Like Tree34Likes

RC10B4/T4 Forum

Old 12-24-2009, 03:57 PM
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by not home View Post
ive already been thru this one before, they are cheap, i stripped the threads on the cap which screws into the shock body twice in a row, i removed the cap once to refill with oil and clean, then stripped when i tired to tighten down, no i didnt screw it up the first time when i put it on, or the second time, i know how to put on a shock cap.

O thats right,

Your the guy that cross threads his caps ....

Hardly Ae's fault or problem is it ?

Advise to be more careful threading the cap on ...
Old 12-24-2009, 04:02 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wild Cherry View Post
O thats right,

Your the guy that cross threads his caps ....

Hardly Ae's fault or problem is it ?

Advise to be more careful threading the cap on ...
I have no problem with ae shock caps.
The way i do it is screw them on with my fingers then screw it on with the tools that the kit came with.
Old 12-24-2009, 05:58 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RDOUBLEDAY View Post
I have no problem with ae shock caps.
The way i do it is screw them on with my fingers then screw it on with the tools that the kit came with.
same here, not AE's fault.
Old 12-24-2009, 06:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)

It helps to turn the cap backwards first until it drops down, this is the thread starting area. At this point it is important to make sure the cap is laying flat on the threads, you will know by weather or not it rocks on top of them. If it doesn't rock it is flat and ready to be threaded on.

I have never stripped an AE shock cap in 20+ years of building them. The only ones that were even remotely tuff over the years were the early Kyosho fine threaded shock bodies from the 80's, called Gold shocks.

Threaded aluminum is threaded aluminum, no matter who makes it, it takes care to keep from doing damage.

...Jim
W.E.D.
Old 12-24-2009, 06:28 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by astroboy403 View Post
same here, not AE's fault.
Finnaly someone who is on my side.
Ive had Ae's shocks for along time andnever had a single problem. Probaly just dont know what there doing.
Old 12-24-2009, 06:39 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 85 (100%+)

FWIW, not home's problem isn't his fault. I just built a new set of rear shocks and had to buy new caps, the threading was a different depth and I could not get the old cap to thread on correctly. I tried a set of the local AE team guys and had no problem, he confirmed that there had been a recent switch to deeper/different threads on the shock body/cap because there had been more problems with the old threads, I presume because of a part vendor change but don't know if that's why or not.

The caps don't suck, the bodies don't suck. They just don't always match if you have pieces from around the time of the change.
Old 12-24-2009, 06:45 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Davidka View Post
FWIW, not home's problem isn't his fault. I just built a new set of rear shocks and had to buy new caps, the threading was a different depth and I could not get the old cap to thread on correctly. I tried a set of the local AE team guys and had no problem, he confirmed that there had been a recent switch to deeper/different threads on the shock body/cap because there had been more problems with the old threads, I presume because of a part vendor change but don't know if that's why or not.

The caps don't suck, the bodies don't suck. They just don't always match if you have pieces from around the time of the change.
Your right too.
But if they say that their going to two to three sets somethings obviously wrong.
Old 12-24-2009, 08:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Davidka View Post

Your right too.
But if they say that their going to two to three sets somethings obviously wrong.
thankyou! screw you wild cherry, i know how to thread shock caps on.
Old 12-24-2009, 08:18 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

What Da Hell !!

There no differences in performance or quality between the two versions of the caps ...
If there were you would be able explain to me what is not up par ...

Bet you can't tell us what is the "bad" or "cheap" as you say .....
No AE did a piss Poor job on there caps I wasn't happy with them. They didn't change nothing about the cap just threw set screw in them. Same with there shocks. Every thing about AE shocks sucks.
Old 12-24-2009, 08:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by x60Driver View Post
No AE did a piss Poor job on there caps I wasn't happy with them. They didn't change nothing about the cap just threw set screw in them. Same with there shocks. Every thing about AE shocks sucks.
but the new shock bodies are supposed to be nice, i guess ill try them out in my truck, it needs some new bodies.
Old 12-24-2009, 09:35 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by x60Driver View Post
+1 LOL
Old 12-24-2009, 10:21 PM
Tech Legend

Not Home

Just because you can't screw a cap on, you should not blame Ae..

and again you still did not explain want is "cheap" or what is the "bad" you are claiming..

Last edited by Wild Cherry; 12-24-2009 at 10:37 PM.
Old 12-24-2009, 10:28 PM
Tech Addict

Not Home

Just because you can't screw a cap on, you suck not Ae ....
You might not be right like the other gut said as time goes by ae changes threads. Maybe he had an older et of shocks and tried to put bleeders or the new caps on.It not always his fault.So dont go saying that people suck.
Old 12-24-2009, 10:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

My bleeder caps screw onto the shock body just fine....its the tiny 2-56 bleeder screws that strip out in the plastic for me.....just like all the other 2-56 screws they use in the kit. I can bleed a shock faster with the old caps than missing around with these bleeder screws.
Old 12-24-2009, 10:40 PM
Tech Legend

You might not be right like the other gut said as time goes by ae changes threads. Maybe he had an older et of shocks and tried to put bleeders or the new caps on.It not always his fault.So dont go saying that people suck.
Was a proper response to his" screw you "...

However I did edit..

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.