Like Tree34Likes

RC10B4/T4 Forum

Old 08-20-2008, 04:23 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

I'm using the inner hole on the tower.

And generally having a longer camber link will soften the rear suspension, taking away entry steering, but giving you steering on exit, or on-power.
Old 08-20-2008, 06:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Thanks for the reply.
Old 08-22-2008, 04:20 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Additionol toe-in on rear hubs on the T4/B4

Are there any experiences from your side with some extra outside toe-in blocks on the T4/B4 added to the origin 3 degrees?
I started to try 0,5 degree Rayspeed hubs to make the car more stable on low(medium) grip tight dusty clay (no blue groove). I personally felt it more easy to run straight during accelerating.
I found at Yokomo's page the introduction of new T4/B4 1 degree hubs with the bigger outside bearing like on the B44 so there seems to be people asking for I guess (maybe the pros).

What is your opinion to use extra toe-in on the rear hubs if you tried?
Old 08-22-2008, 05:41 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Need some handeling help

Hey guys. I read this thread a lot, but dont post in it much, hope you can offer quick assistance.

when my T4 is on power and I hammer it down the straight, it doesnt handle well. it just wont steer properly. actually, it sort of has a mind of its own. slow sppeds and turning is fine, but high speed, not so good. when I apply brakes, the rear lets loose immidiately and the truck spins out.

Can you guys offer some suggestions on how I can get this thing to handle a bit better? I think its going to be toe-in/toe-out settings, springs and the like. thanks, just need to be aimed in the right direction.
Pete

novak GTB+6.5 is the motor and M8 is the radio.
Old 08-22-2008, 09:14 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Its probaly that there is alot of torq on the car which is pulling the front end up just enough. To help this would be to let off the throttle while steering or to add drag brake. That will help the transition from high to low speed turning. All you have to do to turn is to let off the throttle all the way and it will ease its way done in a controlled manner. And it will help stop from fish tailing.
Old 08-22-2008, 09:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Also i forgot about something, if you want to fiddle with your suspension and stuff then go to http://www.redlineracingrctrack.com/ and click on setup information on the side. it tells you what happens when you change something. Hope this all helps.
Old 08-23-2008, 01:10 AM
Tech Initiate

I also tried to open the thr. less but have been overtaken by others so the car needed some adjustments to go more hard on the power/brake:

I improved the handling on the straight by soften the oil in front from 35W to 30T + silver springs giving the front more contact to the surface. On full throttle with bumps on the straight its hard to keep the front down. With this it doesn't lift as good on bigger jumps. Give it a try. I switched the shocks green springs + 25W oil to the outer A-arm holes with pretty less downtravel causing less weight transfer to the front (keeping more on the rear) for braking. This makes the car more running flat and preventing to roll so much. Less roll on the rear makes it less 'twitchy'.
From my point more preciese to control the direction.

Let the slipper work for 3-4 feet as suggested in this thread and ensure to use only the tyres the fast people do.
Reduce the initial brake on the ESC and lower the brake percentage on the Radio (maybe 80% brake) to have a wider range touching the brake.

My battery position: 2 foam on the front and 1 in the rear.

As stated in my post I also tried positiv extra toe-in on the rear.
Old 08-23-2008, 01:21 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Random question???

Sorry, Random question? Anyone know or think that Associated will come out with a new version of the T4 anytime soon?.. I don't want to invest now only to find out in a month something new is on the way. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
Old 08-23-2008, 04:46 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by velineonracer View Post
Sorry, Random question? Anyone know or think that Associated will come out with a new version of the T4 anytime soon?.. I don't want to invest now only to find out in a month something new is on the way. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
Short answer: no.
Old 08-23-2008, 05:09 AM
Tech Fanatic

ok guys thanks for tha divice. Ill play with the brake adjust and the springs and oil etc to see how that affects things. rcman, thanks for the link looks like good info.

Pete
Old 08-23-2008, 05:55 AM
Tech Initiate

On the T4 the short wheelbase gives the car more traction but it increases the affinity to lift up the front (while giving most traction to the back) - Give the longer wheelbase setting also a try even those 2 thin shims on such a big car do not look like they make something happen. They do.
Old 08-23-2008, 10:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Well due to rain...local races were cancelled. So in went the new Novak 6.5 brushless system.. Gave it a quick spin around the driveway.... The track looked pretty wide when I went out to watch a month or so ago. But from what I saw tonight in the driveway....the track just got a little more narrow. Should be fun though!
Old 08-23-2008, 11:50 PM
Tech Legend

Default Kool

I like the Pro Line body, will have soon as possible...
Tires..
Thought they were the new Pro Line , sorry...
Attached Thumbnails RC10B4/T4 Forum-cavalieri_2wd.jpg  

Last edited by Wild Cherry; 08-24-2008 at 12:17 AM.
Old 08-24-2008, 12:08 AM
Tech Initiate

The rear tyre on the pic (Cavalieri's B4) is a Losi BK-BAR #7371-Red

http://www.losi.com/Products/Feature...odId=LOSA7371R
Old 08-24-2008, 06:17 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by elektrobuggy View Post
The rear tyre on the pic (Cavalieri's B4) is a Losi BK-BAR #7371-Red

http://www.losi.com/Products/Feature...odId=LOSA7371R
Proline is developing a tire that is supposed to be very similar to the BK Bar specifically for dry grooved tracks. I read that they were testing them at HRH last weekend.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.