Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree54Likes

RC10B4/T4 Forum

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2009, 11:18 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by d4man
Possibly...I don't do that mod..I make my own bleeder screws/caps...
what do you do to your caps ? got any pic's?
Old 02-10-2009, 08:11 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

I thought some of you might like to see this. Using a Novak Sentry data logger in a FT T4 stock truck class with a Novak 13.5 motor, hole shot tires blue groove (I took 1st place, point series race), I constructed a G-G Diagram which shows a graphical representation of the g-forces acting on the truck during the race. It is a tool used by race car engineers, and we have the capability to do it with our RC race cars too.

A quick analysis shows a clumping of data points on acceleration during a RH turn. Since we are running clockwise at the track, this makes sense since we are turning 360 degrees more RH than LH. It also shows a massive clumping of data points in the center which means that during much of the race, there weren't high g-forces acting on the chassis at all which means I wasn't driving at the limit. A better G-G diagram would show much fewer data points in the center (the data would be more scattered) and would mean I would be driving at the limit more.

Old 02-10-2009, 09:59 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

anyone tried the new b4 set-up for the crcrc race it was dialed at my track i haven't got the .5 deg hub carriers though. i wonder if assoc will put some out
Old 02-10-2009, 11:46 PM
Tech Legend

I`v ran them with , a whole lot of traction compared to the standard 3 degree hub ....
Old 02-11-2009, 06:13 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Ran a B4 for the first time this weekend and ran some practice at are local track last night and have to say the car feels excellent for never running one. I have a fairly standard setup on it with lipo and about 1oz of weight on it with the SMC 4100 lipo and it was easy to drive with J Concepts Gold Bar Codes all the way around. I think a new fresh car would be even better but hell can't complain about how I had the borrowed ride working.

I think I'm going to get a new B4 this week and have it ready to race this Sunday at are track. Didn't try the lightweight setup but I have the setup printed up but not sure if I will try it. Guess time will tell but as long as I get the results I'm looking for out a standard setup that I will tweak a little then I will be happy.
Old 02-11-2009, 09:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

wyd

nevermind the standard setup if your running lipo. You can try it as a starting reference, but the lightlweight setup is a great starting point. I run the smc 4000's and needed a little weight to get to the minimum. The big thing is not to over power the light car. A 7.5 is ALOT of motor when the car is light.

If I remember right you run at Bumps n Jumps, if the track is still high bite you wont need the .5* rear hubs. Did you ditch the academy cars?
Old 02-11-2009, 04:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

When rebuilding the T4 diff can you re-use the same balls/rings? Or do they need to be replaced every time? I am wondering if I can just clean everything up and apply some new clear silicon diff lube and black grease to the existing hardware. I have a spare transmission that I keep ready to go in my toolbox.
Old 02-11-2009, 05:39 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I reuse my diff parts all the time but I don't race every week either. My diffs give no trouble and are built per manual specs. The only thing I do differently is add a small drop of blue loctite to the diff screw before I tighten it to the other outdrive assembly. I back it off 1/8 turn just like the manual says and leave it. I never have problems with my diffs and when inspection/service time rolls around I merely flip the diff rings over if its grooved more than I like. Give everything a good cleaning and if it looks good, relube and reassemble.
AE diffs are very good quality and when built correctly they should not need to be serviced very often.
Old 02-11-2009, 05:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rearviewmirror
When rebuilding the T4 diff can you re-use the same balls/rings? Or do they need to be replaced every time? I am wondering if I can just clean everything up and apply some new clear silicon diff lube and black grease to the existing hardware. I have a spare transmission that I keep ready to go in my toolbox.
I clean everything up and resand & regrease the rings and it's buttery smooth
Old 02-11-2009, 05:42 PM
Tech Legend

Just replace the rings & balls and it will perform like new....
Old 02-11-2009, 06:41 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Resanding the rings is a good way to get a little more out of them, as long as you don't have really deep groves in them.

Originally Posted by Wild Cherry
Just replace the rings & balls and it will perform like new....
I wonder why that is
Old 02-11-2009, 07:17 PM
Tech Legend

New rings are better than used , don` be skimpy .

There relatively inexpensive compared to the cost of new carbide balls....
Old 02-11-2009, 07:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

why not turn them over atleast you get a couple rebuilds out of them
Old 02-11-2009, 07:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

what pinion gear is recomended for a 13.5 and 10.5 novak ribbed can motor using stock spur on T4? also does the motor plate need modified or will it bolt up no prob? buddy of mine seemed to be having an issue w/ the motor not lining up w/ the slots
Old 02-11-2009, 07:36 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by aeRayls
wyd

nevermind the standard setup if your running lipo. You can try it as a starting reference, but the lightlweight setup is a great starting point. I run the smc 4000's and needed a little weight to get to the minimum. The big thing is not to over power the light car. A 7.5 is ALOT of motor when the car is light.

If I remember right you run at Bumps n Jumps, if the track is still high bite you wont need the .5* rear hubs. Did you ditch the academy cars?
I didn't ditch the GV2 as much as I'm trying something different just to see how it feels compared to my current cars. I will keep the GV2's I have plus the new B4 I pic up Friday.

The track is the same but we use BK Bars and Bar Codes for the most part and no more slicks. They left the track dry out and treaded tires are what we run.

I did have a buddy of mine that has been running the B4 for almost 3 years now and runs lipos as well. He did try the lightweight setup but said it didn't have good low speed steering unless you used alot of brakes. He ran a few runs like that and then went back to his weighted lipo setup and was a few tenths faster and more consistant. I guess I will just have to try it and see.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.