R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road-4/)
-   -   Different bashing ideas? (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road/530249-different-bashing-ideas.html)

rcboy1 07-06-2011 05:04 PM

Different bashing ideas?

Recently i have been staring at my traxxas e-maxx. yes i know, exciting right. i just sit there thinking how i could squeeze more excitement out of the little bugger. I have done jumping, climbing, crashing, track running, running through water, pavement running, dirt lot running, and just grass running. this makes me confused because even though i have a huge backyard (maybe 1 or 2 acres of grass, 10-15 acres of woods, forest, etc), i am still bored. So, who better to ask then the people of rc-tech? so, the question: how do you bash? what do you do differently? etc, etc. thanks to all!:tire::tire::tire:

mkiiina 07-06-2011 06:15 PM

Construction sites are great. Theres a skate park/bmx track near my house that make a decent playground.

What really is fun is bashing with my wife, brother and brother-in-law. The more people involved the more fun it is.

ampresearch 07-06-2011 07:59 PM

for me its all about getting air. not just random air but quality flights and more importantly quality landings. NOT a fan of just launching my trucks into the air with no hope of landing.

i build 6 ramps and table along with A LOT of PVC pipe. i head out to a random parking lot with friends, set up a portable track and of we go.
we do tug of war games, tag games, even soccer game

rptorman 07-06-2011 08:59 PM

STUNTS

jasonwipf 07-06-2011 09:33 PM

Originally Posted by rcboy1 (Post 9354235)
Recently i have been staring at my traxxas e-maxx. yes i know, exciting right. i just sit there thinking how i could squeeze more excitement out of the little bugger. I have done jumping, climbing crashing, track running, running through water, pavement running, dirt lot running, and just grass running. this makes me confused because even though i have a huge backyard (maybe 1 or 2 acres of grass, 10-15 acres of woods, forest, etc). So, who better to ask then the people of rc-tech? so, the question: how do you bash? what do you do differently? etc, etc. thanks to all!:tire::tire::tire:

I love this thread. Bashing can get boring after awhile if you don't get creative.

Originally Posted by mkiiina (Post 9354554)
Construction sites are great. Theres a skate park/bmx track near my house that make a decent playground.

Yes! Construction sites are a blast. So many obstacles and MUDDDD!

Also, try out skate parks. jumping up and down around there is fun. but increase the thickness of the shock oil as you will be doing a few 5-10 foot landings on solid concrete. trust me there!

Originally Posted by ampresearch (Post 9355036)
for me its all about getting air. not just random air but quality flights and more importantly quality landings. NOT a fan of just launching my trucks into the air with no hope of landing.

i build 6 ramps and table along with A LOT of PVC pipe. i head out to a random parking lot with friends, set up a portable track and of we go.
we do tug of war games, tag games, even soccer game

Also, great idea. I used to try jumping 30-50foot drainage ditches or resacas filled with water!

Other ideas:

Find a deep big puddle or a corners section of a small pond and go full blast to see if you can skim accross the water without sinking before you get to the other side.

Pull yourself or kids with car on a skate board, scooter or wagon.

Gear high and sit in the drivers seat of car and drive side by side around down harrasing cars in traffic! You will sweat this one when you have some close calls!!!

drive on roofs! the elevation changes are fun and the threat of flyin off the house or apartment makes your heart rate soar.

Add stuff. Like foam airplane wings and get air. Estes rocket boosters to get turbo charges. or launch a rocket off the top the car.

Hide in a bush or tree and go to a dog park and harass dogs and their owners!!! This is sooooo fun but don't get caught, have an escape plan! The cops or mall cop equivalent will be on the prowl if you do the same location too much.

Same as above, but during a high school foot ball game or soccer game. Escape plan is very difficult here but not impossible.

