Like Tree53Likes

RC10B4/T4 Forum

Old 09-22-2007, 08:36 AM

Trader Rating: 25 (96%+)

How many limiters do you guys use in the rear shocks? The manual says 2 and the FT kit setup sheet says 1
Old 09-22-2007, 09:47 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by trashedmaxx
We will get a group together and come out. They haven't really answered if there going to allow lipo.
Sunday sept. 30th we plan on running the money race in vienna. So I'm thinking there won't be to many electric's at oakhill.

I went a few times last year.

So Kevin's daddy fat stacks? So that makes you junior fat stacks?
I would like to go to another track sometime this year, glennwood sounds fun!.

P.S. I got my servo today, even though I ordered the refurbished I looked at the invoice and they wrote "sent new" and circled it so that means I got my brand new ps2173 at nearly half price. SWEET!!!

& Kevin is "DADDY CASH STACKS"
Old 09-22-2007, 10:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (93%+)

Originally Posted by RedBull_81
are you going to make it to oakhill the 29th? im coming down with a friend, hes got all his t4 stuff ordered, ill be brining my t4 and buggy down
Old 09-22-2007, 01:10 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Jake S
are you going to make it to oakhill the 29th? im coming down with a friend, hes got all his t4 stuff ordered, ill be brining my t4 and buggy down
No, thats the day we leave for flordia
Old 09-22-2007, 03:15 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dasupacat1
How many limiters do you guys use in the rear shocks? The manual says 2 and the FT kit setup sheet says 1
I use .030 in the rear on the buggy and .060 in the truck.

P.S. I got my servo today, even though I ordered the refurbished I looked at the invoice and they wrote "sent new" and circled it so that means I got my brand new ps2173 at nearly half price. SWEET!!!

& Kevin is "DADDY CASH STACKS"
Thanks for correcting me "JUNIOR CASH STACKS"

The ko servo's have never let me down. You won't regret your purchase. Sweet deal on getting the new one. They did something similar for me on a servo. They didn't have the one I ordered so they upgraded it to a nicer one.

Originally Posted by Jake S
More than likely not. I busted my hand up so now it is casted. Makes driving a little hard. I'm going to vienna because I said I would before I got casted.
Old 09-22-2007, 03:20 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by trashedmaxx
More than likely not. I busted my hand up so now it is casted. Makes driving a little hard. I'm going to vienna because I said I would before I got casted.
who all is going to vienna?
Old 09-22-2007, 07:10 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Dasupacat1

I run 3 in the front, 0 in the rear. No limiters helps if your cars too bouncy..but if your braking and spinning out add some...try tuning the radio/braking atv/epa...what ever it is..first. running 0 in the you'll prolly have the other problem mentioned of cvds/axles diggin in the arm a little...I just kinda dug my out. Too much camber +0 limiters will cause the axles to lean in and rub also.
Old 09-22-2007, 07:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

All right I have always had Losi off road vehicles till know. Losi shocks are very easy for me to build.

I have tried building my FT T4 shocks according to the manual and either get way too much oil or not enough oil. What are some of the secrets and or tips to get these things correct?

Thanks,
Old 09-22-2007, 09:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CRASH
All right I have always had Losi off road vehicles till know. Losi shocks are very easy for me to build.

I have tried building my FT T4 shocks according to the manual and either get way too much oil or not enough oil. What are some of the secrets and or tips to get these things correct?

Thanks,
Try a set of Yokomo shock caps....makes bleeding the shocks much easier.
Old 09-22-2007, 09:37 PM
Tech Elite

I second that! Yokomo shock caps are awesome! Part number YS8Y.
Old 09-24-2007, 05:27 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by WheelNut
I second that! Yokomo shock caps are awesome! Part number YS8Y.
wow, those little things are expensive. http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...ProdID=YOKYS8Y
Old 09-24-2007, 06:03 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

That's why you do what I did and make bleedable shock caps yourself
Old 09-24-2007, 06:35 AM
Tech Addict

wow, those little things are expensive. http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...ProdID=YOKYS8Y
The Yokomo caps are 2 for 6$, and the AE caps are 1 for about 2.50$. Nearly the same price.
Old 09-24-2007, 07:19 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default slippery setup?

guys, I'm searching for a B4 setup for a super slippery track. Just something to work off. I've started with the worlds setup, and also tried the (almost similar roar nats setup).

the track is very hard packed clay, but soft and plyable to the touch. it's kinda like wax, and it dust's up a fair bit too.

it's very loose with or without the dust... small track, tight hairpin turns everywhere, huge jumps, it's hard to tune for.

pics of track:
http://www.rcracephotos.com/thumbnails.php?album=38

I'm getting corner entry understeer (pushing) and corner exit fishtailing/spinning out, or oversteer... you really have to just roll through each corner to get through, then put the power on, but when you power on, you do so really really carefully, coz too much stick causes huge spinouts.

the track is super smooth, little or no bumps at all, and the track is very flat, no cambered corners, if anything they are off camber.

running holeshot M3's. and have tried three different front tyres (proline 4rib, panther bobcat, panther lynx) the 4-rib seems the best from what i can tell.

Thanks
Old 09-24-2007, 07:20 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Johnny_S.
The Yokomo caps are 2 for 6$, and the AE caps are 1 for about 2.50$. Nearly the same price.
or with a dremel and some screws

http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...rodID=ATH99001

(enough for 6 full cars - considering 4 shocks per car...none of that tmaxx stuff)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.