Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree54Likes

RC10B4/T4 Forum

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2009, 09:33 AM
Tech Legend

Default Steering Rack

Believe its is just to keep the correct bump steer...
Old 01-04-2009, 10:08 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Guys,

Got a "different" set up

I have a 13.5 and because I am horrible at Assoc shocks I run losi's...

Anyway my 13.5 mad horrible clicking sounds at full speed punch of the throtle...I had to Sloooooowly get on the throttle and hope for the best....anyway some of the local racers told me my rotor must have gone bad?? So I didn't have a sentored one or a replacement but I stil had my 21.5SS so I installed it with a 30/78 gear ratio...I figured I would be horribly slow, in fact it performed like a mild stock motor. I raced against 10.5's mostly and the truck was easy to drive etc (slow=fast)

Figured I'd offer this if you find yourself in my shoes.

Now with that said what is a good all around starting point for the 13.5?

I plan on getting the SS and sending mine (non SS) to Novak for repairs.

As for shocks I ran Red springs fron + 35 wt oil pink in back + 30 wt

T4 FT kit tires. Front arms and rear arms level.

For what its worth...
Old 01-05-2009, 05:14 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default Hinge Pins

Anyone know the diameter of the hinge pins on T4? Is it a common size among 1/10 scale off road?

Thx
Old 01-05-2009, 05:58 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 127 (100%+)
Default GT2 Parts

What the best way to tell the difference between GT2 parts (Shock Towers, Arms, C-Hubs) over standard FT Team parts. Is the color or texture different?

THX.....
Old 01-05-2009, 06:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RED-LINE M03
What the best way to tell the difference between GT2 parts (Shock Towers, Arms, C-Hubs) over standard FT Team parts. Is the color or texture different?

THX.....
The A-arms look different all together -- there is no Ackerman spacer required before or after the C-Hub with GT2 arms, the C-Hub will have 3 holes for the ballstud/turnbuckle adjustment, as opposed to 2 for he T4/B4, the shock tower will be very flexible if its a GT2 front, and the steering arms will be very thick and look totally different then the T4/B4 versions.
Old 01-05-2009, 07:01 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Just how much more fragile is the factory team carbon bits when compared to the team kit plastic? I've been racing a team truck w/ most of the FT upgrades. I just ordered an FT truck and will use my team truck as a rolling chassis/parts spare. I'm thinking I might run the team truck front arms on the FT truck for more durability.
Old 01-05-2009, 08:35 AM
Tech Adept

Just a quick question, my B4RS has still got all the stock electronics in it, Reedy Radon 17x2T and some LRP esc in it. It's got the stock 23T pinion and i was going to put a 21T in it, all the electronics are running cool after about a 10 minute run at the moment just running on the street outside. Would putting a 21T on it still be ok without changing anything else?
Old 01-05-2009, 10:03 AM
Tech Master

It will be ok, but what are you tring to do? Reducing the pinion size will make the car slower (but accelerate faster).
Old 01-05-2009, 12:45 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by rearviewmirror
Just how much more fragile is the factory team carbon bits when compared to the team kit plastic? I've been racing a team truck w/ most of the FT upgrades. I just ordered an FT truck and will use my team truck as a rolling chassis/parts spare. I'm thinking I might run the team truck front arms on the FT truck for more durability.
Not sure how to quantify but they are more brittle and break a little easier. I found the plastic front arms still break on me and been running GT2 front arms (arms only not the whole front end like some run) for 2 seasons now w/o breaking them. Note you'll need so shorten the hinge pins or get some from a tc4 pins for the hubs to fit.
Old 01-05-2009, 12:53 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by speedsterblade
Not sure how to quantify but they are more brittle and break a little easier. I found the plastic front arms still break on me and been running GT2 front arms (arms only not the whole front end like some run) for 2 seasons now w/o breaking them. Note you'll need so shorten the hinge pins or get some from a tc4 pins for the hubs to fit.
Thanks for the info.. We have a bunch of GT2's in our class at the local track, I'll take a look at their front arms. I broke a Team arm off this past weekend, but that was because the nut on the shock came off and I was able to keep racing until the arm finally let go. No fault of the material, but was being thoroughly abused. I've not heard about running GT2 arms, but it makes sense. I'm not concerned about weight, in fact a little more weight on the front end would be a good thing.
Old 01-05-2009, 12:56 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by JR007
It will be ok, but what are you tring to do? Reducing the pinion size will make the car slower (but accelerate faster).
I've got some new tyres which are wider so i was wondering if i could put a 21T pinion on there, but it's all fixed now
Old 01-05-2009, 01:11 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by rearviewmirror
Thanks for the info.. We have a bunch of GT2's in our class at the local track, I'll take a look at their front arms. I broke a Team arm off this past weekend, but that was because the nut on the shock came off and I was able to keep racing until the arm finally let go. No fault of the material, but was being thoroughly abused. I've not heard about running GT2 arms, but it makes sense. I'm not concerned about weight, in fact a little more weight on the front end would be a good thing.
NP. Better plastic...flex more than the t4 parts....weight change is minimal if any. straight bolt on just need shorter pins and the tc4 ones fit perfect. I didn't see a need for the entire gt2 front end personally, all the other stock parts holding up just fine.
Old 01-05-2009, 01:15 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by speedsterblade
NP. Better plastic...flex more than the t4 parts....weight change is minimal if any. straight bolt on just need shorter pins and the tc4 ones fit perfect. I didn't see a need for the entire gt2 front end personally, all the other stock parts holding up just fine.
So.. all I would need is GT2 arms and TC4 pins? Everything else will bolt up?

http://www.losipartshouse.com/servle...ns-cln-/Detail
Old 01-05-2009, 01:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Anybody heard anything on the 72T and 75T new spur gears possible shipping dates?
Old 01-05-2009, 01:25 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 107 (99%+)

Originally Posted by AxiomJacob
Anybody heard anything on the 72T and 75T new spur gears possible shipping dates?

They are shipping this week.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.