Like Tree44Likes

RC10B4/T4 Forum

Old 10-26-2007, 07:55 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MannEdge
Air8, does freefallmarine have a T4 or B4? I forget to ask him when I talk to him.
I don't think he has electric. But I'm asking him now.
Old 10-26-2007, 08:01 AM
Tech Champion

Freefallmarine says he is gas only...but stay tuned. LOL.

Redbull--I had the same thing a few months back. Around the time I switched to BL I started noticing my truck was louder each time out. But I have redone the diff a few times since then. I'm wondering if the bearings need attention or something. I also just learned I have been over-tightening the diff from the start. So next time I redo the diff i'm starting a little less tight. I have a feel for it now after watching a few other people do their's.
Old 10-26-2007, 08:32 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

jobo_ph,

Very nice B4. Here is a pic of mine.

Old 10-26-2007, 08:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 87 (100%+)

Does anyone run 13.5 in there truck and buggy? Ive been running the 7.5 in both, just wondering whats a good starting place for the 13.5?
Old 10-26-2007, 08:55 AM
Tech Champion

In my T4 with the 13.5ss pro i'm using 24 or 25 pinion and 87 spur. I have tried several different setup. I was even using a 81 spur for a few weeks. But I consider my self new, only been racing one year.
Old 10-26-2007, 09:01 AM
Tech Champion

Midnight,

Everyone telling me gear why up on em. Like start out with a 26 pinion and go up from there.
Old 10-26-2007, 09:11 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by air8
Freefallmarine says he is gas only...but stay tuned. LOL.

Redbull--I had the same thing a few months back. Around the time I switched to BL I started noticing my truck was louder each time out. But I have redone the diff a few times since then. I'm wondering if the bearings need attention or something. I also just learned I have been over-tightening the diff from the start. So next time I redo the diff i'm starting a little less tight. I have a feel for it now after watching a few other people do their's.
As soon as it started I redid the diff, flipped the rings and cleaned, oiled, and inspected the bearings, there all smooth and fine condition. but the car is still louder than it was.?
Old 10-26-2007, 09:19 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by jobo_ph
I have posted how I put the GTB on my B4 several pages back...

http://www.rctech.net/forum/showpost...postcount=2251

The heatsink fins are not parallel to the fan blowing direction so that the weight of the wires are more centered and it's easier for me to see the GTB programming LEDs.

The cap is not positioned like in the picture but is cable-tied it to the motor wires.

I put some lead weights on the other side to counter the weight of the GTB.
I had mine mounted like jobo but found my body was slowly rubbing the wires to the reciever. I replaced a chassis and now it's mounted similar to what buggyking posted but opposite..my power/motor wires are toward the front. I found you get a little more body clearance w/ the heatsink fins mounted with the lenght of the car. Just route the motor & sensor wires through the shock tower. Be sure to use the plastic wrapper for the sensor wire...one guy at my track didn't..and one wire got ripped out. I'm not running a fan, I just cut a little air duct in the body to get some air on it. I've never had it even get close to 160 degrees...maybe it's hit 135. I used some counter weights also to even it out some also.
Old 10-26-2007, 09:27 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by BuggyKing
jobo_ph,

Very nice B4. Here is a pic of mine.

Another little suggestion... if possilbe I would move..turn the motor in a little more so if you get rear ended really hard your are less likely to get the red motor wire knocked off. Mine is about a 1/4 turn counter clockwise compared to buggyking's pic.... a rear end wreck is less likely to hit the wires/solder posts. It's happened to me but just ripped some shielding off the red wire and slight bent the solding tabs..but I quickly turned in it afterwards..would suck for it to happen in a main or something.
Old 10-26-2007, 09:28 AM
Tech Champion

oh ok I will do that thx.
Old 10-26-2007, 09:30 AM
Tech Addict

for loud pinion/spurs try a little drop of light oil on them...not much needed.
Old 10-26-2007, 09:34 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (93%+)

Originally Posted by speedsterblade
turn the motor in a little more so if you get rear ended really hard your are less likely to get the red motor wire knocked off.
agreed i did the same thing, just check your wires after you do it, you might have to re-route the wires (when i rotated my motor the wires where pretty close to the outdrives)

another thing about the 13.5. you should never gear for a temp...gear for performance.

i like 81/24 in the b4 (85-deg), and 87/22 in the t4 (95-deg). indoor season starts soon, may go up 2 teeth on both....but 26 on the truck, im pretty sure thats too high.
Old 10-26-2007, 09:37 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by BuggyKing
oh ok I will do that thx.
NP, you should have no problems using the other mounting holes in the motor..makes soldering a little tight but you can always have the motor loose/off while doing that.

I also use velcro strips instead of zipties...ties are pita. one around the motor/sensor wires tied to the wing mount and another near the gtb, just to keep it neat and in place.

..also I like to twist/braid any batter/motor wires were possible to help cut down on the interferance/noise.
Old 10-26-2007, 09:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (93%+)

Originally Posted by speedsterblade
for loud pinion/spurs try a little drop of light oil on them...not much needed.
i have heard of people doing that, but usually when a spur becomes loud its because its warped alittle to where the gear mesh in alot tighter in one spot.

a drop of ae stealth lube in the tranny on the idler gear (it works around) is the only place i put lube on gears.
Old 10-26-2007, 10:02 AM
Tech Addict

Yep. I 've had a few spurs get 'out or round', ..my stock spur w/ my b4rs was out of round from the factory! Always a good ideal to check the gear mess all the way around the spur.... and agree if they are really loud there is probaly another problem...slipper/tranny or diff... Don't use the oil often but seems to have a touch less drag when I do. I also take my tranny apart and check the gears & bearings... clean and reoil bearings. I notice lube and dirt will build up on the tranny gears adding resistance.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.