Like Tree34Likes

RC10B4/T4 Forum

Old 09-11-2009, 03:29 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by offtraxx View Post
I am the fast guy. the best tire that anyone uses around here are step pins, usually front and rear but I got a good deal on the ifmars

all 4 arms are level, rears maybe just a touch lower
Touche.....

Move the hubs back (as someone already said), a couple more internal limiters in the front shocks wouldn't hurt (try 3, if that's too much, pull one out at a time until it starts pushing again), stiffer rear springs (unless that's going to compromise traction too much).
Old 09-11-2009, 08:51 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AiR2k View Post
We did some empirical research and came to conclusion that B4 handles best with duct taped wing and jumps best from skijump on three wheels.

The proof: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=91qmf3sG0aU&fmt=18
What the Hell is empirical research???????
Old 09-11-2009, 09:35 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Wild Cherry View Post
pack : the initial force required to move the shock shaft up or down...

more force = more pack

less pack( softer) =more traction

more pack ( harder) = less traction

bladders add pack ...

why ?
because the shock shaft has to stretch bladder in order to move up or down...

so when you use the bladder you will have less traction compared to no bladder.

not to mention losing the proper droop settings as you will have to install limiters on the shock to stop the piston
from hitting the bladder .(Bad)

Not to be rude or whatever, but do you know about different viscocities of oil? you can adjust this you know.
Old 09-11-2009, 09:36 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Bubonic-X View Post
What the Hell is empirical research???????
That's research when you had to much to drink.
Old 09-11-2009, 10:17 AM
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by UK.hardcore View Post
Not to be rude or whatever, but do you know about different viscocities of oil? you can adjust this you know.

Sure you can experiment and learn how to compensate for bladders with different oil weight ,piston size & limiter's...
O-wait I just said that early....

But....

If your a beginner or even a season driver you should do better with the team set-up....
Which as Bridgewater( Team Driver) explained is how those drivers set their B-4 shocks...

Last edited by Wild Cherry; 09-11-2009 at 12:04 PM.
Old 09-11-2009, 11:03 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

staying quiet
Old 09-11-2009, 03:13 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default Rebuilding

Am I doing something wrong?
Most racers on this thread complain about the need to regularly rebuild shocks and diffs. I started offroad this year with an old T3 and still race it. All the shocks and diff were rebuilt about 8-10 weeks ago and the shocks all still feel the same and none have leaked. The diff still feels as good to me as the day I built it. Admittedly I dont race in any serious comps, just club, so maybe my car doesn't do the same amount of work as some of you.
I used to race onroad and have had Xray T!,T1Evo,fko4,fk05,T2 And T2007. I had more problems with their shocks(with bladders) than these.

Terry
Old 09-11-2009, 03:20 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Team Ash View Post
Am I doing something wrong?
Most racers on this thread complain about the need to regularly rebuild shocks and diffs. I started offroad this year with an old T3 and still race it. All the shocks and diff were rebuilt about 8-10 weeks ago and the shocks all still feel the same and none have leaked. The diff still feels as good to me as the day I built it. Admittedly I dont race in any serious comps, just club, so maybe my car doesn't do the same amount of work as some of you.
I used to race onroad and have had Xray T!,T1Evo,fko4,fk05,T2 And T2007. I had more problems with their shocks(with bladders) than these.

Terry
Im with you, i run a SC10 and a FT T4 and i just take my time and use green slime, and i HAVENT EVER had a problem with my AE shocks leaking
Old 09-11-2009, 03:26 PM
Suspended

Thumbs up AE Is Killer Of All......

I know i saw this in here way back when.But I'm looking is the machined rear inner hing pin holder for the B4 . Any Help Appreciated !
Old 09-11-2009, 03:32 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Around here .1 sec per lap means the difference between 1st and 8th..... so you can feel the car start to drop off in handling and slow down. the time sheets will reflect that also. I mainly notice the jumping performance drop off... and it gets way too much forward bite when the shock get air in them. The weight transfers way too fast... just wants to wheelie over
Old 09-11-2009, 04:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

So where does this extra air come from in the shocks. If the shocks are filled and not leaking how does the emulsion change?
Old 09-11-2009, 04:12 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Although some of you had said your shocks feel the same after extended period of time, i am willing to be they dont. They may not leak, as mine dont leak. But the orings will swell from the fluid. Take your shocks off, empty them and feel the "stiction" on the shafts. That is from the oring swelling. Handling will improve by putting in fresh orings.
Old 09-11-2009, 04:18 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by losidriver70 View Post
I know i saw this in here way back when.But I'm looking is the machined rear inner hing pin holder for the B4 . Any Help Appreciated !
GHEA Racing makes 3.5 and 4.0 degree anti-squat blocks with delrin inserts.

They also make other parts for the B4.
Old 09-11-2009, 05:29 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CClay1282 View Post
Although some of you had said your shocks feel the same after extended period of time, i am willing to be they dont. They may not leak, as mine dont leak. But the orings will swell from the fluid. Take your shocks off, empty them and feel the "stiction" on the shafts. That is from the oring swelling. Handling will improve by putting in fresh orings.
i agree, i rebuild my shocks every 2 race weekends, i was just saying i have no problem with leaky shocks
Old 09-11-2009, 10:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by teambighead View Post
With the shocks, I think it's a "to each their own" sort of thing.

I have tested a bit with them, as has all of AE. Notice that we don't run them. They do have a few drawbacks.

A lot of people do like the bladder style shocks due to the lower amount of work they generate, or the 'lazy factor'

I will say that 99% of the people that have tried them, and then back to back run the old style shocks never put the bladders back on.

For who is interested, the new shock caps are very soon. They are at AE and I believe they are waiting to get packaged. I got mine and they look pretty good.
What does this mean? What do you use and what data do you have to support? IMO you said a whole lot of nothing--with all due respect?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.