Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Different bashing ideas? >

Different bashing ideas?

Different bashing ideas?

Old 07-09-2011, 08:55 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by ScottKelly911 View Post
I hear ya, that's what happened with me. I was a basher, me and some friends all had Slash 4x4's, we had a homemade track we built. We also used to go to an underground parking lot we'd go to and set up cones and race there with our onroad tires. We had ramps that we'd set up at the Cricket field and do HUGE jumps. It was all really fun, but once we started going to a real track, we were all hooked and got into different cars and started running mostly 1/8th scale. From then on, we got other cars for support classes so we could run more than one class, but we pretty much never go bash anymore. But bashing did have it's fun. We'd have bbq's and mess around with the cars etc. it was more social I guess. Like knock down a few cold ones, take the cars out and do some high speed runs, then hit the ramps etc. fun and some times miss it, racing is much more serious, but still a really good time. Just very different. Racing is challenging, really fulfills your competitive side and really hones in your driving skills. I was thinking though, an empty swimming pool would be fun to try for bashing, just like on a skateboard.
ya i hear ya. and an empty swimming pool would be fun. also, i found a way to make bashing competitive! while searching through the activities planned for the chicago rcx, i found out that they are going to have a "bash-a-palooza" http://www.bigsquidrc.com/bash-a-pal...-2/#more-14595 looks like a fun time!
Old 03-02-2012, 07:19 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Sorry to revive an old thread - but figured this one was already here - why start a new one.

I'm curious on you folks that say Construction Sites and Skate Parks...

1) Construction Sites - do you have permission? I see lots of Construction Sites around me - but not sure about driving there - don't want to do anything that's going to get me in trouble.

2) Skate Parks - The only one I know of is completely fenced in and says Skate Boards only. Usually has folks there every time I go by. I'm not sure the high school skate boards will be too thrilled sharing their turf with the 30+ RC Guy. Thoughts? How do you approach this situation?

Looking for more places to play and have fun - but finding myself limited...
Old 03-02-2012, 07:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Build a good distance type ramp and find a parking lot with a sloped dirt or grass area beside it to use for landing. Shoot for jump distance with a nice landing.
Old 03-02-2012, 10:31 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

When I was a kid I'd run the car anywhere that looked fun. I jumped it off of a small skateboard launch ramp I had into the grass. We had a bike track on an empty lot that had dirt jumps that we'd run them on too. A friend and I used a weedeater and a shovel and carved out a dirt oval on an empty lot once. Back then there were many empty lots in the subdivision. When a new house was being built we'd make jumps out of the fill dirt they brought in. Since the work site changed everyday we always had something new to mess with. It didn't last long of course but there was always another one. Today all of those fun spots we used to play on are now just house after house.
Old 03-02-2012, 12:44 PM
Tech Elite

Talk about reviving an old thread!
Old 03-02-2012, 03:50 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I like technical type bashing... Obstacles and such... Constantly changing things up to keep me sharp on the stick... Debating the purchase of a 1/10 Summit. Although I haven't really reached the limits of my maxx, what I've seen done by summits is jaw dropping....
Old 03-02-2012, 06:37 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

One of the reasons I love me Summit so much is because bashing can be done basically anywhere. I have some woods a walking distance from my house and this truck is great for exploring. I do wish I had some buddies to go with, thats partly the reason I picked up a second Summit.