Like Tree34Likes

RC10B4/T4 Forum

Old 06-12-2007, 08:00 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jbrow1 View Post
Did it pop apart on ya? I popped one on my 1/12 this winter. Was kinda funny and surprising.
Yep. SPring came right through the plastic where we'd shaved it. Kev was actually running my truck 'cause he had problems with his buggy. We found the problem when we put his radio gear in 'cause his EPA wasn't limited. Racing against your own truck is pretty funny though, there were a couple times down the straight I watched the wrong car.
Old 06-12-2007, 10:21 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

FYI,
Team Associated has "partially assembled T4s" on their website (www.rc10.com, under Web Specials) for $79.99 plus $8 shipping.

They appear to be T4 RTR minus all electronics and minus rims and tires, with either a red or blue body.

If you are looking for a roller and already have rims and tires, this is a good deal. I think the RTR has some bushings instead of bearings, but that's a relatively cheap upgrade.

Comes with rear dogbones, instead of universals, but again for $88 (including shipping) I think it's a great deal.

I ordered two today and asked and they said they have about 15 reds and about 90 blues left (or vice versa).

Please send $4 finders fee to my paypal account (pm me for Paypal e-mail address / user name).
Old 06-12-2007, 12:46 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Do you guys add weight to the front of your T4? Where and how much?

I noticed my T4 pushes through the turns. I'm thinking it's too light, or my springs (stock silver) are too stiff. I'm using #3 piston and 35 wt shock oil. What do you guys think?
Old 06-12-2007, 12:50 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

I added 1/2 ounce to the front bulkhead of my t4. It fits perfect.
Old 06-12-2007, 01:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

That's too funny CJ. Last year I was racing against a guy who I sold a truck to and he ran my old body still. I ended up going off the track because I forgot which truck I was racing.

Stanky, I believe I've got 3/4 ounce of weight on the front of my truck. And 1 ounce under the rear shock tower, and 1/4 ounce in each rear side pocket.
Old 06-12-2007, 02:11 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by jbrow1 View Post
That's too funny CJ. Last year I was racing against a guy who I sold a truck to and he ran my old body still. I ended up going off the track because I forgot which truck I was racing.
Hard to get old ain't it? He gave me the wheel with my own truck too! I don't add any weight to the front of my T4. The silver springs in front are about as soft as you'd ever want to use Stanky. I think I'd go to a No. 2 piston and play with shock limiting. If it's pushing in the middle be sure you have the heavy duty servo saver spring, the original was too weak.
Old 06-12-2007, 06:34 PM
Tech Addict

I run Blue 35/#3 up front and Green 30/#1 in the rear, with 1.5 ounces in rear (1/4 in pockets, full ounce in front of tranny) and have never had a push problem. I would rather have it pushing than have it lose anyways.
Old 06-12-2007, 09:00 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)
Default new to dirt.

I recently gor a t4 and plan on racing on the dirt track. I have been racing 1/10 touring and 1/12 carpet cars for a while. I dont know where to find setups for the truck. The truck was set up for street with a brushless ss5800 system. I want to race with brushed motors. I'm new to dirt track racing and dont know if I can run 19 Turn motors or what type of motor to use.I have a spare Quantum pro 2 to use for now. Thanks in advance for your help.
Old 06-12-2007, 09:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Neon05 View Post
I recently gor a t4 and plan on racing on the dirt track. I have been racing 1/10 touring and 1/12 carpet cars for a while. I dont know where to find setups for the truck. The truck was set up for street with a brushless ss5800 system. I want to race with brushed motors. I'm new to dirt track racing and dont know if I can run 19 Turn motors or what type of motor to use.I have a spare Quantum pro 2 to use for now. Thanks in advance for your help.
Well for a brushed speedo that would be my #1 pick.
Go to teamassociated.com and click the support link, then the setup link.
Motor depends on what they run at your track or what you want to run. Checkpoint $ motor is supposed to be a good 19 turn. I like the monster co27 for stock. If you don't want to tune your own motors, team brood are good guys to buy from.
Old 06-12-2007, 09:24 PM
Tech Master

Neon5 I don't have any experience with the Checkpoint 19T but it's supposed to be a great motor. I run Checkpoint mods tuned by Banzai in my T4 and B4 and they're super. If you've been racing TC and 1/12 you can handle a mod (if your track runs mod). 11 x 2 in my T4 is super.
Old 06-12-2007, 09:46 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)
Default new to dirt

I only ran stock class in tc. Inever tried a 19t. I'm used to the co27. A fellow racer who races a losi xxtmf2 truck said dont use a stock motor cause Its not enough motor to hit all the jumps around the track.He recommended a 19t motor. Most guys who run 18t in tc are using the komoto. My local track has shut down and now I have to go over an hour away to race carpet. Or I can drive 30 mins to the dirt track. I havent been to the dirt track yet so I'm looking for any advice. I think the truck has the stock servo and silver front spring with green rears. I dont know what shock oil the guy used but it needs to be changed. The truck came with lundsford turnbuckels other wise the truck appears stock.
Old 06-13-2007, 11:03 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Johnny_S. View Post
...I would rather have it pushing than have it lose anyways.
Thanks everyone for the input. Perhaps I have my terminology wrong. By "pushing," I meant I don't have as much steering as I would like. My T4 slides throught the turns. If I crank my EPA more, I'm afraid it will spin out.

I'll try a little weight up front first. Then tinker with my shock formula.
Old 06-13-2007, 11:41 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by stanky626 View Post
Thanks everyone for the input. Perhaps I have my terminology wrong. By "pushing," I meant I don't have as much steering as I would like. My T4 slides throught the turns. If I crank my EPA more, I'm afraid it will spin out.

You might try moving your front shocks in as well. Start moving them in on the tower first, moving it in on the arms is more extreme.

I run green front springs and have no problem, mounted out on the arms and center on tower.
Old 06-13-2007, 12:38 PM
Tech Elite

Those are some cheap T4's, well that what I thought until I saw the price of international shipping! $31 to Canada wtf? Oh well, the team kit is probably still a better deal than that anyways.
Old 06-13-2007, 01:37 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by stanky626 View Post

By "push" I assume you mean on power in the middle of the corner, not turn in. A couple of months ago I noticed Charlie Perez was running a short camber link (inside hole on the caster block) on his setup. I tried it and loved it, you might give that a shot. The truck seems to both turn in better and hold its line in the middle better. I've run my GT that way for years, not sure why I waited so long to try it on the T4.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.