Like Tree34Likes

RC10B4/T4 Forum

Old 02-20-2006, 01:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I would also be a little cautious about going with aluminum CVD's. They would bend pretty easily compared to steel.
Old 02-20-2006, 02:13 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 85 (100%+)

I know you can get them for Losi but I don't know about Associated. The AE CVD's have much smaller ball ends and outdrives.
Old 02-20-2006, 06:05 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I just rebuilt pretty much my entire T4 so I thought I'd share some pics before it hits the dirt.Took me about 4 hours and I rebuilt my Transmission, rebuilt my shocks,Cleaned car completly,Installed RCscrewz Stainless steel screw kit.Fixed my annoying toe-out problem.This was after a very eventful race day in which I qualified 5th in the B and finished 3rd.Got my fastest time yet in the main, and never had to be marshaled once .Times like these are when I really love RC.
Enjoy
Steve
Attached Thumbnails RC10B4/T4 Forum-picture-065.jpg   RC10B4/T4 Forum-picture-067.jpg  
Old 02-20-2006, 08:11 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Stevietd14
I just rebuilt pretty much my entire T4 so I thought I'd share some pics before it hits the dirt.Took me about 4 hours and I rebuilt my Transmission, rebuilt my shocks,Cleaned car completly,Installed RCscrewz Stainless steel screw kit.Fixed my annoying toe-out problem.This was after a very eventful race day in which I qualified 5th in the B and finished 3rd.Got my fastest time yet in the main, and never had to be marshaled once .Times like these are when I really love RC.
Enjoy
Steve
You sure you fixed that toe out problem? I use the RPM toe gauge and really like it, imho a must have in the pit box along with the RPM camber gauge.

I love RCScrewz and I too make it a habit to replace my screws whenever I fully rebuild my car. Looks good.
Old 02-22-2006, 09:42 AM
Tech Legend

Stevie

Suggest trying a set of 3.5 rear hubs by Racer Edge....

You will like....
Old 02-22-2006, 12:46 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by jamescam
You sure you fixed that toe out problem? I use the RPM toe gauge and really like it, imho a must have in the pit box along with the RPM camber gauge.

I love RCScrewz and I too make it a habit to replace my screws whenever I fully rebuild my car. Looks good.
Yeah I think your right I tested it out today and It wasn't running straight.When I said I fixed it I just reset it to factory settings so IDK.How much was that Toe-In gauge?

Wild Cherry-
Are you talking about the Aluminum ones?I see T4's/B4's all the time with them.It's a very popular upgrade I hear.Where do they sell them?I see the trinity ones at Tower, but no racers edge.
Old 02-22-2006, 01:28 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Stevietd14
Yeah I think your right I tested it out today and It wasn't running straight.When I said I fixed it I just reset it to factory settings so IDK.How much was that Toe-In gauge?

Wild Cherry-
Are you talking about the Aluminum ones?I see T4's/B4's all the time with them.It's a very popular upgrade I hear.Where do they sell them?I see the trinity ones at Tower, but no racers edge.
The toe in gauge is $10 (here is a link for it at Tower http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXEU91&P=7)

I use to use the Racer's Edge 0 Degree Rear Hubs Carries and really liked them, I just switched back to the regular plastic hub carries for more traction. I didn't know they went up to 3.5 degrees the most I have seen is 1.5 degrees which is what I plan on trying next (here is a link for those as well http://cgi.ebay.com/Associated-B4-T4...QQcmdZViewItem)
Old 02-22-2006, 01:54 PM
Tech Fanatic

Whats the benefit of those Hub carriers besides the 3rd hole position?I've never broken one, and I can't lose much more traction.I would have thought since it puts more weight on the Rear wheels then the traction would go up but I beleive James.A couple buddies keep telling me to lower my ride height but I run it at 33mm instead of the suggested 31mm and it feels low to me already.Will lowering it the addiiontal 2mm make much of a difference?
Old 02-22-2006, 02:01 PM
Tech Legend

James , yeah, should of said 1.5 hub...

Steve , the 1.5 hubs I mention give you 3.5 degree toe on the rear arms...

This helps give the T-4 a little more rear traction ....

Lower ride will help the truck get more planted, but it also will increase your body roll in the conner...
Old 02-22-2006, 02:04 PM
Tech Elite

One of the major benefits of the anodized hubs is the reduction of slop on the hinge pin made possible by an added hole & set screw. In terms of traction I believe the lack of flex is why traction is reduced but could be wrong, at first I didn't notice it and then when I went back to my plastic hub carriers I saw it. One way to add traction is to move back the rear wheelbase by positioning the 2 washers in front of the rear hubs on the hinge pin.
Old 02-22-2006, 02:19 PM
Tech Legend

Default Need more traction ?

Steve , if you do try the Racer Edge 1.5 hubs use the 2nd hole with two .030 spacer`s under ball stud....

Also

try using 1 oz weight behind battery under shock tower....(more traction )
Old 02-22-2006, 02:23 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Wild Cherry
I just added this to my T4 my last race series and it has made a world of difference. Not only in increased traction but there was a particular double I was having trouble with that I can now simply throttle through.
Old 02-22-2006, 02:55 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Wild Cherry
Steve , if you do try the Racer Edge 1.5 hubs use the 2nd hole with two .030 spacer`s under ball stud....

Also

Thanks for the suggestion, Im gonna try that out this Saturday.I just need more traction because I prefer having my battery as far forward as possible.I think Im going to move my battery up forward more and add the weight.
Old 02-22-2006, 11:55 PM
Tech Legend

Default New Ae B-4 Slipper Pads

Just got um today ...
Not sure if the only differents is the color,the material is similar yet a bit more plastic in appearance...
Will be testing um tommorow night...
Attached Thumbnails RC10B4/T4 Forum-new-slipper-002-reduce.jpg  
Old 02-23-2006, 10:32 AM
Tech Fanatic

I saw those slipper pads here

http://www.ultimaterc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61701

They look different but as long as they work it's no problem.Slipper Pads, IMO are one of the most overpriced items that AE sells.I don't know much about manufacturing but for $7 you think you could get more then those 2 slipper pads.Another item I think AE overprices are the thumbscrews, but this is all just in my opinion.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.