Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree54Likes

RC10B4/T4 Forum

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2009, 03:42 AM
Tech Initiate

I'v got medium wheel base at the moment would going to short wheel base help?
Old 06-14-2009, 06:18 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mtsb4
I'v got medium wheel base at the moment would going to short wheel base help?
No.That will make it worse.

Ok, things that help on power steering,
More weight on the nose
Standing the front shocks up
Less caster

Shorten rear link
Lengthen the rear wheel base
Smaller wing
Move top of rear shock in

hth
DK
Old 06-14-2009, 08:18 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wild Cherry
Sorry , common knowledge the best driver`s in the world are decided with a "Modified" motor ...
How is that possible when everybody is going exactly the same speed, how would the drivers skills not become even more critical. With mod, you can get a faster motor to make up for your bad driving on the infield. The motor does the work on the straight, while you would suck on the infield.
Old 06-14-2009, 08:26 AM
Tech Elite

Location: Conducting aggressive board meetings at my local track
Trader Rating: 64 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcman1993
How is that possible when everybody is going exactly the same speed, how would the drivers skills not become even more critical. With mod, you can get a faster motor to make up for your bad driving on the infield. The motor does the work on the straight, while you would suck on the infield.
The horsepower of modified motors can only be truly used to their full potential on every part of the track by the most skilled drivers.

One straight away does not a fast lap make.
(Like Yoda I am typing, why?)
Old 06-14-2009, 08:29 AM
Tech Elite

Location: Conducting aggressive board meetings at my local track
Trader Rating: 64 (100%+)

Speaking of the straight away. My T4 would come completely unglued about 1/3 the way down the front straight. It appeared as if the truck would lift up and loose all traction in the rear. Could I be getting air under the chassis? Any info will help.
Old 06-14-2009, 08:31 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by SpraydbySprague
The horsepower of modified motors can only be truly used to their full potential on every part of the track by the most skilled drivers.

One straight away does not a fast lap make.
(Like Yoda I am typing, why?)
I know that but you would get all the cocky drivers in the mod class thinking that they are good enough for it while all the smart drivers would go to the spec motor class that really can race and they would 1. Have fun, and 2. be more competative. You wouldnt want to race with all the cocky drivers, would you, especially while that have a fast car that they cant control in there hands.
Old 06-14-2009, 08:33 AM
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by rcman1993

If a driver has a faster spec motor even the fastest driver in world will never beat him if his motor is slower....

This is why the world`s best is decided with a Mod , no reasonable excuses like "it was my motor".
Old 06-14-2009, 08:42 AM
Tech Master

If a driver has a faster spec motor even the fastest driver in world will never beat it if his motor is slower....

This is why the world`s best is decided with a Mod , no reasonable excuses like "its was my motor".
What about the people that say that the radio was the fastest and made me feel more conected to the race. They didnt really win the race then, the radio did. A good driver could win with any radio.
Old 06-14-2009, 08:51 AM
Tech Legend

Sorry to inform you this ..

Mod drivers are the most experience and the fastest in our sport ...

Radio , motor , battery ,ect.
None of those make a mod driver the fastest as much as their talent and experience....
Old 06-14-2009, 10:13 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Mod drivers are the most experience and the fastest in our sport ...

Radio , motor , battery ,ect.
None of those make a mod driver the fastest as much as their talent and experience....
I agree with you 100%.

Just to add (well to go indepth with it), anyone can go out on the track with less power and drive just as good as anyone else with that same motor (less say that both drivers are not new to racing). Driver A doesn't have a smooth trigger finger, but being that the class has a almost underpowered motor wheel slip doesn't come into play, and he can be just as fast as driver B who can place in the A-main of mod class racing. Now of course the better drivers will always be at the top and win, as in low power classes it is who doesn't make the most mistakes.

Now with mod driver A would just spin out due to the fact that he isn't smoot on the throttle, and wheel spin is ver common when comming out of the turns. As well as the fact that he will crash a lot as the more power you have the harder it is to drive. Driver B has a smooth trigger finger, and almost never hits full throttle if the track is really slick as to control wheel spin.

So with that basic run down the more power you have the more factors go into who is a fast driver, and who is slow. As with less power it is easier for the guy with who isn't as good to do good. Mod is where driving really matters, as it really takes a lot of skill to go fast in that class. Now there are esc's that you can tune to soften the low end, or change some radio settings, but keep in mind the only guy's who make use of those tuneing aids are normaly the guys who are fast to begain with.
Old 06-14-2009, 10:15 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

just think it this way..if u give jared tebo a stock motor and then some average racer a mod motor..who is gonna win?? u cant talk the talk if u cant walk the walk lol
Old 06-14-2009, 10:18 AM
Tech Elite

Thing is with stock you need to know better how to keep your speed,
because if you lose some its harder to get it back then in mod.
Old 06-14-2009, 10:33 AM
Tech Apprentice

Does anyone know the parts and part numbers required so I can put the GT2 quick change rear hubs on the T4?
Old 06-14-2009, 10:59 AM
Tech Legend

dup
Old 06-14-2009, 11:00 AM
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by UK.hardcore
Thing is with stock you need to know better how to keep your speed,
because if you lose some its harder to get it back then in mod.

Thing is..

The guys in mod don`t lose speed in the corners , make a mistake and you lose or at least get passed...

Why ?

Because they are really fast , not their motor`s...

Have a slower spec motor ?

You usually lose to a faster spec motor , not because the other driver was faster ...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.