Search
Like Tree54Likes

RC10B4/T4 Forum

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2005, 10:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nmt6789
DO I have to notch the chassis for the S9451 connector? My servo wont seem to fit properly....
No, if you look back to one of my recent past posts you will see a pic of my B4 that uses a S9451. It is tight but fits.
Old 10-07-2005, 11:11 PM
Tech Elite

Is that a race truck or a show truck?

If you are racing...who cares what it looks like as long as it works?

If it's a show truck maybe use some plastic tubing or use large diameter shrink wrap. Slit the shrink wrap with an exacto wrap the wires, use some super glue to glue the shrinkwrap back together then heat it to shrink.
Old 10-08-2005, 08:50 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chicagokenji
Is that a race truck or a show truck?

If you are racing...who cares what it looks like as long as it works?

If it's a show truck maybe use some plastic tubing or use large diameter shrink wrap. Slit the shrink wrap with an exacto wrap the wires, use some super glue to glue the shrinkwrap back together then heat it to shrink.
Its a race truck.I know it doesn't matter what it looks like, I just prefer my stuff to be done properly and organized.
Steve
Old 10-08-2005, 10:22 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Stevietd14
Pretty happy with myself today.Nothing better to do so I fixed up,rewired,cleaned and pretty much redid everything on my T4.It looks pretty organized so I am very pleased.Only problem was my "jumper wire wasn't the neatest and I had to use masking tape to cover it up.I usually use baclk electrical tape which makes it seem super neat.Just thought Id share.
Steve
Hey that is a sweet looking transponder mount. What is that made of? Does it stay in place pretty good?
Old 10-08-2005, 02:21 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by TC4 Rider
Hey that is a sweet looking transponder mount. What is that made of? Does it stay in place pretty good?
Not sure what material its made of but there is a screw,some spacers,material like lexon ,and a cushiony thing.It stays in perfect.No more drilling holes in your body.Got it free from a super nice guy at my track.
Steve
Old 10-08-2005, 03:27 PM
Suspended

id agree there with you "stevietd14", you should keep your car organised and clean after every use, if you dont then it wont sell for much when you dont want it anymore, plus it looks better when its all neat and organised .

Its a race truck.I know it doesn't matter what it looks like, I just prefer my stuff to be done properly and organized.
Steve
Old 10-08-2005, 04:18 PM
Tech Master

How many turns should the slipper be on the B4? The manual says 4 turns... Is there another way to figure out if it is tight enough?
Old 10-08-2005, 04:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Thats a good place to start with. You will want to ensure that the slipper slips before the diff does. And easy way to check is to place your car against a wall and jab the throttle. If you hear a barking sound then your diff slipped first. Loosen the slipper until only the slipper slips. Once your sure the slipper is slipping first you can then loosen it or tighten it as needed. Some very low traction tracks may require u to loosen off the slipper. While high grip tracks will want a tighter slipper. For the most part its there to protect the tranny and not as traction control. But it is a tuning aid if grip is low.
Old 10-08-2005, 11:43 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Stevietd14
Pretty happy with myself today.Nothing better to do so I fixed up,rewired,cleaned and pretty much redid everything on my T4.It looks pretty organized so I am very pleased.Only problem was my "jumper wire wasn't the neatest and I had to use masking tape to cover it up.I usually use baclk electrical tape which makes it seem super neat.Just thought Id share.
Steve
Just curious as to what purpose that aluminium plate serves next to the reciever.

Edit: Don't worry, I didn't read the next page.

Thanks
Sean
Old 10-09-2005, 07:01 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Team Duratrax
Just curious as to what purpose that aluminium plate serves next to the reciever.

Edit: Don't worry, I didn't read the next page.

Thanks
Sean
You mean the weights?They are weights and they are next to the reciever, esc and below the rear tower.I used to have too much fron end everything and always nosedived over jumps.These weights help that out quite a bit.
Steve
Old 10-09-2005, 12:47 PM
gkb
Tech Adept

We are going to be running an indoor carpet offroad track this winter that is about 30' x 60'. It will be a stadium truck class with 19T motors and 6 cell stick packs. We will be running with rubber tires. I was wondering what kind of setup you would run on this type of track as well as the gearing for this type of motor. Thanks!
Old 10-09-2005, 02:08 PM
Tech Adept

Im trying to run a sphere in my B4, and the regular 81 tooth spur is to small to touch the pinion. So Ive gotten a 87 tooth, but I dont know the internal ratio, Can someone tell me? Is there anyone out there running a sphere, and If so whats you pinion spur combo? What should the final ratio be?
Old 10-09-2005, 08:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

You should be able to fit a 16 tooth pinion on there with the 81t spur. At least I could with my Novak 5.5R. Anyways the tranny's internal ratio is 2.6:1.
Old 10-09-2005, 08:26 PM
Tech Adept

I have to go to a 21 pinion just for contact! I dont want to dremel the motor plate.
Old 10-09-2005, 08:40 PM
Tech Master

I cant really remember, what is the correct way to break in a diff? For 12th scale I would run 2 volts through my motor holding one wheel for 1 minute and holding the other wheel for a minute after the first. I this the same principal for my B4?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.