Like Tree34Likes

RC10B4/T4 Forum

Old 10-25-2009, 08:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Averix View Post
Gotta question for all of you T4 fans.
Haven't raced in years, but after checking out the local hobby shop and one while on vacation, I couldn't resist it any longer.

My Question:

I still have my first truck, an RC10T (And yes it's just a T, no numbers), I haven't worked on it in years. If I put some love into this truck, will it be up to the pressures of racing again?

OR

Put the truck up on the shelf and buy a new RC10T4?

Basically: Would I be putting the same amount of money into my RC10T to replace older parts, were as just buying a new kit would be the same cost?

Thank you for your help
How long have you been in a coma? I was in a coma once--however brief but offer my condolences all the same. Welcome back to R/C racing. I too would recommend you picking up a T4 with a brushless and LiPo.
Old 10-26-2009, 12:40 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

sweet! im in bremerton!

pm me and ill give ya the low down on trcr. you gonna be running stock or mod?

oh and george aka wild cherry is the old guy at the track ahhahahahaha

sounds fun! there has been some crazy turnouts lately and good competition.

Originally Posted by wayboarder View Post
haha clean freaks, Ya id say so, my B44 rear hubs have a about a month of wear on them and I was gonna replace them today. The rear pivot does too, those are both getting replaced. Too many dirt gouges in them. Front pivot will be checked to ensure the nipples are still on. Oh and it will be cleaned before setting it on the track today. For some reason I have gone through a string of front towers lately. From completely noneventful clean landing breaks to impressive "how do I still have a intact chassis" landing breaks. AE needs to come up with the new towers already, cause I know its just not me breaking these things so much!

The new front tower though has held up to a friend of mines abuse for a few months though and hes known for going too big and breaking stuff left and right. Im hoping they come out with them soon.

BTW, im booking a trip up to Bremerton for november. What tires and foams should I get for TRCRC?
Old 10-26-2009, 07:14 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SmItH_aLeX View Post
sweet! im in bremerton!

pm me and ill give ya the low down on trcr. you gonna be running stock or mod?

oh and george aka wild cherry is the old guy at the track ahhahahahaha

sounds fun! there has been some crazy turnouts lately and good competition.
mod all the way, Ill try 13.5 though if I can get away with it. how big is the track though so I know what motor to bring. I am planning to do the trip on the total light, and bring nothing more than the car, a battery, a charger, and a radio. It would help immensely since flights are charging for baggage now.

Last edited by wayboarder; 10-26-2009 at 07:31 PM.
Old 10-26-2009, 09:49 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by cjwilly View Post
First let me say that I'm sure this is on the forum somewhere but I couldn't find it with a search.

I have a B4 and will be running a 5700 sidewinder with a 2s lipo. Where should I start with gearing with the factory spur? How about the 72 or 75 tooth spur?
One track I will be running has a 120' front straight and one is about 75' if that makes a difference.

BTW, I'm a gas racer, this electric stuff is new to me.
Thanks
I called Castle and they said start out with a 15 with the stock spur. I picked up a 16 and an 18.
Old 10-26-2009, 10:04 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)
Default x-60

Hey guys, I was curious to see if anyone has the X-Factory T4 conversion kit? I have been looking at this online and while it seems great in theory, I'm really wondering if it really is all that practickle to spend that kind of money. Anyone have any thoughts on this?
Old 10-27-2009, 12:15 AM
Tech Master

its a medium sized indoor course. a 13.5 is mod you will be very underpowered, most people are running a 8.5 or some sort. running a 13.5 is just asking to get ran over by wild cherry and thats a promise

maybe a 10.5 would be just enough for mod.

and you can get away with one set of jconcepts for probably three or four race days.

mod all the way, Ill try 13.5 though if I can get away with it. how big is the track though so I know what motor to bring. I am planning to do the trip on the total light, and bring nothing more than the car, a battery, a charger, and a radio. It would help immensely since flights are charging for baggage now.
Old 10-27-2009, 01:23 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SmItH_aLeX View Post
its a medium sized indoor course. a 13.5 is mod you will be very underpowered, most people are running a 8.5 or some sort. running a 13.5 is just asking to get ran over by wild cherry and thats a promise

maybe a 10.5 would be just enough for mod.

and you can get away with one set of jconcepts for probably three or four race days.

ok, better question that will better gauge what I need. What is the times that pillars is putting down and what are the laptimes of the fastest stock guy at the track. My 13.5 setup is on par with 10.5's oh yeah!
Old 10-27-2009, 09:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (96%+)

what should I gear a 10.5t orion v2 inside a B4? I have tryed a few setups and I think 24/78 seems to be the best. But what do you guys prefer or use. track is indoor and a Mod Lap is 20-21 secs, and our 10.5 class do 22-24 let me know thank you
Old 10-27-2009, 01:13 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MUDVAYNE View Post
Hey guys, I was curious to see if anyone has the X-Factory T4 conversion kit? I have been looking at this online and while it seems great in theory, I'm really wondering if it really is all that practickle to spend that kind of money. Anyone have any thoughts on this?
it is a good kit they jump better and have better cg however....
parts support is difficult, and they dont like rough of loose dirt tracks, they are a blue groove/ indoor clay truck truck
so it would depend on your track
Old 10-27-2009, 02:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PsycoB4 View Post
what should I gear a 10.5t orion v2 inside a B4? I have tryed a few setups and I think 24/78 seems to be the best. But what do you guys prefer or use. track is indoor and a Mod Lap is 20-21 secs, and our 10.5 class do 22-24 let me know thank you
try a 25. i had a 24 and it rly sucked last year. thats what everyone told em to run and i couldnt clear anything. the 25-27 really did well with the 78 spur.
Old 10-28-2009, 01:24 AM
Tech Master

ok, better question that will better gauge what I need. What is the times that pillars is putting down and what are the laptimes of the fastest stock guy at the track. My 13.5 setup is on par with 10.5's oh yeah!
well theres really only one guy running a 10.5 down here. i wasnt there when pillars was racing. but the mod guys are running like a lap faster... roughly. if your bored, go to the northwest section and look in the race results thread, last page there is always the most recent race night posted! you can look at the times and laps and fast guys, like my brother hahaaaaahahha
Old 10-29-2009, 06:13 PM
Tech Elite

hey, few questions. first off, i need to reduce the play in the front end of my buggy, what should i look for? im thinking of changing out the ball sups, they seem to have alot of play in them. maybe jconcepts cups? anything else that wears in the front end i should tear down and look at?
Old 10-29-2009, 06:22 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Glue your servo saver. They seem to give up on high speed turns, especially at the end of the straightaways. That has alot to do with the crazy wiggle your front end is giving you.
Old 10-29-2009, 06:47 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by dmatter View Post
Glue your servo saver. They seem to give up on high speed turns, especially at the end of the straightaways. That has alot to do with the crazy wiggle your front end is giving you.
well, im on a higher bite track that is small and tight. our strait is immediate brakes at the end so it really doesnt slack there. i guess ill take a look through and see what i can find. ill probably be at the track all day tomorrow so i can really get into it. thanks for the input.
Old 10-29-2009, 09:36 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MUDVAYNE View Post
One of the guys I race with in Madison, WI runs an X-Factory T4. It's a demon on our carpet track, and the "cool" factor of a mid-motor T4 is off the charts, but it is definitely a big chunk to spend over the cost of the truck itself.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.