Like Tree34Likes

RC10B4/T4 Forum

Old 04-07-2008, 06:30 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Quinn Konitzer View Post
Thanks. I was wondering because all of my previous vehicles had spacers. One more question. Do you know why my wheel won't keep spinning as long as the other one? I replaced the bearings and backed off the screw, but it still won't spin very easily.
The only things that i can think of would be either a bent axle, a bearing that came packed with a lot of grease, or when you put in the bearing make sure that it is seated in all of the way, you can do this by putting the bearing in the rim, then put it on the car, then the button head screw about half of the way in, pull the tire out against the screw and you will probably hear a lil pop and then screw it all of the way down. My guess is that some of the bearings just come packed with more grease than others. Post when you figure out what it is
Old 04-07-2008, 07:55 PM
Tech Fanatic

Location: Abrams, WI (Yes the same town as CJ & John Greaves)

Originally Posted by Hockey 85 View Post
The only things that i can think of would be either a bent axle, a bearing that came packed with a lot of grease, or when you put in the bearing make sure that it is seated in all of the way, you can do this by putting the bearing in the rim, then put it on the car, then the button head screw about half of the way in, pull the tire out against the screw and you will probably hear a lil pop and then screw it all of the way down. My guess is that some of the bearings just come packed with more grease than others. Post when you figure out what it is
I have tried several sets of different bearings and that didn't help. I'm guessing I have a bent axle. Thanks.
Old 04-07-2008, 07:56 PM
Tech Adept

Oops. Wrong account.
Old 04-07-2008, 09:43 PM
Tech Rookie

any suggestions on setting up my t4 for a dirt oval mostly flat not very big?
Old 04-08-2008, 01:19 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

When I ran my T4 on oval I used B4 buggy front and rear shocks and shock towers to lower it as much as possible. I'm not quit sure what front springs I used, but I ran red rear springs. For tires I had on Pro-Line striker II's. Hope this helps.
Old 04-08-2008, 01:31 PM
Tech Addict

you may also want to try a sway bar for that oval setup... and maybe 1.5 degree racer edge hubs...should help it square up on the power out of the turns.
Old 04-08-2008, 02:50 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Troy_Konitzer View Post
I have tried several sets of different bearings and that didn't help. I'm guessing I have a bent axle. Thanks.
hey troy, is there the blue factory team front axles on it, if so put the standard steel front axles the blue ones break easy and I guess could also bend easy.
Old 04-08-2008, 04:29 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by sght4 View Post
hey troy, is there the blue factory team front axles on it, if so put the standard steel front axles the blue ones break easy and I guess could also bend easy.
Thanks Shelly.
Old 04-08-2008, 04:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Is anyone else using the TC5 shock caps? I got them on my B44 from a guy I bought of Tech and they are soooooooooo much easier to build with.
Old 04-08-2008, 05:28 PM
Tech Adept

What are the benefits of using the TC5 shock caps?
Old 04-08-2008, 05:43 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by sportsracer-5 View Post
What are the benefits of using the TC5 shock caps?
Well this is the only time Ive used them. They have a bladder on the top, so no more filling the top up with oil. Basically all I had to do was fill up the shock to ALMOST the very top, push the shaft in, screw the top on. If anything I had to bleed very little of the oil out.

I saved sooooooooo much more time on them its not even funny and they are just as smooth. Im glad the guy had them on it actually.
Old 04-08-2008, 06:42 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

Whats the latest and best set up for a ruff track?
Old 04-08-2008, 10:32 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by K_King View Post
Well this is the only time Ive used them. They have a bladder on the top, so no more filling the top up with oil. Basically all I had to do was fill up the shock to ALMOST the very top, push the shaft in, screw the top on. If anything I had to bleed very little of the oil out.

I saved sooooooooo much more time on them its not even funny and they are just as smooth. Im glad the guy had them on it actually.
Ah right, I see. Yes, shocks with bladders are definitely the way to go, super easy to build. Was it just the top part you bought? Happen to know if AE sells them alone w/o the rest of the shock? I suppose I should just look... anyway, thanks for the tip.
Old 04-08-2008, 10:35 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by sportsracer-5 View Post
Ah right, I see. Yes, shocks with bladders are definitely the way to go, super easy to build. Was it just the top part you bought? Happen to know if AE sells them alone w/o the rest of the shock? I suppose I should just look... anyway, thanks for the tip.

It came with my B44, he said theres a kit or something that he changed them with, that cost around 20 bucks.
Old 04-08-2008, 10:42 PM
Tech Rookie

speedsterblade do you know where to get those hubs? any suggestions on what motor esc, battery setup to run? been thinking about getting the momba max 5700 system and i don't know what battery

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.