spring
*move rear hub forward
*check your slipper , to tight will not help your problem
*adjust ESC coast brake to smoother setting & also try a lower punch or power profile...

move the lower shock in
lighter oil
shorter rear link
more camber
Old 02-02-2010, 09:31 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

ok still having problems with car spinning out going around turns no one else at my track is running a 1/2 degree rear so i dont need that. just woundering if its something with my diff? to tight to loose? but it feels good..
Try reducing drag brake on the ESC. Turn down the Brake EPA on the radio. Those two make a huge difference in how a vehicle reacts. Also check all four hub bearings in the rear make sure they're in good condition. Check that the CV shafts/axles are lightly coated with grease.....not dry or rusty.
Old 02-02-2010, 10:20 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by air8 View Post
Try reducing drag brake on the ESC. Turn down the Brake EPA on the radio. Those two make a huge difference in how a vehicle reacts. Also check all four hub bearings in the rear make sure they're in good condition. Check that the CV shafts/axles are lightly coated with grease.....not dry or rusty.
Excellent advice. I have had the same problem twice. Once it was a bad bearing and the other time it was a lack of lube on the CVD and it finally just snapped.
Old 02-02-2010, 11:04 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MOmo View Post

Thats the worst idea ever, IMO. You realize LOSI isn't the same "race oriented company" it once was? MOmo
either is associated since they are owned by thunder tiger. And have you seen their latest creations, the t4.1. Wow, that was hard to design. And the sc18, not a market scam at all. =)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.