Like Tree34Likes

RC10B4/T4 Forum

Old 04-30-2009, 04:12 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Dynotech still makes yellow rear wheels for B2/B3s. I ordered some the other day and they showed up almost overnight!

http://dynotech-racing.com/partDetail.php?RefNum=9023
Old 04-30-2009, 07:17 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by GWH74 View Post
Hi

Will the Intellect 5000 30C Lipo fit the B4?

If not what others are people using?

Thanks
Yes It fits a bit tight because the height of the battery. I tapered the end of my battery hold down strap to make it fit better.
Old 05-01-2009, 07:10 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by little_sister View Post
Dynotech still makes yellow rear wheels for B2/B3s. I ordered some the other day and they showed up almost overnight!

http://dynotech-racing.com/partDetail.php?RefNum=9023

Thanks lil sis! I ordered 2 sets.
Old 05-03-2009, 06:35 AM
Tech Adept

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by GWH74 View Post
Hi
Will the Intellect 5000 30C Lipo fit the B4?
If not what others are people using?
Thanks
Tried these in my B4 and found I couldn't get them to fit in my FT B4 without surgery to either the battery case dimples or the rear shock tower.

Not sure of the longetivity of doing this (or safety in the case of dremeling the battery case) so I sent them back and got a couple of iP3800 35C LiPos that fit perfectly (from Feral Batteries).

Mick
Old 05-03-2009, 06:51 AM
Tech Adept

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by CClay1282 View Post
Where did they get a 69 spur?
A few people here in Australia use a Kimbrough 69T Spur:

...with a Losi/AE front wheel bearing in the middle.

In the outer holes they use 12 x Traxxas Slipper pegs (you may need to make the holes slightly bigger):

...instead of the hex pads that come with the kit.

I have this set up in my brand-new FT B4 (albeit mine is yet unraced nor even been on the ground yet ) with a 40T pinion and a Trinity Pulse 17.5T. Just in case I have spare pinions from 37T to 42T in the event I have missed the sweet spot .

Mick

Last edited by Ratmick; 05-05-2009 at 05:23 AM.
Old 05-03-2009, 07:35 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Probably for the umpthousandth time, but for those who've run rc cars longer than I have and race 2wd mod, is the current brushless takeover due only to maintenance? Every now and then I see a 2wd mod car running and it really seems to be a lot more driveable. Brushless is obviously powerful but does it give the same 'feel' as a high spec, well set-up brushed mod motor in 2wd? Call me a luddite but I'm considering on tracking down some brushed gear to try and see for myself.
Old 05-03-2009, 09:22 AM
Tech Regular

I just got a brand new B4 and i was wondering if there were any building tips i should know. Im going to be running mod with lipo. i have seen some people balance them front to back and left to right should i do that that and if so where?
Also what is a good set up for hard packed dirt that turns into blue groove?
Thanks Jason Hunt
Old 05-04-2009, 02:46 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by [email protected]_c View Post
Probably for the umpthousandth time, but for those who've run rc cars longer than I have and race 2wd mod, is the current brushless takeover due only to maintenance? Every now and then I see a 2wd mod car running and it really seems to be a lot more driveable. Brushless is obviously powerful but does it give the same 'feel' as a high spec, well set-up brushed mod motor in 2wd? Call me a luddite but I'm considering on tracking down some brushed gear to try and see for myself.
Maintenance is a big factor along with much more consistent performance. 2 HUGE reasons as far as I'm concerned. From what I can tell (I'm still using up my brushed stuff, no brushless for me.......yet $$$) the ESC's are so programmable that they can be setup to mimic a brushed motor or perform slightly better. Drag brake, initial drive, throttle curve, frequency etc. are all programmable on the high end ESC's either through a laptop, the ESC itself or a proprietary hand-held sort of thing. Just I can't wait until I don't need to carry around a lathe, brush serrator, who knows HOW many sets of brushes, springs, shims etc! Happy days!!!!!
Old 05-04-2009, 05:52 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

RE: brushed motors - I got a 9x1 orion out today in my B4 and I have to say it felt much the same as my brushless 7.5 does now that I've been able to set it up to behave how I like it with the esc and radio. The brushed might just be a touch smoother though.. I think I'll give it a couple more runs but I daresay I'll end up agreeing with you.
Old 05-04-2009, 06:12 AM
Tech Addict

RE: brushed motors - I got a 9x1 orion out today in my B4 and I have to say it felt much the same as my brushless 7.5 does now that I've been able to set it up to behave how I like it with the esc and radio. The brushed might just be a touch smoother though.. I think I'll give it a couple more runs but I daresay I'll end up agreeing with you.
I double dare ya'!!!!
Old 05-04-2009, 07:29 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by adam lancia View Post
Just I can't wait until I don't need to carry around a lathe, brush serrator, who knows HOW many sets of brushes, springs, shims etc! Happy days!!!!!
+1
Adam's brushed motor pit box is NOT light!
Old 05-04-2009, 09:07 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by MustGoFaster View Post
+1
Adam's brushed motor pit box is NOT light!
It's gotten heavier Steve, a buddy of mine from Illinois sent me a whole whack of brushed motor stuff 'cause he's not racing anymore. How are things looking for the long weekend race? I'm going to be back in town this Friday until the end of the month.
Old 05-04-2009, 09:52 AM
Tech Legend

The brush motor does not develop near the torque and after one run you will also have less top speed . The performance keeps changing and just gets worst till you grind & new brush`s...

Personally feel brush motors never were as smooth or as fast as the new designs from brushless...

Try a smoother brushless , like a 8.5 or even a 10.5 and then compare those to your 9T brush...
Old 05-04-2009, 02:04 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by adam lancia View Post
How are things looking for the long weekend race? I'm going to be back in town this Friday until the end of the month.
Email sent....
Old 05-04-2009, 08:23 PM
Tech Adept

Default B4 / B3

Are the B4 driveshaft/cvd compatible for a B3 in length etc.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.