Like Tree34Likes

RC10B4/T4 Forum

Old 06-03-2009, 11:00 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PartTime View Post
Why are you looking to go softer? Need more steering? There are other ways to get steering then digging threw every car ever built looking for a softer spring.

DK
I want to run more leverage on the front arm (bottom of shocks at out side hole), which makes the car more stable, but I lose some off power steering. I am hoping a softer spring could help gain more off power steering into corners. Any suggestions?
Old 06-03-2009, 01:06 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by billythekid View Post
I want to run more leverage on the front arm (bottom of shocks at out side hole), which makes the car more stable, but I lose some off power steering. I am hoping a softer spring could help gain more off power steering into corners. Any suggestions?
Have you tryed inline axles? They will give you alot more steering on and off power.
Old 06-03-2009, 01:19 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by porkey View Post
Have you tryed inline axles? They will give you alot more steering on and off power.
I have not tried the inline axle. I was told that it doesn't increase overall on and off power steering, it just make the steering more responsive and twitchier. Have you tried it?
Old 06-03-2009, 01:28 PM
Tech Master

I have not tried the inline axle. I was told that it doesn't increase overall on and off power steering, it just make the steering more responsive and twitchier. Have you tried it?
Yes its more twitchier and i seen a increase in steering alot more steering.
Old 06-03-2009, 09:32 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Not sure if this will help but, here goes. A new guys side of a b4 on clay.

Wet clay with taper pin slicks is nuts. Loads of steering and the ass to hold on to it! #1 35wt front/#2 30wt rear. Front shock outside on arm. Dialed

Half dry with barcodes. Push's pretty bad but you can step on it as hard as you want. The tail on this thing can take it.Tried #2 30wt front/#2 25wt rear. Front shock on inside hole. Did help with the steering and was just as stable as #1 piston with outside hole.

Pretty dusty (today) with barcodes. I hated the rear with the 25wt and #2's so I put a #3 back there and it drove the same but landed a ton better. Way more stable. I think Im gonna go to #2 30wt front/rear to get it better balanced. Tried a pair of taper pins AFTER the main and the car really free'd up. Stuck really good too. Guess it was too dusty for the bc? REALLY should have tried the tp BEFORE the main. Oh well. I only got beat by 6 secs

Originally Posted by porkey View Post
You are such the man. Thats one of those, why didnt i think about that kinda things.

Anyway, from what Ive found out in 3 races is its all about tires, tires and tires. Pick a setup close to what you run on and then look at a few diffrent tires and inserts. Playing with the car can only tune so far. The tires have to be 90% there first. HTH

DK

Last edited by PartTime; 06-04-2009 at 04:27 AM.
Old 06-04-2009, 05:03 AM
Tech Elite

Default anti-squat block

Chedda,
Can you bring a 4* toe in anti squat block to pheasant run forme to pick up sat. I,m coming up from chicago to try to steal some points.
Thx.
Old 06-04-2009, 05:12 AM
Tech Elite

Try loweing the front ride height or raising the rear just a little. One or two turns on the shock thread should do it. That will force more weight onto the front wheels.
The other thing is to check your diff. If it's too tight it creates a push and you'll feel like the car wants to straighten out through a turn.

I would check the diff first and then adjust the ride height. Do them separately and test each separately so you know what each change did.
Old 06-04-2009, 05:57 AM
Tech Elite

Location: Where the ego's are so big, people's heads can't fit in the door
Trader Rating: 147 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mjk1210 View Post
Chedda,
Can you bring a 4* toe in anti squat block to pheasant run forme to pick up sat. I,m coming up from chicago to try to steal some points.
Thx.
sure, just come see me or ask around up there. 99% of everyone knows me
Old 06-04-2009, 10:54 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Chedda...Think you will have a spare block for a b4 with you? I might have to try it sat. I only have 3 races on a buggy and I have never raced a buggy on an outdoor track. No clue what to exspect. Im thinking it might be lose on power but not sure.

DK
Old 06-04-2009, 01:24 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by mjk1210 View Post
Try loweing the front ride height or raising the rear just a little. One or two turns on the shock thread should do it. That will force more weight onto the front wheels.
Thanks for the suggestions. I prefer to use softer spring than messing with the ride height as that could make the car jump weird.
Old 06-04-2009, 02:16 PM
Tech Elite

Location: Where the ego's are so big, people's heads can't fit in the door
Trader Rating: 147 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PartTime View Post
Chedda...Think you will have a spare block for a b4 with you? I might have to try it sat. I only have 3 races on a buggy and I have never raced a buggy on an outdoor track. No clue what to exspect. Im thinking it might be lose on power but not sure.

DK
sure will bud, come see me
Old 06-04-2009, 03:09 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Thanks for the suggestions. I prefer to use softer spring than messing with the ride height as that could make the car jump weird.
Actually changing ride hieght can change the way the weight transfers in smaller increments than changing a whole spring rate. Same with shock angle. I usually run the rear bones level and the front a little higher.

BTW, its amazing what a full round on the shock actually does.
Old 06-04-2009, 04:27 PM
Tech Regular

Does anyone know when the new B5 will be released?
Old 06-04-2009, 04:35 PM
Tech Master

I would think in the next 2-3 years or so.
Old 06-04-2009, 04:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

when associated runs out of money

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.