Like Tree34Likes

RC10B4/T4 Forum

Old 07-12-2009, 10:05 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Hi all, wondering if I can get some ideas. My B4 is very taily, mainly on power i.e. it's hard to keep it going straight when getting on the gas, but also off power I seem to get too much rotation in slow corners.

My setup is very similar the lightweight setup, however, I havent added any weight as yet so no doubt this could have something to do with it
Old 07-13-2009, 07:27 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

tires, weight, maybe ur radio settings for your servo
Old 07-13-2009, 08:07 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 50 (98%+)

Originally Posted by CraigM View Post
Hi all, wondering if I can get some ideas. My B4 is very taily, mainly on power i.e. it's hard to keep it going straight when getting on the gas, but also off power I seem to get too much rotation in slow corners.

My setup is very similar the lightweight setup, however, I havent added any weight as yet so no doubt this could have something to do with it
loosen your slipper some. If you are spinning out when trying to go stright you are spinning the tires. Lets the slipper take some of the spinning away and It should be easier to drive.
Old 07-13-2009, 08:20 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CraigM View Post

Everything suggested above can help. More information about your setup and track would be helpful.

What tires are you running, what do others run?
What motor - a 5.5 is going to be very tail happy on power
Describe the track surface - dry/wet, hard/loose, etc
Old 07-13-2009, 03:24 PM
Tech Elite

Location: Where the ego's are so big, people's heads can't fit in the door
Trader Rating: 147 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CClay1282 View Post
I havent noticed that. No worse than front wheels anyway. lol

Chedda, im sorry to hear about that. I wondered where you were this weekend. We had fun, sorry that you had to miss it. Hopefully you will return soon.

He isnt lyin about a DIALED truck, i have seen it in action. Very good setup.
i appreciate the kind words Chris i really wish i could've been there but personal things and just life in general get in the way sometimes....

btw guys and girls... all thats left is the t4!!! get it and dominate the competition
Old 07-13-2009, 03:33 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default lap times

Well I was just wondering what was going on with lap time. My b4 is running 19 sec and truck is mid 18 sec. I thought it would be the other way
Old 07-13-2009, 03:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PT Hill Top RC View Post
Well I was just wondering what was going on with lap time. My b4 is running 19 sec and truck is mid 18 sec. I thought it would be the other way
you could be better with the truck, I run faster with my truck than with my buggy, it just is easier for me and i have more truck experience.
Old 07-13-2009, 03:46 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by rcman1993 View Post
you could be better with the truck, I run faster with my truck than with my buggy, it just is easier for me and i have more truck experience.
Well about driving the truck better thats weird because i could not drive the the t4 last time i try ed thats why it sat on the shelf. but now it is Dialed even painted a new body
We lost the mod truck class last year and have got a few back and running lately. I have been racing the buggy all year and and now getting the truck class back and running. also next week ill be breaking in a new B4.
Attached Thumbnails RC10B4/T4 Forum-100_1033.jpg   RC10B4/T4 Forum-100_1031.jpg  
Old 07-13-2009, 04:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

nice bodies. If you were in a mod truck before, then you should drive faster with the truck than in the buggy because it is a little bit harder to most people. If you were in a mod buggy also, then i would say that you are a truck guy.
Old 07-13-2009, 05:47 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gregm View Post
Everything suggested above can help. More information about your setup and track would be helpful.

What tires are you running, what do others run?
What motor - a 5.5 is going to be very tail happy on power
Describe the track surface - dry/wet, hard/loose, etc
oops sorry! it's a 10.5, I'm using double-dees, the surface is dry and quite hard, but also dusty in some spots. I'm not 100% sure what tires others are using

Thanks for the tips above, I'll add some weight (how much?) and loosen off the slipper
Old 07-13-2009, 07:57 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SpraydbySprague View Post
For the stock slipper assembly, the 87 tooth is the largest. There is a company making a part called a turbo hub which eliminates the slipper and allows the use of standard style 48p spurs. I'm curious as to why you are looking for a larger spur for your T4. Do you need more bottom end torque or more top speed?
basically top speed, but i want a good power band. as i said i dont race, i just tool around. i currently have a 23/87 setup on my 7700, so it moves fairly well. (i want my 3S back on it though!) it does get quite hot, but i dont run it for long periods of time.
Old 07-13-2009, 08:12 PM
Tech Elite

Location: Conducting aggressive board meetings at my local track
Trader Rating: 64 (100%+)

Originally Posted by blackdragonx118 View Post
basically top speed, but i want a good power band. as i said i dont race, i just tool around. i currently have a 23/87 setup on my 7700, so it moves fairly well. (i want my 3S back on it though!) it does get quite hot, but i dont run it for long periods of time.
If you want top speed then you need to use a smaller spur gear. Such as an 84 tooth. You need to pay more attention to temps when doing speed runs. The constant hard launching and long runs at WOT can raise temps quickly.
Old 07-13-2009, 08:49 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chedda bob View Post
i appreciate the kind words Chris i really wish i could've been there but personal things and just life in general get in the way sometimes....
I understand that. Well good luck in your endevours and hope to see you back some day.

P.S. Did alot better this past weekend at stateline than the previous two ftms races.

Finished 7th in the a in mod buggy
Finished 5th in the a in mod truck

Made me happy. lol
Old 07-13-2009, 09:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PT Hill Top RC View Post
Well about driving the truck better thats weird because i could not drive the the t4 last time i try ed thats why it sat on the shelf. but now it is Dialed even painted a new body
We lost the mod truck class last year and have got a few back and running lately. I have been racing the buggy all year and and now getting the truck class back and running. also next week ill be breaking in a new B4.
You can wheel anything you drive Darin...I especially like your infamous MOD SC10 video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KIDvdVtMKk

We'll see if I can get your old B4 up to speed.
Old 07-13-2009, 10:18 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Derry View Post
You can wheel anything you drive Darin...I especially like your infamous MOD SC10 video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KIDvdVtMKk

We'll see if I can get your old B4 up to speed.
Thanks derry. Are you runing my old B4 it in stock or mod. Good luck and ill watch for you in the race results. & see ya @ the track

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.