Like Tree34Likes

RC10B4/T4 Forum

Old 08-22-2007, 05:21 PM
  #2551  
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 1,480
Default

Originally Posted by StOnEfAn527 View Post
I think the black ones are the lightweight. The brown/gray sorta gunmetalish color are the stock steel ones.
the new stock ones are the same color as the lightweight ones.
Chris Jarosz is offline  
Old 08-23-2007, 04:06 AM
  #2552  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (1)
 
Phroz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 159
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

What pinion would you use on the mamba max 6900kv with the 87t spur in a T4?

PS. here is a quick flick of my T4 being built if anyones interested
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMJJ-zamGuk
Phroz is offline  
Old 08-23-2007, 07:02 AM
  #2553  
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Lillooet,BC
Posts: 127
Default

hey,15 to 17 is a good start but it really depends on what you do with it. type of track, type of surface and temp of that surface. my buddy runs a 16 on a good traction sandy track and never sees full power by the end of a 120 foot straightaway.I tune to temp(and track temp) with my 5700. I too use a 16 but i'm waiting on a 15 for the days(every day)when the track goes over 100+*. Dan
danimal1965 is offline  
Old 08-23-2007, 08:08 AM
  #2554  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (7)
 
air8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Hutch, KS
Posts: 5,748
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Who makes bearing kits for the T4? I want to go through and freshen mine before our big race in a few months. All the stock bearings seem fine now but I don't do much cleaning of them. I have too many cars to keep running. LOL. Getting ready to tear the truck down and list all the bearings for my reference. Thanx.
air8 is offline  
Old 08-23-2007, 08:24 AM
  #2555  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (2)
 
OTE_TheMissile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 2,688
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

I checked Boca, when I searched for a T4 Factory Team kit I got a message saying that they didn't have one but they are looking for information to put one together, even says they're offering a reward. So if you could make a list of measurements for all the bearings in your truck and where they belong and send it to them, they might send some $$$ your way or even give you the first kit for free for all I know.

Ordinarily for stuff like this I look at industrial supply companies like McMaster-Carr, but when I bought bearings for my BoLink Legends car, Boca's price was half of what McMaster-Carr wanted for the same parts.
OTE_TheMissile is offline  
Old 08-23-2007, 08:24 AM
  #2556  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (5)
 
d4man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 3,634
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Avid RC Bearings http://www.avidrc.com/
d4man is offline  
Old 08-23-2007, 08:57 AM
  #2557  
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Lillooet,BC
Posts: 127
Default

Originally Posted by OTE_TheMissile View Post
I checked Boca, when I searched for a T4 Factory Team kit I got a message saying that they didn't have one but they are looking for information to put one together, even says they're offering a reward. So if you could make a list of measurements for all the bearings in your truck and where they belong and send it to them, they might send some $$$ your way or even give you the first kit for free for all I know.

Ordinarily for stuff like this I look at industrial supply companies like McMaster-Carr, but when I bought bearings for my BoLink Legends car, Boca's price was half of what McMaster-Carr wanted for the same parts.
Hey. was just at boca and starting on page 18 under AE kits they have all types of bearing kits for the T4. thanks for the link. Dan
danimal1965 is offline  
Old 08-24-2007, 01:33 PM
  #2558  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (47)
 
K_King's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 4,233
Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)
Default

Whats everyone using for the front bulkhead on a B4? Aluminim or plastic + weight?
K_King is offline  
Old 08-24-2007, 01:56 PM
  #2559  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (10)
 
POUNDITRACING's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Newport, RI
Posts: 3,063
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Kking you are so funny. I like that you are gathering all this info before you even drive the car.
POUNDITRACING is offline  
Old 08-24-2007, 05:08 PM
  #2560  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (25)
 
crazy4wdracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Way Out Here
Posts: 3,142
Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by K_King View Post
Whats everyone using for the front bulkhead on a B4? Aluminim or plastic + weight?
i use an aluminum one made by trinity, it works very good, i just got tired of breaking plastic ones.

It also has extra setscrews to hold in the hinge pins better.
crazy4wdracer is offline  
Old 08-24-2007, 05:35 PM
  #2561  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (10)
 
POUNDITRACING's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Newport, RI
Posts: 3,063
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by crazy4wdracer View Post
i use an aluminum one made by trinity, it works very good, i just got tired of breaking plastic ones.

It also has extra setscrews to hold in the hinge pins better.
me too
POUNDITRACING is offline  
Old 08-24-2007, 06:07 PM
  #2562  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (18)
 
Jeff K.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Chatsworth, CA
Posts: 410
Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default

I'm running FT front bulk, haven't had any problems with that. More problems with rear shock tower and rear arm, although today car was dialed and no probs. Need new batts!
Jeff K. is offline  
Old 08-24-2007, 06:50 PM
  #2563  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (67)
 
Jake S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Erie PA
Posts: 4,833
Trader Rating: 67 (93%+)
Default

Originally Posted by crazy4wdracer View Post
i use an aluminum one made by trinity, it works very good, i just got tired of breaking plastic ones.

It also has extra setscrews to hold in the hinge pins better.
if you like that, you should get the aluminum one from the gt2, it has two set screws per side, thats what i run in my b4, i have the trinity one in my t4, id recommend the gt2 one.

Originally Posted by StOnEfAn527 View Post
I'm running FT front bulk, haven't had any problems with that. More problems with rear shock tower and rear arm, although today car was dialed and no probs. Need new batts!
breaking rear towers and rear arms? weird...might be your driving style tho, i have seen next to nothing break on my b4, except for 1-2 front arms all summer and 2 front arms on my t4, and a rear t-plate too.
Jake S is offline  
Old 08-24-2007, 06:55 PM
  #2564  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (18)
 
Jeff K.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Chatsworth, CA
Posts: 410
Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default

Haven't broken any front arms. Only broke 1 rear arm once when t4 came and hit me in flight. 1 Shock tower was from bad landing. The screws holding the transmission together just backed out, which was making a weird grinding noise today that I thought was in the motor.

But it has a lot of steering, on and off power.
Jeff K. is offline  
Old 08-24-2007, 09:33 PM
  #2565  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (10)
 
POUNDITRACING's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Newport, RI
Posts: 3,063
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by StOnEfAn527 View Post
Haven't broken any front arms. Only broke 1 rear arm once when t4 came and hit me in flight. 1 Shock tower was from bad landing. The screws holding the transmission together just backed out, which was making a weird grinding noise today that I thought was in the motor.

But it has a lot of steering, on and off power.
I agree with jake. I have never broke a rear arm. I broke a rear tower when a gt came over a jump backwards over a 30 foot gap. Damn gas tracks.
POUNDITRACING is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.