Like Tree34Likes

RC10B4/T4 Forum

Old 07-02-2008, 06:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tcmerf View Post
The 3800 should be better when it hits the shelves though, it a 30c
In the 3800 thread, they're saying the 3800 is a relabeled 3600. Weird, huh?
Old 07-02-2008, 06:47 PM
TMG
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I am very pleased with my trinity lipros 4500...
Old 07-02-2008, 09:49 PM
Tech Legend

I went for the REEDY~S 5000 (purchase 2)

Got to grind the rear tower a bit so they will fit with the thin weight underneath ....

Last edited by Wild Cherry; 07-02-2008 at 11:27 PM.
Old 07-02-2008, 11:30 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hey guys!! I've got a racing setup question. At my track I am running stock truck. Obviously I have the T4, but it is the FT.

The problem I am having is that I am real loose in the corners and even sometimes down the straightaway. I am running a stockstar with an Orion carbon cased batt, holeshpts on the rear, which is what is being run by all of the fast guys there with "Edge" fronts. I am also running the stock suspension setup.

Please guide me in the way of traction!

Thanks
Old 07-03-2008, 05:41 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

What springs and tire compounds are you running? You would be surprised how much rear traction you can gain by switching to harder compounds and springs up front.

You may want to try the blue springs and Losi Ribs in Pink or Silver.
Old 07-03-2008, 07:44 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ckaspar View Post
Hey guys!! I've got a racing setup question. At my track I am running stock truck. Obviously I have the T4, but it is the FT.

The problem I am having is that I am real loose in the corners and even sometimes down the straightaway. I am running a stockstar with an Orion carbon cased batt, holeshpts on the rear, which is what is being run by all of the fast guys there with "Edge" fronts. I am also running the stock suspension setup.

Thanks

Did you loosen your slipper and mabe diff adjustment, I would not change suspension setup until you re-adjust your slipper and diff. Question does the truck jump good? And are you rolling the corners or breaking hard and getting on the throttle?
Old 07-03-2008, 10:21 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

I've run black rear springs tons of times on my T4, especially on dusty tracks. Might not see them on pro setups, but they can help a club racer greatly in my opinion.
Old 07-03-2008, 10:44 AM
Tech Fanatic

Thanks
I have the exact same setup. The problem i think is the truck is to light with the Lipo. Keep in mind the Carbon Lipo is like 5 to 6 ounces lighter than the Nimh most setups are using. I went to blacks in the back and blue up front thinking that would help. The other option obviously would be to add back that 5 or 6 ounces. The only problem is then i converted it to a J82 so i never got to try it
Old 07-03-2008, 10:57 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by beyondthepack View Post
Hey guys I'm just getting into offroad racing. I have a B4 and running a brushless (Tekin) and 10.5 motor. In your opion what is the best LiPo for this application? So far I like the orion 3600
I have orion 4800 platinums and with the 10.5 i borrow 1 of my friends 3600's since i used one. That's a awesome battery !!!!!

With a low turn mod motor you don't need the punch as much but with the 10.5 you feel the difference.

Get the 3600 1 or 2 if you wanna have a spare when you practice, I use one 3600 for 1 night of racing with 6 min quali's and 8 min main. I just top it off. works like butta.

I was waiting to get the 3800 but i hear it's the same so i am getting the 3600's when i get the cash.
Old 07-03-2008, 11:08 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Thanks fellas, I'm on my way to support my LHS and pick them up (Orion 3600's)
Old 07-03-2008, 12:12 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gijoe64 View Post
Did you loosen your slipper and mabe diff adjustment, I would not change suspension setup until you re-adjust your slipper and diff. Question does the truck jump good? And are you rolling the corners or breaking hard and getting on the throttle?
Duh! Now why didn't I think of that?

Since I was running Lipo I added some weight to the chassis, 1 oz under the shock tower, .5 oz on each side of the back of the chassis (in the little slanted kinda chassis support thingies), and another .5 oz on the front(again in the little slanted kinda chassis support thingies). That is was what the fast guys at my truck are running and thought I would give it a shot. Since I was having so much trouble with traction I thought maybe adding a brick onto the back, LOL.

The truck jumps awesome and I am rolling through the corners so I guess I am just giving too much power to the back wheels and spinning them out. I even had the idea of turning the throttle down on my controller. It helped but then I ran like a stock motor in dire need of a comm cut. Makes sense. Next time I get to the track I will loosen the slipper up a turn or two and see how that goes.

Thanks for the input.
Old 07-03-2008, 12:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Thanks
you will need to add some weight to your truck. You don't necessarily need the full 5-6ozs but a couple will make a big difference. using 6 of the7 gram stick on lead weights, attach them to the front of the rear arms carrier (9571) in the very back of the battery tray. That will place the weight just in front of the rear axle. If you go to the associated website and look at the factory guys setups for low grip tracks, they all run at least an oz and a 1/2 back there. After your sure on your diff and slipper setups, Then I'd look at shocks or camber links. My .02 for slick tracks.
Old 07-03-2008, 01:10 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Kings Kid View Post
you will need to add some weight to your truck. You don't necessarily need the full 5-6ozs but a couple will make a big difference. using 6 of the7 gram stick on lead weights, attach them to the front of the rear arms carrier (9571) in the very back of the battery tray. That will place the weight just in front of the rear axle. If you go to the associated website and look at the factory guys setups for low grip tracks, they all run at least an oz and a 1/2 back there. After your sure on your diff and slipper setups, Then I'd look at shocks or camber links. My .02 for slick tracks.
Yep, yep. I've basically doubled up on the standard AE lead you see on those setups...and a little extra to balance it out from left to right (opposite my esc)..and another ~1/2oz on the end of the battery strap (back/tranny side of the strap). Still alot lighter than Nimh and I got some of the 'planted-ness' back... I'm running the 200 gram orion 3200s...think I've added back 80-100grams so I'm still 150 grams lighter than my ol nimh setup!
Old 07-03-2008, 06:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Does any one know if the trinity LIPO 4500 (the one with the discharge cutoff) will fit in the chassis
Old 07-03-2008, 06:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

yes it will.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.