Search
Like Tree54Likes

RC10B4/T4 Forum

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2007, 08:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Sweet Lou
I agree completely. however, when I put the battery in my truck I only had to add 3 oz, then I put that in my buggy with the weight on it already and found I needed to add more.

could be my buggy is just light for some reason I suppose... I dunno.
You should ad 1.5oz. to the buggy right from the get go.
Old 08-14-2007, 08:41 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by POUNDITRACING
You should ad 1.5oz. to the buggy right from the get go.
hmmm... I would have thought someone at the track would have mentioned that. thank you.
Old 08-14-2007, 08:45 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by XXXCRRacer
I forgot if you plan on racing then add 1.5 ounces. Add an ounce under the rear shock tower and half ounce in the rear of the chassis.
This it the layout that I have in my Buggy. I don't have it in my truck.

The weight keeps the car from rotating too much in the corners. Not for forward traction.
Old 08-14-2007, 08:58 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by POUNDITRACING
This it the layout that I have in my Buggy. I don't have it in my truck.

The weight keeps the car from rotating too much in the corners. Not for forward traction.
I was always told the trick on a T4 was to add, what is it, 3 ounces to the back end: .5 oz. in each rear corner of the chassis and 2 oz. in the space between the transmission and the forward rear hinge pin mount/anti-squat block. That was just a general setup idea, one of those tricks that everybody, LiPo or not, started doing.

Last edited by OTE_TheMissile; 08-14-2007 at 09:13 AM.
Old 08-14-2007, 09:11 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by peded
I'm looking for how much weight I should add when I install my Orion 3200 Lipo pack. I've heard adding from 1-3 oz but i'm not really sure.

How much weight do you guys add to your cars when your running lipo?
i have the buggy. i already put 2 1/2 oz of weight in the rear. so i guess its 3 more oz?
Old 08-14-2007, 09:42 AM
Tech Master

you only need 1.5 ounces for both cars. 3 is way too much. 1 ounce under the tranny. .25 ounce in each rear triangle
Old 08-14-2007, 09:48 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by rcdude19641
you only need 1.5 ounces for both cars. 3 is way too much. 1 ounce under the tranny. .25 ounce in each rear triangle
Honestly that might be it, I can't remember how much one of those "blocks" of lead weighs. Thought it was 1/2 oz. each, mebbie it's 1/4.

I dunno, someone told me put 2 chunks in the chassis and 4 infront of the trans, I didn't look to see how much they were
Old 08-14-2007, 09:49 AM
Tech Champion

T4 What do a lot of people set their ride height at? Are you using someones setup or your own? I've set mine at 28mm front and 29mm rear. I don't have any weights on the truck.
Old 08-14-2007, 09:55 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by air8
T4 What do a lot of people set their ride height at? Are you using someones setup or your own? I've set mine at 28mm front and 29mm rear. I don't have any weights on the truck.
Uhh I'm using bits & pieces of Chad Due's shock setup for S&N's Trackside, the rest is pretty basic (-1° camber all the way around, little bit of front toe-out, etc.). I've never actually measured my ride height, I always went by dogbones/front arms level.

Although ask anyone who races there, none of them have any idea how I can drive a truck that handles the way mine does sometimes
Old 08-14-2007, 10:15 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by OTE_TheMissile
Uhh I'm using bits & pieces of Chad Due's shock setup for S&N's Trackside, the rest is pretty basic (-1° camber all the way around, little bit of front toe-out, etc.). I've never actually measured my ride height, I always went by dogbones/front arms level.

Although ask anyone who races there, none of them have any idea how I can drive a truck that handles the way mine does sometimes
LOL. That's what my local guys say about mine. I just adjust mine for the track. I don't know where any measurements are. I played with ride height a little on Friday to adjust for the new track. I figured I should start logging my settings, just for reference. Is there some good setups on RCSetups.com? I havent' looked for a while. Thanx
Old 08-14-2007, 10:29 AM
Tech Elite

Meh, I've never really worked with pro setups before. The way I see it, so what if I have, pick a name, Cavaleri's setup on my truck? I'm not Ryan Cavaleri, this isn't his truck, and even if he raced here the track's probably changed a bit since then. Near the end of last winter season at S&N's Trackside it seemed like the track was flipping back and forth between favoring ground slicks and fuzzy tires for no real reason whatsoever on a weekly basis. I think one night I even started on slicks and ended on a set of Blades up front and Hole Shots in the rear.
Old 08-14-2007, 10:57 AM
Tech Elite

There are both 1/4 and 1/2oz weights. It should be 1/4 in both rear triangles. 1oz in front of the tranny.
Old 08-14-2007, 11:08 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by rcdude19641
i meant for when i switch to lipo. how much weight should i add on the battery?
Old 08-14-2007, 11:13 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by peded
i meant for when i switch to lipo. how much weight should i add on the battery?
I would weigh a 6 cell and then weigh the lipo and add the differance. Make sure that you put it as low and as close to the crnter as possible.
Old 08-14-2007, 11:17 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by OTE_TheMissile
Meh, I've never really worked with pro setups before. The way I see it, so what if I have, pick a name, Cavaleri's setup on my truck? I'm not Ryan Cavaleri, this isn't his truck, and even if he raced here the track's probably changed a bit since then. Near the end of last winter season at S&N's Trackside it seemed like the track was flipping back and forth between favoring ground slicks and fuzzy tires for no real reason whatsoever on a weekly basis. I think one night I even started on slicks and ended on a set of Blades up front and Hole Shots in the rear.
Yeah, that's why I haven't actually measured where my settings are. I'm NOT Cavaleri. So I just make the changes the vehicle needs according to the track that day. It takes a while to learn how to understand what works and doesn't work. I've been using front/rear ride height to adjust the steering on/off power plus rear hub spacing. Moving battery for steering and/or rear traction and using shock adjustments for cornering speed/traction. It's amazing how small adjustments can be noticed on the track.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.