Like Tree34Likes

RC10B4/T4 Forum

Old 09-11-2009, 11:14 PM
  #9451  
Tech Elite
 
UK.hardcore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Belgium.
Posts: 2,266
Default

Originally Posted by ShaunMac View Post
GHEA Racing makes 3.5 and 4.0 degree anti-squat blocks with delrin inserts.


They also make other parts for the B4.
i use their parts, they are flatout awesome.
UK.hardcore is offline  
Old 09-11-2009, 11:40 PM
  #9452  
Tech Master
 
teambighead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Washington
Posts: 1,540
Default

Originally Posted by dangerwr View Post
What does this mean? What do you use and what data do you have to support? IMO you said a whole lot of nothing--with all due respect?
I'll elaberate more below in a different color to help you catch on a little quicker.



With the shocks, I think it's a "to each their own" sort of thing.

I have tested a bit with them, as has all of AE. Notice that we don't run them. They do have a few drawbacks.

The AE team has tested the shock set up, and losi has also in the past, both companies found that the standard shock set-up works better, and in most cases is faster.

If the bladder shock was better, we'd all be running them.



A lot of people do like the bladder style shocks due to the lower amount of work they generate, or the 'lazy factor'

Many people have a preferance on certain items due to their work ethics. If it equals less work, they like it more, even if it sacrafices a little bit of their handling or lap times.

After all, this is a hobby, and for some people, if they have to rebuild their shocks less often, they can enjoy their time at the track more.


I will say that 99% of the people that have tried them, and then back to back run the old style shocks never put the bladders back on.

Many people try changes with out doing a proper back to back testing on it.... meaning, trying the old setting first as a base point, then the new setting, then back to the old, and again back to the new again. This must be done within a certain time frame, which depends on the track. This will keep the testing of the track conditions the same and fair to the test.

I've seen it many times that people show up with the new shocks on a fresh day and try them, and the car feels better that day, and then they are sold on it that the bladder shocks are better. Even though the track conditions could have been better that day, or temps could have been different that day...ect ect. With out going back to the old style you don't know if it's the shock or something else, due to lack of a base point.



For who is interested, the new shock caps are very soon. They are at AE and I believe they are waiting to get packaged. I got mine and they look pretty good.

The new shock caps are just around the corner.


I don't quite follow what you mean by 'what do I use'.

If you are refering to the shocks, I use the standard style shock cap. And many hours of back to back testing on various conditions.
teambighead is offline  
Old 09-12-2009, 12:27 AM
  #9453  
Tech Legend
 
Wild Cherry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: TRCR Modified Driver
Posts: 22,595
Default

Originally Posted by dangerwr View Post
What does this mean? What IMO you said a whole lot of nothing--with all due respect?


That was whole lot of good information from a Ae Team driver, try to take advantage of it ..
Wild Cherry is offline  
Old 09-12-2009, 10:21 AM
  #9454  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (33)
 
BIG RE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Redding CA
Posts: 863
Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)
Default

Mike Truhe won Nationals in 2wd a few years ago on experimental Losi bladder style shocks, they can't be that bad if he managed that amongst the fastest guys in the nation.

Last edited by BIG RE; 09-12-2009 at 11:01 AM.
BIG RE is offline  
Old 09-12-2009, 11:06 AM
  #9455  
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 499
Default

Hi gentlemen,

Just to let you know a change on your bookmarks:
Setup Sheet B4
Setup Sheet T4

Hope that'll help you guys!
Arn0 is offline  
Old 09-12-2009, 12:39 PM
  #9456  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (53)
 
Tony Newland's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Utah
Posts: 5,932
Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)
Default

And after all the discussion and debate back and forth, one mistake on the track, erases all the theories and opinions of either shock cap making you faster



Thats reality.... not a theory

Cherry - Does Browny post race results anywhere online?
Tony Newland is offline  
Old 09-12-2009, 01:04 PM
  #9457  
Tech Legend
 
Wild Cherry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: TRCR Modified Driver
Posts: 22,595
Default

Tony
3 rd over all in last seasons indoor series>> N/W ECT Mod Bug
( largest indoor series in the nation I believe...)


