Like Tree34Likes

RC10B4/T4 Forum

Old 08-16-2007, 12:07 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (93%+)

wonder if im just good or lucky, i mounted up some b4 tires today, i wanted to try balancing.... so i began by taking the cvd apart...

after gluing up my panther switches (since rochester is getting an indoor track for this winter - confirmed, just not completed)

i spun the tire, and marked the heavy side, and put a piece of black tape about 1/4" long, and spun again, and the black tape side was the heavy side....which has to be like a 1/16th of an oz lol...i took it off and repeated...

the heavy spot was about a third of a rotation away from before...just makes me wonder if it was "balanced" after just gluing.....don't think im that lucky
Old 08-16-2007, 12:28 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by trashedmaxx View Post
Back to the GT2 rear hubs.
Does the track width change? Is there any issues with the CVD's being to short?
I would suggest going to your LHS and asking for the QC conversion for the T4. AE sells a package kit.
Old 08-16-2007, 12:30 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

I run the entire dog bone, and axle from my GT2. There is absolutely no issue.
Old 08-16-2007, 12:31 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by parnelli97 View Post
I read the description of the Factory Team Kit, and the plain Team Kit, I can't find any difference other than the price?? What am I missing?

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...+Kit&search=Go
the team kit does not have threaded shocks, Carbon parts, Titanium turnbuckles, Alluminum servo mounts,and aluminum front hinge pin brace. The car is the same except for the hopups.
Old 08-16-2007, 12:33 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by peded View Post
How many of you guys are already running 5 cells on your B4/T4? I'm thinking of switching over to 5 cell. It seems cheaper for me in the long run because I still run brushed so less drivetrain wear, less things to deal with. At least for me.

I saw an on road 5 cell car at the track today and it was holding up just fine with the guys who are running 6 cell.
I ran 5 cell thisweekend in factory mod with my B4 and the differance was the feeling of the triger. You drove it like a 19t but it was just as fast as mod. As far as wear and tear, it would only be on the tires. Very little tire spin and the same amount of punch.
Old 08-16-2007, 12:36 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Jake S View Post
wonder if im just good or lucky, i mounted up some b4 tires today, i wanted to try balancing.... so i began by taking the cvd apart...

after gluing up my panther switches (since rochester is getting an indoor track for this winter - confirmed, just not completed)

i spun the tire, and marked the heavy side, and put a piece of black tape about 1/4" long, and spun again, and the black tape side was the heavy side....which has to be like a 1/16th of an oz lol...i took it off and repeated...

the heavy spot was about a third of a rotation away from before...just makes me wonder if it was "balanced" after just gluing.....don't think im that lucky
what did you use to balance the tire? I've sen people use an allen wrench and it donen't work the same. The wheel needs to be free from the car and it's bearings. If you use the right equiptment then you are just lucky. I did 20 sets of tires for the Cactus Classic and had 1 good from the start.
Old 08-16-2007, 12:45 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by POUNDITRACING View Post
what did you use to balance the tire?
well its not the perfect balance tool, but i used a screw driver i got from the dollar store (took the handle off, just to use the rod), and its held to a metal desk tray/container i got from walmart with a zip-tie on one end, and yard on the other (so it can be untied to put a tire on it) its checked with a level before i use it too..only thing i don't have down is a big enough screw driver for front tires, now i just need to have the bearings in it for it to "work"
Old 08-16-2007, 12:47 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Jake S View Post
so i began by taking the cvd apart..
oh in case there is confusion, i didn't actually leave it on the car, i only began to take it apart didn't want to post a hard lucky story, needless to say the set screw is now stripped....
Old 08-16-2007, 12:51 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by POUNDITRACING View Post
I ran 5 cell thisweekend in factory mod with my B4 and the differance was the feeling of the triger. You drove it like a 19t but it was just as fast as mod. As far as wear and tear, it would only be on the tires. Very little tire spin and the same amount of punch.
So did you add any more weight to compensate for the missing cell? Also would stock/19t act similar or would you slow down a bit more? What setup changes did you do to your B4 to the lessened weight?
Old 08-16-2007, 12:57 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by peded View Post
So did you add any more weight to compensate for the missing cell? Also would stock/19t act similar or would you slow down a bit more? What setup changes did you do to your B4 to the lessened weight?
you don't take the cell out. you just rewire the pack. I wouldn't suggest it for stock but it might help in 19t. Yu really need all the powert that you can get. It is really only used in very low trackion situations. Don't do it all the time. If mod is to much motor then don't run it. Mod is really an open class. They run 19t in it all the time. Just tell the other drivers that you are doing it so they don't run you over on the stright.
Old 08-16-2007, 01:35 AM
Tech Elite

i have a set of losi ifmar studs (reds) for buggy that where never mounted, but are not NIP, asking $9 shipped or trade for 2 pairs of checkpoint 6-cell brushes (don't need to be NIP either, just not used)
Old 08-16-2007, 02:20 PM
Tech Addict

One note on wheel balancing. I also use the lead tape, but I got it at the hobby shop. It's called 'prop balancing tape'. Why support the golf shop when you can support the hobby shop? Unless you golf too.
Also, if you're running on a high bite track, sometimes you can balance the wheels by actually lightening the heavy side by grinding it with a Dremel. But it may cause a little more wheel spin.
Old 08-16-2007, 03:06 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by mfishel View Post
One note on wheel balancing. I also use the lead tape, but I got it at the hobby shop. It's called 'prop balancing tape'. Why support the golf shop when you can support the hobby shop? Unless you golf too.
Also, if you're running on a high bite track, sometimes you can balance the wheels by actually lightening the heavy side by grinding it with a Dremel. But it may cause a little more wheel spin.
Who makes the tape?
Old 08-16-2007, 03:47 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Sweet Lou View Post
this may be a completely stupid idea/question, but...

has anyone ever put a b4 wing on their t4? would it benefit or hinder? is it legal or not?

I saw someone mention it somewhere else and it got me to thinking. I lined one up on my t4 and it would look kind of cool actually, just not sure if it would work better, worse, make no difference, or if it were "legal".
I was wondering the same thing after seeing that pro-line is offering 4 different ones in a single pack(18 buxs) or was it 8 wings. But didn't want to ask. LOL Are they legal?? Dan
Old 08-16-2007, 03:55 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by OTE_TheMissile View Post
Don't think so, if it does it's hardly noticeable. And the CVD's are perfect, they just drop right in between the trans and the hubs like there's no difference.
Hey. i was told that the rear gt2 hubs will give an extra 1.5* toe in the rear. I'm just waiting on the over- sized outer bearing so i can put my gt2 rpm rear arms on with the ae gt2 hub. I'm really hoping that the t4 will track like my gt with the 4.5*'s in the back . May be too much, may be sweet. LOL Dan.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.