Like Tree34Likes

RC10B4/T4 Forum

Old 06-23-2009, 03:20 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by C_Money View Post
What is the best way to clean and get all the dirt out of the screws on the bottom of the car without getting everything wet and all electronics and stuff wet? I found it difficult to change a broken part the other night with dirt in the holes and not being able to get it out all the way.
Go to a tool section of a store and buy a set of picks. I usually get the set that has four. One is straight, one is ninety degree, one is rounded, and one is funny lookin. But the end of one of the picks will clear out even the bolts that take a .050 wrench.
Old 06-23-2009, 03:39 PM
Tech Elite

Location: Conducting aggressive board meetings at my local track
Trader Rating: 64 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mtsb4 View Post
Im on 1-B on the back.

Got 1 shock limiter in the front, well there was they may have fallen out when i changed shock oil last time hmmm i think i'll check that in a minute.
Try 1-A. If the rear rotates too much with that setting, go back to 1-B and lower the inner ball stud .030 in.
Old 06-23-2009, 05:51 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

does the rc10t4 wing do anything? mine didn't come with one (used) and i'm about to toss brushless power to it....and was wondering if it'd help to buy/make one?

if i make one, is there a .pdf template i can print to use to cut it? i have some lexan
Old 06-23-2009, 06:32 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

people say it doesnt but i swear for me it keeps my back on the ground and gives it more control especially on the straight
Old 06-23-2009, 06:57 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Angry

Is it possible to have a bad diff? I have put together 6 T4 Factory trucks and never had a problem. I cannot get the wheels to go in opposite directions. I have gone over it a dozen times and even took another one apart to be sure. Everything looks right but it wont work right. I've checked the springs and backed off the screw an 1/8th but nothing will do it. I am at the point of losing it. Any other ideas? Could it be defective?
Old 06-23-2009, 06:58 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by GSRswapandslow View Post
does the rc10t4 wing do anything? mine didn't come with one (used) and i'm about to toss brushless power to it....and was wondering if it'd help to buy/make one?

if i make one, is there a .pdf template i can print to use to cut it? i have some lexan
wat i do if u got a lip from a body u cut out use the lip to mount to body then the side of lip as the kickup
Old 06-23-2009, 07:42 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by djmike View Post
Is it possible to have a bad diff? I have put together 6 T4 Factory trucks and never had a problem. I cannot get the wheels to go in opposite directions. I have gone over it a dozen times and even took another one apart to be sure. Everything looks right but it wont work right. I've checked the springs and backed off the screw an 1/8th but nothing will do it. I am at the point of losing it. Any other ideas? Could it be defective?
Only a couple of things can go wrong.
Gear is molded bad and too thick.
wrong bearings in the middle of the diff gear
Balls are too small.

Even if your thrust bearing is shot it still should work.
Old 06-23-2009, 08:52 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

For the wing, in high speed turns it does help slightly, but in low speed sections it really doesn't do much. Also like said I think the truck feels more stable with the wing on the stright (i.e. high speed section of the track).

Another thing in the air, with it on it seems harder to controll the flight path with it on (nose up or down), but if you take the jump right in the first place (find where to punck it and where to let off based on the set-up, and the angle of the jump) then that isn't a problem.

Originally Posted by djmike View Post
Do you have a motor in the truck? If so is it a BL motor?

Have you tried to hold the spur gear and then check to see what the did does when you spin a wheel?
Old 06-23-2009, 11:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by GSRswapandslow View Post

In stock, no. Mod yes it will make a difference under power. Make one out of a old ice cream container lid.
Old 06-24-2009, 06:13 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Do any of you guys use Bladders in your T4 shocks? Wondering what the opinions are on this. Have had bladders in mine from the start and am wondering if this might not be the best way to go. My guess is that they make the shock pack up to fast. What do you guys like to do. I started this way because I questioned the directions telling you to fill the cap with oil and then turn them over with all the oil poring out as you try to screw the caps on. Thanks
Old 06-24-2009, 06:35 AM
Tech Elite

If i where in your position i'd try pistons with bigger holes and thicker oil.

can maybe get the same damp rate that way but lose that pack.
Old 06-24-2009, 12:38 PM
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by oldandnew View Post
Do any of you guys use Bladders in your T4 shocks? Wondering what the opinions are on this. Have had bladders in mine from the start and am wondering if this might not be the best way to go. My guess is that they make the shock pack up to fast. What do you guys like to do. I started this way because I questioned the directions telling you to fill the cap with oil and then turn them over with all the oil poring out as you try to screw the caps on. Thanks

Place cap on body and then thread cap one turn ,
then
tilt the body as you tighten down the cap ...
Old 06-24-2009, 03:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Jumping

I cannot for the life me get the truck to clear a long double on my track. Whats more important spring rates or the right anti squat? Or Do I have a problem with how Im approaching the jump. IE power off at approach then blip it as it goes up the ramp. Im lost!
Old 06-24-2009, 03:44 PM
Tech Adept

sounds like you need more motor... pin the throttle all the way up untill the truck leaves the jump. If it doesnt clear the double then you def need more motor. You could try gearing down if you have a short run up out of the corner if thats the case
Old 06-24-2009, 04:28 PM
Tech Adept

Hi ya guys... Quick question on suspension..

My track got a couple Huge jumps but surface is rather smooth. I'm hearing lots of chassis slap off those jumps and it's kinda painful. So my questions are -

1) Will going a smaller hole piston with lighter oil increase the pack?

2) Does going up on the oil weightage and not changing my piston size achieve the same results?

Thanks guys

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.