Like Tree34Likes

RC10B4/T4 Forum

Old 07-30-2007, 06:15 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

What kind of tire should i use for racing in a parking lot? The LHS is putting up a race and i think i might wanna run my b4 down there.
Old 07-30-2007, 08:40 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by speedsterblade View Post
Can you mount it on it side? My gtb barely fit but fit in the b4. ..got a tiny gtx in the t4. Sell it and get a brushless!!!! lol.
I can't wait untill I can afford a GTB with the 13.5 but money is tight I will get that stuff slowly. I was thinking about getting a trakpower lippo also one day to go with the brushless

I figured it out I used servo tape and a zip tie to mount my super rooster to the rear shock tower, seems to work great and wow is it not going to move hahaha
Old 07-30-2007, 08:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

the FT t4 dose come with the berings but not the HD spring. All AE drivers lock or 1/2 turn loose on the servo saver. some even glue it.
Old 07-30-2007, 09:00 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by POUNDITRACING View Post
the FT t4 dose come with the berings but not the HD spring. All AE drivers lock or 1/2 turn loose on the servo saver. some even glue it.
Maybe this is an dumb question but itsn't that the same as not using one??
Old 07-30-2007, 09:36 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by utahrcracer View Post
Maybe this is an dumb question but itsn't that the same as not using one??
yes it is. It gives you a quicker response. Not recommened for the average club racer. It can cost you a lot in parts and servos.
Old 07-30-2007, 10:25 PM
Tech Adept

I gotta say all I have had is Losi up until this point, I just took my T4 out in the yard playing and wow! I really like the feel of it! I am one of those people who doesn't like running the same as everyone else. But this is a very good truck
Old 07-30-2007, 10:39 PM
Tech Addict

Server saver spring....B4 just tighten it down. ..maybe get a FT HD spring...but I haven't had a need for it.

T4 different story. Requires it to be glued (i used epoxy..fiber glass kit resin + the harder 5$) If you can't do laps w/o wrecking work on that first before touch it. ....but it will make a huge, no gi-normous!!! difference on grippy tracks on the T4.

I was use to my quick steering b4, got this stock T4 and I was having to turn in way early to get on teh right line. It was like turning in a half turn early or half second early. ...I just thought it was a truck handling over the buggy but then I was told by the local you HAVE to glue it. When turning in, the saver would give, close back to the 'non' giving location, then finally turn the wheels... I epoxied it and WOW what a night and day difference in steering! It's like the buggy now. I got a decent servo, cheaper metal geared, BB hi-tech I'm not having any problems and I"m not worried about it. New lap record holder has had his glued and been using the same servo for years.... To me the handling beinfits are well worth the risk of damage to the servo..if any.... you can always buy a spare, epoxy it and try it out... YOU WON'T GO BACK!

Those cheapo rtr servos might not be the best for this mod...but they ususaly break after a few crashes anyways....without this mod. spend 40$ and get a decent metal gear, bb one. or step up and get a highend airtronics 100$ one. I got the Airtron high speed 94360 in the b4 and love it.

Last edited by speedsterblade; 07-30-2007 at 10:49 PM.
Old 07-30-2007, 10:52 PM
Tech Champion

Gonna have to try this. But the more I tighten mine down the more I break the servo ball cups. We have two gnarly jumps and it is too much punishment to glue the servo saver down. I wish I could though.
Originally Posted by speedsterblade View Post
Server saver spring....B4 just tighten it down. ..maybe get a FT HD spring...but I haven't had a need for it.

T4 different story. Requires it to be glued (i used epoxy..fiber glass kit resin + the harder 5$) If you can't do laps w/o wrecking work on that first before touch it. ....but it will make a huge, no gi-normous!!! difference on grippy tracks on the T4.

I was use to my quick steering b4, got this stock T4 and I was having to turn in way early to get on teh right line. It was like turning in a half turn early or half second early. ...I just thought it was a truck handling over the buggy but then I was told by the local you HAVE to glue it. When turning in, the saver would give, close back to the 'non' giving location, then finally turn the wheels... I epoxied it and WOW what a night and day difference in steering! It's like the buggy now. I got a decent servo, cheaper metal geared, BB hi-tech I'm not having any problems and I"m not worried about it. New lap record holder has had his glued and been using the same servo for years.... To me the handling beinfits are well worth the risk of damage to the servo..if any.... you can always buy a spare, epoxy it and try it out... YOU WON'T GO BACK!

Those cheapo rtr servos might not be the best for this mod...but they ususaly break after a few crashes anyways....without this mod. spend 40$ and get a decent metal gear, bb one. or step up and get a highend airtronics 100$ one. I got the Airtron high speed 94360 in the b4 and love it.
Old 07-30-2007, 10:53 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by utahrcracer View Post
I gotta say all I have had is Losi up until this point, I just took my T4 out in the yard playing and wow! I really like the feel of it! I am one of those people who doesn't like running the same as everyone else. But this is a very good truck

Yeah, I've seen some losi guys starting to see the light, at my local track. some converted/converting..some not converting and getting beat!! lol. Sometimes 'everyone is doing it' for a good reason....
Old 07-31-2007, 11:59 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by air8 View Post
Gonna have to try this. But the more I tighten mine down the more I break the servo ball cups. We have two gnarly jumps and it is too much punishment to glue the servo saver down. I wish I could though.
a genreal rule is to change any ballcup that pops off. I have use all types of ballcups and I seem to favor the RPM. They do bend and wear out sooner but I have never lost a race because of a broken ballstud or ballcup. Pluse they fit in the OFNA body reemer. no more needdle nose pliers.
Old 07-31-2007, 01:43 PM
Tech Adept

Cool! I don't get how a servo saver glued so it can't move is any different to not using one at all, but hey I will give that a try thanks for the help guys
Old 07-31-2007, 02:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (93%+)

i think your confused, your thinking of a servo horn or arm i believe....

in the t4/b4 the servo saver is this:
Old 07-31-2007, 02:05 PM
Tech Elite

If you pull off the top deck, it will expose the servo saver (blue hex thing). Use your wheel wrench to tighten.
Old 07-31-2007, 05:04 PM
Tech Adept

haha ok thanks for the picture!!! Ok ill check it out, I bet it is already glued thought so far everything I have heard to mod it has already been done when I look at it, best RC car or truck I have bought off ebay so far
Old 07-31-2007, 06:08 PM
Tech Champion

LOL. Yeah nice picture. I keep breaking the part labeled "NOT" in the picture. Actually the metal turnbuckle is what has broke twice. But I haven't glued the servo saver yet. I'll see how long this lasts before it come apart again.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.