Like Tree34Likes

RC10B4/T4 Forum

Old 01-01-2008, 02:40 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Weight:
Put 1oz in front of the tranny. Four pieces of AE weights.

Cav:
Maybe the pic is to throw other rival factory drivers off. I know that mounting weight higher would produce more roll so I'm not sure if he would actually do that. Seems he has a lot of weight up front too which would make the car push too much too.
Old 01-02-2008, 06:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (93%+)

Originally Posted by Crashtest1 View Post
Maybe the pic is to throw other rival factory drivers off. I know that mounting weight higher would produce more roll so I'm not sure if he would actually do that. Seems he has a lot of weight up front too which would make the car push too much too.

weight up front would make the car have more steering, not make it push. which may have been needed because of the raised cg from mounting on top of the battery brace, also i noticed even when adding the 5oz back when i went lipo, that it still felt like my truck pushed alittle, so i almost added some weight up front, but instead i lowered the front of the truck by 1mm and it was back to dialed lol
Old 01-02-2008, 08:42 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by air8 View Post
Yeah, the cars around here that I've seen with lipos usually do exactly what Maifield has. They put the weights on top of the battery brace. Then they wrap the whole thing with tape of some kind. The couple I've seen use electrical tape.
Everyone that I know would claim that "this raises the COG and it couldn't possibly work for me"
Old 01-02-2008, 08:27 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I need some advice. At the moment i have a B4 but i am going to buy the factory team version. I am going to be running a Novak GTB and a Novak SS13.5 Pro Stock Brushless motor. I will be using an acoms radio with an acoms receiver and a standard acoms servo. I have two 3000mah nimh batteries. Which batteries do you recomend i get? Do i go lipo or do i stay with nimh for now? Should i first upgrade my servo or my batteries. Any advice is appreciated.
Old 01-02-2008, 08:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Lipos will give you more power for a longer duration of time and they are a excellent upgrade. Try max amps.com, they have a good product and some of the best prices that I have seen.

If your buggy is turning fine now, do the servo later.

As for the Factory Team buggy? I would save your money. Tower Hobbies has a Team buggy for $185, but if yours is isnt trashed why buy the exact same buggy over again? just a thought.

The esc and motor are a good choice.
Old 01-02-2008, 08:32 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

I see Maifield put weight up the front of his car, I think this would be to add steering?. I found when I put the LiPo in my car and added weight, it was pushing more than I wanted.

Would it be a good idea to try putting the weight in the front corners?
Old 01-02-2008, 08:35 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by OG RC 10T View Post
Lipos will give you more power for a longer duration of time and they are a excellent upgrade. Try max amps.com, they have a good product and some of the best prices that I have seen.

As for the Factory Team buggy? I would save your money. Tower Hobbies has a Team buggy for $185, but if yours is isnt trashed why buy the exact same buggy over again? just a thought.

Well the FT is a present for me, and my dad would get the B4 because he's interested in racing. Which is the other buggy?
Old 01-02-2008, 08:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by stevier View Post
Well the FT is a present for me, and my dad would get the B4 because he's interested in racing. Which is the other buggy?
The other option is the Team kit, its the basic B4 without all the Factory Team goodies.
Old 01-02-2008, 08:39 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by JeromeB View Post
The other option is the Team kit, its the basic B4 without all the Factory Team goodies.
Isnt the team kit the same as the rtr just without the electrics?
Old 01-02-2008, 08:47 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I added 3 of the associated weights into a groove cut into each of three extra foam battery spacers. That way with the Orion 4800 lipo pack, I can very easily add or remove weights in front or back of the battery (replace it with a normal spacer) as a tuning aid, just like moving the NiMh's forward or backwards. It has worked pretty well for me. (I still use some other more "permanent" weight in other locations).
Old 01-02-2008, 08:58 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by stevier View Post
Isnt the team kit the same as the rtr just without the electrics?
Hell no! Even the team kit is better than the RTR. Team kit has cvd axles and better shocks.
Old 01-03-2008, 12:18 AM
Tech Addict

lol kk, thanks
Old 01-03-2008, 12:45 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by OG RC 10T View Post

What lipo do you recomend for the b4 with the GTB and the SS13.5 Pro Stock Brushless system?
Old 01-03-2008, 01:11 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

All the team kit needs to be super competitive and reliable is titanium turnbuckles, titanium ball studs and nitride shock shafts, i would honestly go the factory team kit, it has the plastic chassis now and by the time you buy Ti turnbuckles and shock shafts etc. you are only a dollar or 2 short of the factory team kit which has even more goodies.

Lipo is awesome man, dont buy Nimh unless you are planning on running at state/national level and you need them for legality reasons, Lipo has a lot more power, run time and the ease of being able to charge them as many times a day as you want and also leave them charged up for weeks before hand without the need to even re peak them is the selling point right there, plus they never need cycling. Need i say more?

For the setup you will be running i would go for Orion/Peak carbon edition 3200 or the new 3600 packs, they are a good price point at around $80 a pack, they are Kokam cells which require little to no balancing at all, they are i direct fitment into the chassis and have protective casings, perfect for first time Lipo owners. I run them in my B4 and they have insane power with the GTB/7.5R motor combo i am using, wheel stands are almost a common thing everywhere on the track if you are trigger happy, thats on the verge of to much power in anyones eyes if you ask me. When i ran the same combo on 4200 matched NIMH cells it had no where near this amount of power. Lipo all the way. You will need to add weight for the Lipo but for stock you might get away without adding much, this thread explains where and how much to add f you do add some.
Old 01-03-2008, 08:04 AM
Tech Adept

TKB4 assembeled, painting body and waiting for motor, (adding weight)1.5 oz for now and etc..... I have just now read all of this tread Thank you for all the info guys. I have only raced nitro so we will see what the future holds. Yes Yes Yes, I have seen the (flash)light.

Last edited by rcdog008; 01-03-2008 at 08:54 AM.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.