Old 11-12-2009, 04:52 PM
Tech Master

Sweet, thanks!
Old 11-14-2009, 03:50 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bobby Z View Post
Servo advice needed.

Planning on using a JR ST125MG servo in my B4 FT until my budget allows me to upgrade to a digital servo. Will the JR servo be ok for the time being?
That'll be alright for the time being Bobby, but it never hurts to look around for a good used servo either. It's been a long time since I bought a new servo...
Old 11-14-2009, 07:18 PM

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

noticed somethin with this b4 i'm sad to say i missed. redid all the links tonight on the front end. added some stack at the tower (3 washers). kept 2 washers under steering stud, rack forward. at full extension i see a fair bit of toe in. which of course pushes out to bout where i want it (near zero, slight negative) at ride height. looks the opposite of every mugen 1/8 buggy i've seen which goes 'duck foot' at full travel.

any1 else experience this? btw link is inside inside 3 washers and shock is 1-inside brown. arms level at static height. spindle in middle (trailer) 20deg blocks (25 and 30 avail).

R
Old 11-14-2009, 07:53 PM

removed the 2 washers from the steering stud, seemed to lessen the effect but still there. perhaps the 20deg blocks need to go. hmm

R
Old 11-15-2009, 03:51 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ultegrasti View Post
noticed somethin with this b4 i'm sad to say i missed. redid all the links tonight on the front end. added some stack at the tower (3 washers). kept 2 washers under steering stud, rack forward. at full extension i see a fair bit of toe in. which of course pushes out to bout where i want it (near zero, slight negative) at ride height. looks the opposite of every mugen 1/8 buggy i've seen which goes 'duck foot' at full travel.

any1 else experience this? btw link is inside inside 3 washers and shock is 1-inside brown. arms level at static height. spindle in middle (trailer) 20deg blocks (25 and 30 avail).

R
If you're running the LiPo setup then the front end will have a bunch of bump in and out through the suspension travel. 30* blocks with 3 spacers should equal 20* blocks with 1 spacer (if you're trying to stay consistent with the team setups).
Old 11-15-2009, 05:13 AM

good to know. puttin the 30s back in. with every setup out there usin them. just seems right thing to do. perhaps once in a while fiddle with 25s. but goin back to 30s. space the steering links back up. should be good to go. thx

R
Old 11-15-2009, 08:02 AM
Tech Initiate

Hello pips

i need some help please...

ive bought a GM120 to put on my RC10 B4 (TT), to take of my ezrun...

ime run whit a GM evo3 7,5T motor, and 25C hardcase lipo 2S

next week ive a indoor and i like to try my new esc GM120...

i need some help to choose the best mode:

i choose mode 4, and i work to a soft curve, soft start 0,50s, brake max 90 and fuul bake 90...

do you have any tips for me?

sorry for my bad english

Bruno, from Portugal
Old 11-15-2009, 11:19 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Which foams?

I just bought some panther tires and people keep telling me not to use the stock panther foams. I guess they aren't very good? I'm just wondering what to use?
Old 11-15-2009, 11:56 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by vwjuice View Post
I just bought some panther tires and people keep telling me not to use the stock panther foams. I guess they aren't very good? I'm just wondering what to use?
I really like the Pro-Line 2-stage but that is just my experience . . .
Old 11-15-2009, 12:07 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by dangerwr View Post
I really like the Pro-Line 2-stage but that is just my experience . . .
Thanks that'll give some to look at.
Old 11-15-2009, 02:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)

Some T4 bodies and a B44 as well to add some color to the thread!

...Jim
W.E.D.
Get Faster Gear
wedjim.com
Old 11-15-2009, 03:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Lipo charging questions

I'm charging my Reedy 5000mah 35c Lipo for the first time and wanted to make sure what I saw during the charge is what should be happening.

I'm using Duratrax Ice and Checkpoint balancer. when I first connect the balancer a light appears in front of 'cell 1' and 'cell 2'.

the red light at the top is flahing for 'charge through mode'.

I set charge current at 5 amps. during majority of the charge the 'cell 1' light was on so i assume this means it is only charging that cell in order to balance the two. Is this correct?

The charger beeped when the pack hit 8.4V and the amp rate started to decrease. At this time there were no lights beside 'cell 1' or 'cell 2'. I beleive this should be normal but wanted to confirm.

After the amp rate reduced to around 3 amps I turned off the charger as i was a little nervous.

Should I let the charger continue in this state until the amp rate drops down to zero and will it do any harm to the battery by stopping it early as I did?

Also is there any danger in charging the battery to capacity a day or two before I intend to race? I have read of some packs having issues with storing them fully charged and eventually venting.

Getting back into 1/10th offroad after a long time away and the Lipo stuff is a steep learning curve for sure.

thanks
Old 11-15-2009, 04:25 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Bobby Z View Post
I'm charging my Reedy 5000mah 35c Lipo for the first time and wanted to make sure what I saw during the charge is what should be happening.

I'm using Duratrax Ice and Checkpoint balancer. when I first connect the balancer a light appears in front of 'cell 1' and 'cell 2'.

the red light at the top is flahing for 'charge through mode'.

I set charge current at 5 amps. during majority of the charge the 'cell 1' light was on so i assume this means it is only charging that cell in order to balance the two. Is this correct?

The charger beeped when the pack hit 8.4V and the amp rate started to decrease. At this time there were no lights beside 'cell 1' or 'cell 2'. I beleive this should be normal but wanted to confirm.

After the amp rate reduced to around 3 amps I turned off the charger as i was a little nervous.

Should I let the charger continue in this state until the amp rate drops down to zero and will it do any harm to the battery by stopping it early as I did?

Also is there any danger in charging the battery to capacity a day or two before I intend to race? I have read of some packs having issues with storing them fully charged and eventually venting.

Getting back into 1/10th offroad after a long time away and the Lipo stuff is a steep learning curve for sure.

thanks
u want to let the charger go all the way down till it cuts off if u run out of time between races it is not crucial that u you charge completely no harm as far as chargin a day or 2 in advance the pack will stay charged but over time u will build up internal resistance in the pack which will hurt performance of the pack you should run your pack as close to 3.0 volts per cell without going under that
Old 11-15-2009, 05:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 47 (98%+)

need some help with my t4. i run a 10.5 and a 81 spur? i think its 81. anyway what size pinion do you guys run with it? it maybe that the motor is on it's way out but i figured i would ask.
Also, any set ups for running on carpet? Should i add wieght to make up for using a lipo?
any help would be great.
thanks Daryl.
Old 11-15-2009, 06:04 PM
Tech Legend

suggestion

23T <> 26T for 10.5 81 spur

Weight for carpet ?

Not much experience with but can imagine as much as 28grams on the nose just to control the wheelies...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.