Going down long flights of stairs and trying to skimm across the tops all the way down without crashing.

rcboy1 07-07-2011 09:30 AM

Originally Posted by mkiiina (Post 9354554)
What really is fun is bashing with my wife, brother and brother-in-law. The more people involved the more fun it is.

this is absolutely true. thanks for all the great responses!

rcboy1 07-07-2011 09:33 AM

i love jumping also. we (my group of friends) always try to go higher: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=roD1z9WZlrw
it was a fun day. but for fourth of july i think im gonna strap some fireworks to the maxx...:D

ScottKelly911 07-07-2011 10:20 AM

with that much land, build a track. I know the EMaxx isn't ideal as a track vehicle, but it'll be fun. Bashing does get boring after a while if you don't keep it fresh by going to new spots. It sounds like you're getting to the point where racing may step in. The good thing about racing is, you never get bored because you're always gonna try to make faster lap times or take different race lines to try to get around the track faster. If you want challenges, build a big triples that you have to have the perfect line to clear it, but if not, you're gonna come up short. It also teaches you really good throttle control. It also fulfills the competitive side of us, something that Bashing really doesn't do much. Eventually, you'll probably end up getting another vehicle if you build a track, but the EMaxx will work long enough until you decide if you like running on a track.

rcboy1 07-07-2011 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by ScottKelly911 (Post 9357511)
with that much land, build a track. I know the EMaxx isn't ideal as a track vehicle, but it'll be fun. Bashing does get boring after a while if you don't keep it fresh by going to new spots. It sounds like you're getting to the point where racing may step in. The good thing about racing is, you never get bored because you're always gonna try to make faster lap times or take different race lines to try to get around the track faster. If you want challenges, build a big triples that you have to have the perfect line to clear it, but if not, you're gonna come up short. It also teaches you really good throttle control. It also fulfills the competitive side of us, something that Bashing really doesn't do much. Eventually, you'll probably end up getting another vehicle if you build a track, but the EMaxx will work long enough until you decide if you like running on a track.

actually i already do race. im wondering if thats the problem; that racing is now more exciting to me than bashing...

jasonwipf 07-07-2011 02:38 PM

Originally Posted by rcboy1 (Post 9358364)
actually i already do race. im wondering if thats the problem; that racing is now more exciting to me than bashing...

It goes in cycles. I've been racing hard for about 2 years no and now I'm getting the itch to bash cuz its less stress. ;P

carcrazy699 07-07-2011 05:08 PM

I know the feeling. I recently bought a monster truck and love it. I also had to go out and buy a cheap basic car to throw on the track so i can get my fix in once in awhile.

marooko 07-07-2011 06:59 PM

I've been meaning to check out the local skate park. hahaha.

Big air. If you've got that much land, get a Bobcat....or just a shovel and some friends.

I hope this thread gives me new Ideas.

rcboy1 07-07-2011 08:22 PM

Originally Posted by marooko (Post 9359488)
I've been meaning to check out the local skate park. hahaha.

Big air. If you've got that much land, get a Bobcat....or just a shovel and some friends.

I hope this thread gives me new Ideas.

hopefully i will! i just gotta get some time set aside to do it...should be fun

ScottKelly911 07-09-2011 03:11 AM

Originally Posted by rcboy1 (Post 9358364)

I hear ya, that's what happened with me. I was a basher, me and some friends all had Slash 4x4's, we had a homemade track we built. We also used to go to an underground parking lot we'd go to and set up cones and race there with our onroad tires. We had ramps that we'd set up at the Cricket field and do HUGE jumps. It was all really fun, but once we started going to a real track, we were all hooked and got into different cars and started running mostly 1/8th scale. From then on, we got other cars for support classes so we could run more than one class, but we pretty much never go bash anymore. But bashing did have it's fun. We'd have bbq's and mess around with the cars etc. it was more social I guess. Like knock down a few cold ones, take the cars out and do some high speed runs, then hit the ramps etc. fun and some times miss it, racing is much more serious, but still a really good time. Just very different. Racing is challenging, really fulfills your competitive side and really hones in your driving skills. I was thinking though, an empty swimming pool would be fun to try for bashing, just like on a skateboard.

Rcforme 07-09-2011 03:53 AM

I kinda make a track in the yard with some low speed extreme terrain, a technical section and a huge ramp where I do a backflip. It never gets old! :)