Old 01-17-2008, 09:25 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 85 (100%+)

Originally Posted by OTE_TheMissile View Post
yeah, that's a CV joint. WAY better than standard dogbones

...followed by universal joints

...followed by Traxxas sliders

...and then dogbones.
Dogbones are used in some conditions as a tuning option(there are no UNI's available for the AE cars). Losi setups use CVD's or UNI's depending on conditions too. CVD's have a cerain amount of bind inherrent in them that makes the suspension level out more under power because of the larger diameter barrel used in the joint. UNI's are more free under power and tend to work better on rough tracks with lower traction. One is not really a better or worse than another.
Old 01-17-2008, 11:21 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Dude, these aren't touring cars. It's not worth tweaking an "inherent bind" in the drivetrain on a truck that's likely to come off the track with the tires caked in dirt and the chassis covered in marbles.

What can make a difference is the notching effect a universal gets at the more extreme angles, and these being offroad trucks the u-joints cut a wide range of movement. That's why I keep seeing those stupid Losi plastic u-joints exploding, at the limits of the suspension the joint gets pounded on by repeated stress and the plastic fatigues. CVs don't do that, which is why they come standard on the higher end kits. RTRs have dogbones just because they're dirt cheap to produce
Old 01-17-2008, 11:42 AM
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by OTE_TheMissile View Post

Dude, these aren't touring cars. It's not worth tweaking an "inherent bind" in the drivetrain on a truck that's likely to come off the track with the tires caked in dirt and the chassis covered in marbles.

What can make a difference is the notching effect a universal gets at the more extreme angles, and these being offroad trucks the u-joints cut a wide range of movement. That's why I keep seeing those stupid Losi plastic u-joints exploding, at the limits of the suspension the joint gets pounded on by repeated stress and the plastic fatigues. CVs don't do that, which is why they come standard on the higher end kits. RTRs have dogbones just because they're dirt cheap to produce
OTE

dogbone = more side traction , less forward bite, smoother over bumps..

Cvd = less side traction(more corner speed), more forward bite....

Many top driver`s use both depending on track condition`s...
Old 01-17-2008, 11:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

I'll take those replies as a "no we havn't tried them" haha...if there was a way to retro fit losi Universals onto my B4, I would run those exclusively...I love the Losi drive lines!
Old 01-17-2008, 12:04 PM
Suspended

When I raced stock like forever ago I ran a P2K2 and Monster.
I suppose the CO2 will eventually take the place of the monster
since they both come from trinity.
Unless Trinty decides to make another monster, which is possible.
Old 01-17-2008, 12:04 PM
Suspended

Delete this moderator, I had a double post.
Old 01-17-2008, 12:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mafiaracers View Post
I'll take those replies as a "no we havn't tried them" haha...if there was a way to retro fit losi Universals onto my B4, I would run those exclusively...I love the Losi drive lines!
Im guessing you are looking for more rear traction. If you went all plastic arms and all...keep the rear arms plastic and go back to the graphite front arms and you will get some of the traction back. Or you could add another hole further in on the rear shock tower and go that route. I tried the universals but I think I spent more time picking them up off the track then they benefited....
Old 01-17-2008, 01:06 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

TRI33011 is the part number for Trinity blue aluminum shock collars......
Old 01-17-2008, 01:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

actually, i'm not looking for any extra traction, I'm just curious if people have tried them and or what they think about them is all.
Old 01-17-2008, 03:16 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by trailranger View Post
Do you run tow-out?

Should I run 1 to 1 1/2 degree toe out to get the entry and as the weight transerfer to the other side I reduce steering?

I was having problems with a sweeper
I would have to break before entry while everyone else just coasted of use less throttle.
Originally Posted by Mr.Mellow View Post
NO toe out!! If you are having trouble turning, check your: tires, ride height and camber.

What kind of surface are racing on?
Right height is even for the front, no gauge so its eyeball.

Camber is 1 degree all around

tires are the Losi White Tapers (taper on outside, ribbed inside)

Off-road is very new to me and I didn't get a change to experiment before the races last weekend. My off-road expeierence totals 4 heats and the main so i have alot to learn.
Old 01-17-2008, 11:21 PM
Tech Fanatic

I saw someone mentioned using the JConcepts GT2 body. Obviously the front is the same, how about the back any problems fitting it? I like the fact its .040 and since i am running lipo weight is not going to be a problem.
Old 01-18-2008, 08:12 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 85 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mafiaracers View Post
actually, i'm not looking for any extra traction, I'm just curious if people have tried them and or what they think about them is all.
I have used dogbones on a B4. It is a rare change to make. They are a similar adjustment to going from CVD's to UNI's on a Losi and has a similar change in feel to removing 1-2* of antisquat.
Old 01-18-2008, 01:42 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Anyone know what lipo would be a direct fit in the t4. Would love to save some weight. Running dirt oval with it and don't know what the legal weight is but the truck is over 60oz. now with 6 cell and brushless motor.
Old 01-18-2008, 02:03 PM
Tech Master

all of the orion/peak lipos fit great , ray

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.