Like Tree34Likes

RC10B4/T4 Forum

Old 07-26-2007, 07:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

These were for the rc10gt and are 1.32" long and not threaded very far: http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXJXT6&P=SM

These are the T4 shock bodies which are 1.39" long and threaded twice as far: http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXFDU9&P=Z

Check the part # on the tag and see what ones you recieved. If amain listed those as T4 parts I'd send em back and get the right ones.
Old 07-26-2007, 11:35 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I've just gotten my hands on a RTR T4 version. I was wondering what parts I should be stocking up on. Also what factory team upgrades should i get?
Old 07-27-2007, 12:03 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by utahrcracer View Post
Hey guys are there any hop ups that are worth getting for the a FT T4?? thanks!
If someone is answering the question above please answer mine!!! any parts if you have the FT kit I should look into??
Old 07-27-2007, 12:10 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by jbrow1 View Post
These were for the rc10gt and are 1.32" long and not threaded very far: http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXJXT6&P=SM

These are the T4 shock bodies which are 1.39" long and threaded twice as far: http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXFDU9&P=Z

Check the part # on the tag and see what ones you recieved. If amain listed those as T4 parts I'd send em back and get the right ones.
Hey J,

Thanx a lot. that is the info I was looking for. I definately recieved the 1.32 bodies. I appreciate that.
Old 07-27-2007, 12:17 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Look into graphite shock towers and threaded shock bodies. For a B4 just use the plastic chassis. You can also look to for the aluminum front brace as well.
Old 07-27-2007, 12:23 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by XXXCRRacer View Post
Look into graphite shock towers and threaded shock bodies. For a B4 just use the plastic chassis. You can also look to for the aluminum front brace as well.
Who are you referring to? I'm asking for a T4 upgrades.
Old 07-27-2007, 12:29 AM
Tech Champion

peded,

run the graphite shock towers. You can run the FT arms, but they prolly will break easier.
Old 07-27-2007, 12:32 AM
Tech Champion

Thumbs up

I forgot if you plan on racing then add 1.5 ounces. Add an ounce under the rear shock tower and half ounce in the rear of the chassis.
Attached Thumbnails RC10B4/T4 Forum-b4-lead-sm.jpg  
Old 07-27-2007, 08:40 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by peded View Post
Who are you referring to? I'm asking for a T4 upgrades.
Hey. you should start with the RPM gt2 front arms, ae's gt2 steering block and ae gt2 30*caster block(check pro set-ups at AE site) . They are almost 50% beefer or buy a couple sets of t4 ones. I would stick with the stock plastic parts(flex is good) and avoid the graphite(no flex will break). Also get a couple of the servo saver steering kits(4 buxs) as they seem to be a weak point on the rtr. It will have 2 bushings in the diff so change those to bearings. I'm just waiting on 2 bearings (3/16x 1/2") for the out side of the gt2 rear hubs so i then can use the rpm gt2 rear arm as well. It will give me an extra 1.5* in the rear plus its RPM. I'm hoping it will hook(under power) up like my GT's do. LOL. I like the shock adjuster clip set-up but if you got the money the ft shocks are a little better. For shock re-builds try some HPI 3mm red o-rings, they make a way better seal then the ae ones. Better turnbuckles and hinge pins would be not a bad idea, i'm still running the same stock ones without issues but i think its time to up-grade. The rear body mounts are pretty weak too and a real pain in the butt to change,after my second one broke i dremelled off the flat part with the nipple then hot glued it in the middle of the shock towers ,drilled 2 new hole in the body and its still going strong after about a year. Got to go run a lipo off on my track with the 5700 after all this typing about my t4. LOL. enjoy your t4.Dan Ps theres a couple of pages in the july RC car mag on Mayfields T4 and B4 set-ups. He uses mostly plastic parts "for" the flex.
Old 07-27-2007, 10:43 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

danimal1965 - Great post! Thanks!

If you have the opportunity (and a digital camera) could you take a picutre of that body mount mod you did and post it? I can't seem to wrap my brain around that description. If not, it's cool.