And I got lucky this year & had Bridgewater save me at the Hank Perry for the a win in Gas Truck, against some really fast guys !!

still 2nd overall in the NCT points for the summer BDW...

and I could go on

Still, I know you would go by my latest club results for last month & 1/2 ...

If so...

I admit ,I suck eggs as of late ...


go to the N/w forum and look up race results if your interested ..

Last edited by Wild Cherry; 09-12-2009 at 01:17 PM.
Wild Cherry is offline  
Old 09-12-2009, 01:48 PM
  #9458  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (61)
 
tmail55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: TN Mountains!!
Posts: 3,296
Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by teambighead View Post
With the shocks, I think it's a "to each their own" sort of thing.

I have tested a bit with them, as has all of AE. Notice that we don't run them. They do have a few drawbacks.

A lot of people do like the bladder style shocks due to the lower amount of work they generate, or the 'lazy factor'

I will say that 99% of the people that have tried them, and then back to back run the old style shocks never put the bladders back on.



For who is interested, the new shock caps are very soon. They are at AE and I believe they are waiting to get packaged. I got mine and they look pretty good.

I tried bladders (2007) on my T4 and B4 waste of time.

Then I heard about Yokomo caps AND didn't have the $$ to get them for 4 cars!!

So I put the 2-56 screws in my B4 shock caps, then in the rest of my cars.

Posted this on RC10B4.com forum 01-07-2008 in "Yokomo shock caps don't fit...."

Seen the picture of what AE is making on AE web site, they did this BETTER than me.

===

Bleeder caps: (simple step version how to)

Just fill the shock, put the spring cup on, run the shaft in until the cup touches the shock body and insert the screw. Wipe up any oil the came out the bleeder hole and your done.
tmail55 is offline  
Old 09-12-2009, 02:11 PM
  #9459  
Tech Master
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: El Mirage, AZ, USA
Posts: 1,472
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by UK.hardcore View Post
That's research when you had to much to drink.
UK HA HA HA!!!!! I do all my research after a twelve of Miller High Life! I thought it had something to do with Star Wars

To you guys with your 25 dollar words like pack and stiction. And o rings that swell....You are the ones that go out and turn no faster laps then Johnny Weekend racer (relax not all of you). Then blame it on the fact that the car had too much pack or the o rings were swelled.

Remember this will always be a hobby were you race toy cars for bowling trophys!!!

And second.... None of it means a damn thing if you cant wheel it!!! That means driving it fast when it still aint perfect....

You guys know who Maifeld is right?

When i raced with him in Phx when he was kid before anybody knew who he was. Too say the least his buggy was far from perfect and he still took us to the hole (beat us, me whatever) Because he can wheel it!!!

Im not trying to start a argument keep truckin fellas just remember that when you start busting out your test equipment and spread sheets. Keep it real and simple.

What did that guy say and this apples to all.... None of that stuff means shit if you make a mistake

OK off the soapbox Im going to SRS to race open truck and probably get my butt kicked But as Ice Cube sez guess it was a good day.

And going yo have some beers afterward. HEY UK Hardcore wanna join me? lol!
Bubonic-X is offline  
Old 09-12-2009, 02:16 PM
  #9460  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (76)
 
brian cox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: sioux falls
Posts: 2,098
Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Tony Newland View Post
And after all the discussion and debate back and forth, one mistake on the track, erases all the theories and opinions of either shock cap making you faster



Thats reality.... not a theory

Cherry - Does Browny post race results anywhere online?

can I get an amen!!!! shock caps, bladders, no bladders, should be the last of some peoples worries!

Last edited by brian cox; 09-12-2009 at 05:21 PM. Reason: .
brian cox is online now  
Old 09-12-2009, 04:41 PM
  #9461  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (5)
 
dangerwr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Boulder, CO
Posts: 2,245
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by teambighead View Post
I'll elaberate more below in a different color to help you catch on a little quicker.



With the shocks, I think it's a "to each their own" sort of thing.

I have tested a bit with them, as has all of AE. Notice that we don't run them. They do have a few drawbacks.

