Like Tree34Likes

RC10B4/T4 Forum

Old 08-31-2005, 01:34 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by colinradford
Don't use the stainless steel screws for mounting the shocks, they will bend. Should be fine everywhere else, I like the bling too!
One other hop up I forgot to mention that I already had sitting in my box is the Lunsford Quick Tune Titanium Shock Mounts. More durable and easier to change!
Old 08-31-2005, 06:32 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Let me see if I have this correct, go with Stainless Screws and with lightweight slipper plates. If weight is the real concern do not go with the stainless over the aluminum screws the factory team comes with.

Yes the bleeding caps do come in handy, have them on both T4 and B4
Old 08-31-2005, 01:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nwilcox88
Let me see if I have this correct, go with Stainless Screws and with lightweight slipper plates. If weight is the real concern do not go with the stainless over the aluminum screws the factory team comes with.

Yes the bleeding caps do come in handy, have them on both T4 and B4
The ft t4 does not include aluminum screws, and I can't really imagine using them anywhere on the kit. I've used the lunsford titanium screws, and found them to be pretty trick. But, you may want to pre-tap some of the parts with a regular screw.
Old 08-31-2005, 03:17 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by 071crazy
The ft t4 does not include aluminum screws, and I can't really imagine using them anywhere on the kit. I've used the lunsford titanium screws, and found them to be pretty trick. But, you may want to pre-tap some of the parts with a regular screw.
Did the Lunsford titanium screws strip easy? I bought an off brand titanium set for my B4 and they were junk.

The stainless steel screws shouldn't add any weight over the factory screws should they? They are both steel.
Old 08-31-2005, 07:57 PM
Tech Master

HeY!!!

no they are the same weight, but yeah i would pre tap the holes so they will go in easier so they wont strip out....

LaTa JoSh
Old 08-31-2005, 09:24 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

i just purchased a factory team b4 and was wondering if anybody has put a high powered brushless into their setup (ex. hacker/neo). specifically i am referring to the novak gtb 5.5 since i have one coming soon (for my xxx-s) but would like to try it in my b4 also. when i check out the AE setup sheets they typically run 12-14 turn motors and the velociti is gonna be equivalent to a 9 turn. any recommendations on changes to my setup to handle the torque? stronger outdrives? heavier oil/springs?

thanks for any help.

Last edited by tr1kstanc3; 08-31-2005 at 10:17 PM.
Old 08-31-2005, 10:39 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

it should be fine. We used to run 8t drag motors in our B4's, all we did was change to a stiffer spring
Old 08-31-2005, 11:16 PM
Tech Elite

I learn by sharing information and as such here is my FT B4 and a run down of my tweaks. Starting from the back to the front:

- Gear Cover: I replaced the Stock Clear Gear cover with an RPM Gear Cover that seems to hold out dirt better.
- Wing Mounts: Blue Aluminum just looks pretty.
- Wing clips: Took an extra long body clip and snipped it down to fit.
- Screws: I tried to save money and buy a Lunsford knock off and ended up stripping 3 heads, if you want titanium go with Lunsford more expensive but worth it.
- Receiver: On the Spektrum Receiver you can reposition the wire to come out the side which is what I did here.
- ESC Wire: On either side of the battery box I placed small white wire holders that can be picked up at Radio Shack. These make sure the ESC wire stays flat and in place as it runs under the batteries.
- Battery Strap Thumb Screws: The best $7 I spent on this car, these are a must for any B4/T4!
- On/Off Wire: I glued a heat shrink tube to the right inside wall of the chasis spliced it open and run my ESC On/Off wire through it to keep things safe & tidy.
- Front body post: Removed and placed velcro up front on either side of the chasis and inside the buggy body.
- Front Bumper: After I cracked the stock bumper I replaced with a little larger RPM front bumper that seems to hold up better.
Attached Thumbnails RC10B4/T4 Forum-b4.jpg  
Old 09-01-2005, 06:42 AM
Tech Regular

The blue wing mounts may look pretty but if you tend to crash, you might want to stay away from them. You will end up breaking shock towers and tranny cases, they have no flex. The force has to go somewhere.

tr1kstanc3, you might want to take a look at the GT Heavy Duty outdrives. The ones that come with the kit are the lightweight ones. They wear with a mild mod motor, and im sure they will wear faster with a decent brushless. The Heavy Duty GT ones last forever, and they also give a little more weight on the rear end.
Old 09-01-2005, 06:49 AM
Tech Elite

Looks like a pretty nice ride. I agree with Nick on the wing mount, it might create some breakage issues later. At some point, you might want to consider going back to the stock front bumper. If you nosedive on a jump, it looks like that rpm bumper could flip the car much easier.
Old 09-01-2005, 06:55 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by jamescam
Did the Lunsford titanium screws strip easy? I bought an off brand titanium set for my B4 and they were junk.

The stainless steel screws shouldn't add any weight over the factory screws should they? They are both steel.
Actually, some of the lunsford screws did strip. In particular, some of the ones that connect the rear brace to the chassis (the one that also connects to the shock tower and camber links. Turns out that they decided to use button-nead screws for this area. I think they would've been fine if they were a regular hex head. I still thought they were very nice, just need to pretap things very well. Would I buy them again? probably not. They do save a bunch of weight and add bling, but I'd rather spend that cash elsewhere.
Old 09-01-2005, 06:57 AM
Tech Elite

Good point on the wing mount, I haven't raced it since these were added. I don't think I will be going back to the stock bumper though, I went through 2 and have had nothing but good luck with this one. I would have to be pretty vertical to flip with it as it curves up further than the stock. I did recently pick up a T4 so I won't be racing this newly as much so for now I will leave the wing mounts on. Has anyone tried the Lunsford Quick Tune Shock Mounts? I'm curious as to how well they hold up under stress. They are titanium so i have to think they can take a good beating.

If I were going to race this full time I would change out the shock caps with the Yokomo bleeder caps and light weight slipper plate.

Last edited by jamescam; 09-01-2005 at 07:12 AM.
Old 09-01-2005, 07:29 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Nick111-

you have a link to those heavy duty outdrives? thanks. this is my first time owning a 2wd buggy since the days of the jrx-pro so sorry for being so noob.
Old 09-01-2005, 12:40 PM
Tech Regular

I don't have a link, however I do have part #'s

RC10GT/T2 Left Diff Outdrive - #7668 - $7.50
RC10GT/T2 Right Diff Outdrive - #7667 - $7.50
Old 09-01-2005, 12:51 PM
Tech Elite

Lets see some other rides and tips

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.