Like Tree34Likes

RC10B4/T4 Forum

Old 03-09-2009, 09:40 PM
Tech Rookie

Nice tip lbckevin. Appreciate the advice!
Old 03-10-2009, 07:34 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by assman View Post
for those of you that race your T4. . .

What are your opinions about upgrading the a arms to aluminum?
The carbon arms are nice and so are the composite arms (RTR). I like the feel of the composite front arms and carbon rears. I also use a composite chassis since it stiffens out the suspension a little.
Old 03-10-2009, 08:01 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by assman View Post
for those of you that race your T4. . .

What are your opinions about upgrading the a arms to aluminum?
don't need any alum...the only pieces I ran alumium was the motor guard for protection and the front bulk head mainly for weight placement. When you start using alum arm, towers etc. you'll start breaking other parts...and alum is heavy.

Also I prefer the softer GT2 front arms for more flex. and the reg plastic/stock parts...the carbon composites pieces don't flex as much... more flex is better for low traction tracks....
Old 03-10-2009, 08:07 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Fishn or Racin View Post
Will the B4 body fit the old RC10B2? I put the old shelf queen back into service and now I need a body.
Anybody?...... Somebody?.......... I need a body

Last edited by Fishn or Racin; 03-10-2009 at 09:23 AM.
Old 03-10-2009, 01:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I really doubt that a B4 body would fit a B2 chassis without seriously hacking it up. The shape of the chassis are very different, and the B2 is a lot taller than the B4.
Old 03-10-2009, 03:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default Body

A B4 body will definately not fit a B2. A B3 body should, or at least go very close. There are usually some on eBay.
Terry
Old 03-10-2009, 05:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PartTime View Post
Thanks guys. I was wondering if my truck was light or not. Looks like Im legal !!

For anybody running truck on carpet......give the Losi slider tires a try. You might like them. They feel kinda like a buggy on foam. It is a touch diffrent setup but not too bad to nail down. Sunday was my first time with them and after the 2nd round they were broke in and hooking up on the plywood, with no traction compound !! There soo good I was only 2tenths off the buggy fast lap of 12.0 secs !!

DK
This guy is fast, today he was running 6.5 on his truck with the losi tires and was hitting down crazy laps. These tires are the best for indoor carpet as far as i am concerned.

+1
Old 03-10-2009, 06:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 115 (100%+)

I am going to possibly start a new thread on this topic, but if anyone can help let me know!

I am thinking of trying to put Kyosho Shocks on a T4? Is this even possible? I mean I guess you would have to use buggy rear bodies in the front and back?

Anyway I tried to search the forum and had no luck.

Thank you for your help,

Paul
Old 03-10-2009, 08:24 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Fishn or Racin View Post
Anybody?...... Somebody?.......... I need a body

ASC6142 -- "Buggy body, Clear B3" $14.00 retail price.

It shows that it is in stock with Horizon's IL wherehouse.

This will fit the B2. The B2/B3 series were basicly the same cars, aside from some suspension geometry changes... Arms hubs and rear arm mounts. It wasn't until the 'worlds upgrade' came out that they revised the rear shock tower which came with a different body if I remember correct. However any B2/B3 body would fit with a little bit of dremel work.
Old 03-10-2009, 08:31 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by hemi4me View Post
I am going to possibly start a new thread on this topic, but if anyone can help let me know!

I am thinking of trying to put Kyosho Shocks on a T4? Is this even possible? I mean I guess you would have to use buggy rear bodies in the front and back?

Anyway I tried to search the forum and had no luck.

Thank you for your help,

Paul
What is your reasoning for switching the shocks?

Usually switching shocks from brand to brand you can never get the strokes correct, meaning either the full length can't be matched, or the up travel or down travel can't be matched. This is due to different shock body lengths, or shaft lengths, or rod end lengths....
Old 03-10-2009, 09:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 115 (100%+)

Originally Posted by teambighead View Post
What is your reasoning for switching the shocks?

Usually switching shocks from brand to brand you can never get the strokes correct, meaning either the full length can't be matched, or the up travel or down travel can't be matched. This is due to different shock body lengths, or shaft lengths, or rod end lengths....
You ever feel the Kyosho shocks? Once you do I think you would want to switch!

Here is a clip from another member...

"I have a B4, and an RB5 roller that I secured for a good deal. When my B4 shock body blew out, and was sount out to be replaced, I used the Kyosho shocks on the Associated buggy. It worked so well, I started winning races with it. I like the shocks so much, that I'm converting to Kyosho cars, and won't have to worry about converting anything."
Old 03-10-2009, 09:53 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

I think part of it is that they have the benifit of being bleed from the bottum and a flat cap. I have heard some people using the TC shock caps, simular to Kyosho's.

Has anyone tired using a shock cap blader with a hole drilled to releave the airpressure when the shock packs.
Old 03-11-2009, 12:26 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Using a TRAXXAS BRUSHLESS MOTOR ON MY NEW T4

Please help...

After been using my rustler with brushless motor on OCRC for 2 months I decide to upgrade to a Factory Team T4... Note: I transferred the Brushless motor and esc from my rustler, (to save some money)
Setups:

Rustler:
Motor: Velineon 3500 Brushless
ESC: TRAXXAS VXL
Battery: 7 Cell 5000mA NiMH
Pinion / Spur: 28/83

T4:
Same motor and esc
Battery: Lipo Orion 3800mA 2S 30C
Pinion / Spur: 19/87

So, today I finally finished putting the t4 kit together and transfer the motor/esc from the rustler... First problem I got was the 25t pinion that the guy at the hobby shop suggested to use on the t4 it did not fit... so I got a 19t instead and fit very well.. After the first ride ( aprox 10-15 min) I noticed the the motor was extremely hot and also even thou I upgrade to lipo battery I have to say that the rustler was way faster than the t4.

I guess what I would like to know if the correct or best pinion / spur combination,what are you guys using ? and lastly, does any one here is using the traxxas brushless motor on a t4 ?

Thanks...
Old 03-11-2009, 01:12 AM
Tech Master

Rustler Internal Gear Ratio- 2.72

T4 Internal Gear Ratio- 2.6

By calculation, you should be geared at 28/87. But as you have noticed, that clearly will not fit.

To get to the 26/87 ratio that you are looking for, you will have to change to a smaller spur gear.

81 tooth gear is a good start point. With a 81 you will want to run a 26 tooth pinion.

If the 81/26 does not fit, your next option would be to go to a 78/25.

Now take the fact that you were geared 19/87, and keep in mind that if you are over geared your motor will get hot, but also, if you are under geared your motor will also get hot. You were around 9 teeth under geared.... Thats like driving down the freeway at 60mph in first gear for 10-15 minutes... She's gonna get a bit warm.
Old 03-11-2009, 01:19 AM
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by hemi4me View Post
You ever feel the Kyosho shocks? Once you do I think you would want to switch!

Here is a clip from another member...

"I have a B4, and an RB5 roller that I secured for a good deal. When my B4 shock body blew out, and was sount out to be replaced, I used the Kyosho shocks on the Associated buggy. It worked so well, I started winning races with it. I like the shocks so much, that I'm converting to Kyosho cars, and won't have to worry about converting anything."

I felt them before , nice but the Ae shock is smoother...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.