The AE team has tested the shock set up, and losi has also in the past, both companies found that the standard shock set-up works better, and in most cases is faster.

If the bladder shock was better, we'd all be running them.



A lot of people do like the bladder style shocks due to the lower amount of work they generate, or the 'lazy factor'

Many people have a preferance on certain items due to their work ethics. If it equals less work, they like it more, even if it sacrafices a little bit of their handling or lap times.

After all, this is a hobby, and for some people, if they have to rebuild their shocks less often, they can enjoy their time at the track more.


I will say that 99% of the people that have tried them, and then back to back run the old style shocks never put the bladders back on.

Many people try changes with out doing a proper back to back testing on it.... meaning, trying the old setting first as a base point, then the new setting, then back to the old, and again back to the new again. This must be done within a certain time frame, which depends on the track. This will keep the testing of the track conditions the same and fair to the test.

I've seen it many times that people show up with the new shocks on a fresh day and try them, and the car feels better that day, and then they are sold on it that the bladder shocks are better. Even though the track conditions could have been better that day, or temps could have been different that day...ect ect. With out going back to the old style you don't know if it's the shock or something else, due to lack of a base point.



For who is interested, the new shock caps are very soon. They are at AE and I believe they are waiting to get packaged. I got mine and they look pretty good.

The new shock caps are just around the corner.


I don't quite follow what you mean by 'what do I use'.

If you are refering to the shocks, I use the standard style shock cap. And many hours of back to back testing on various conditions.
YOU ARE THE MAN! Thanks do much for taking the time to get me up to speed. I am new to 1/10th racing . . .
dangerwr is offline  
Old 09-12-2009, 08:22 PM
  #9462  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (45)
 
Cameron Kellogg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Idaho
Posts: 5,776
Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Wild Cherry View Post
That was whole lot of good information from a Ae Team driver, try to take advantage of it ..
Bridgewater and the rest of the Team AE do A LOT of testings so we are not all running hunks of plastic crap every weekend. If you don't know him and don't like his set-ups then no big deal. Every track is different and you might like a different set-up for your track. I don't get to practice during the week. I know that if Bridgewater gives me a set-up for a kind of track it is dialed. Maybe a washer different here or there for my driving but I can show up learn the track and race up front with little worry.

When I ran a Losi I struggled and had NO help. Switch to AE and now race up front. An AE Team drivers help is the difference of having fun on the weekend or wondering why you spent all this money to come out and get your butt kicked.

Just my 2 cents...
Cameron Kellogg is offline  
Old 09-12-2009, 08:25 PM
  #9463  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (23)
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Upper Milwaukee
Posts: 2,731
Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Default

tomorrow is my first run of the season for indoor offroad, cant wait! got the whole lightweight setup and stuff. i hope i like the ballistic 8.5 too.
not home is offline  
Old 09-13-2009, 08:14 AM
  #9464  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (14)
 
wayboarder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 866
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Cameron Kellogg View Post

When I ran a Losi I struggled and had NO help. Switch to AE and now race up front. An AE Team drivers help is the difference of having fun on the weekend or wondering why you spent all this money to come out and get your butt kicked.

Just my 2 cents...
I made a mention about this very thing in the new 1/10th buggy thread. I did the same thing, I ran a Losi buggy with only internet support and had failing success at best. It was always the little things I would overlook. Having a team driver that tests everything and can look at your stuff is priceless. I made a switch to AE due purely because of support and frustration over having a car with limited support.

Still I suck at wrenching on cars, and I still overlook little things, but I still do the wrenching. Put the car on the track, and if it feels horrible(which after most wrench sessions it does) I just hand the car over to the Hartsons and they tell me exactly whats wrong and after making all the suggested fixes, the car handles amazing.

In short, having support at your local track makes this hobby far more fun and enjoyable.
wayboarder is offline  
Old 09-13-2009, 08:22 AM
  #9465  
Tech Legend
 
Wild Cherry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: TRCR Modified Driver
Posts: 22,595
Default Ae Team driver support

One of the biggest reasons the B-4 is continues to be the dominate ride is the support given by all the Ae Team drivers....
Wild Cherry is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.