What about the GT2 quick-realease rear hubs? I have them on a couple of my T4s and I have to tell you... every time I change tires on my B4 I think to myself that I'd be nice to have them on both vehicles. Or, maybe I'm just lazy.

Again, great post! Thanks!
Old 07-27-2007, 11:29 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Mr.Maim View Post
danimal1965 - Great post! Thanks!

If you have the opportunity (and a digital camera) could you take a picutre of that body mount mod you did and post it? I can't seem to wrap my brain around that description. If not, it's cool.

What about the GT2 quick-realease rear hubs? I have them on a couple of my T4s and I have to tell you... every time I change tires on my B4 I think to myself that I'd be nice to have them on both vehicles. Or, maybe I'm just lazy.

Again, great post! Thanks!
Hey. sorry the kids have miss placed both d-cam, just dremell off under the oval shaped flat plastic of the body holder, make it smooth, then on the flat part of the shock tower place one on either side of center turned so the long edges are flush, hot glue them to the shock tower then make 2 new holes in the body. A cell phone may be here later to take a pic. As far as the QC i wouldn't get one unless i ran long nitro races. I hear its like 40+$. Anyone else have any thought on the QC. Dan
Old 07-27-2007, 12:18 PM
Tech Addict

I see a lot of posts recommending RPM arms for Associated vehicles. I have to ask why? The reason I have concern about this is from personal experience. Back in the RC10T days I bought a set of RPM arms and installed them. I have to say they SUCKED. They were too flexible. You could hold them at each end and actually twist them almost 45deg. This was at the time of my first national (truck nats in Grand Rapids MI). Luckily I met Cliff Lett that weekend, and he gave me a couple sets of their new a-arms. They were black, and as best I know they were the first use of graphite in injection molded parts. They were fast but fragile, and never saw production. Then they released beefier arms. I learned a lot about how flex effects your suspension set ups. Flex=inconsistency. To this day, other than the chassis, I use all graphite.
Old 07-27-2007, 02:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

All I would do to a rtr is get the shock bodies, turnbuckles, alluminum front bulkhead, Use all plasitc parts. The rpm stuff is for bashing. Only replace parts after they break. If you want to be fast then learn how to go 5 min. with out crashing. All your setup and parts will gain you mabey 3 seconds in a race. One crash can be 10 seconds. I've always told my rookies not to over think the car. Nothing will make that much of a differance. Just run it and when the time comes to run with the pros you will know what to put on the car. By the way, all the AE Factory drivers use all plastic parts. Carbon might be faster but you have to finish the race to win. All Factory drivers add weight so why would you try and save weight?
Old 07-27-2007, 03:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by POUNDITRACING View Post
All I would do to a rtr is get the shock bodies, turnbuckles, alluminum front bulkhead, Use all plasitc parts. The rpm stuff is for bashing. Only replace parts after they break. If you want to be fast then learn how to go 5 min. with out crashing. All your setup and parts will gain you mabey 3 seconds in a race. One crash can be 10 seconds. I've always told my rookies not to over think the car. Nothing will make that much of a differance. Just run it and when the time comes to run with the pros you will know what to put on the car. By the way, all the AE Factory drivers use all plastic parts. Carbon might be faster but you have to finish the race to win. All Factory drivers add weight so why would you try and save weight?
This is Pound It's version of "Do as I say, Not as I do" Good rule though, the fastest car does no good if you crash all the time.
Old 07-28-2007, 02:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)

I would even run the stock shock bodies, until they wear out. The hardened shocks don't improve handling enough for a seasoned club racer to go faster, nevermind someone just getting into a new truck.

I would put the set up from the Factory team T4 on the truck, then race it, practice with it, race it more and practice more. Don't lose site of the fact that it is supposed to be fun!

Turnbuckles, hard anodizing, titanium parts, will never make you faster, until you only crash about 2 or 3 times(or less) in an entire weekends racing.

We do have fun spending money though, don't we?

LOL

Good luck, have fun
...Jim
W.E.D.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.