Like Tree20Likes

Traxxas 2wd Slash Thread

Old 09-26-2011, 10:16 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TIZAO View Post
^ would you recommend the lcg kit???
It does help out on the handling with less leaning, jumps better, and is a little shorter so steering is better overall. Very nice upgrade for not alot of money.
Old 09-26-2011, 10:19 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I went to the track for the first time with mine... and it just didnt seem to turn well at all.... I had to really brake in order to get the back to come around.... I am trying to debate... shocks.... or LCG kit.... I will have both but can only do 1 right now.... Im thinking LCG would do more difference than shocks...
Old 09-27-2011, 06:41 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by TIZAO View Post
I went to the track for the first time with mine... and it just didnt seem to turn well at all.... I had to really brake in order to get the back to come around.... I am trying to debate... shocks.... or LCG kit.... I will have both but can only do 1 right now.... Im thinking LCG would do more difference than shocks...
THe stock shocks plastic or not work great. Its just getting the oil and spring combo right. THe LCG turns better as the battery is farther forward and you have a little weight on the rear of the truck. I also use the Proline Pro Trac suspension on mine but it would steering even with the stock suspension on. I do use alot of brakes in the 180's to spin it around the corners but I do that with pretty every brand truck I have had.
Old 09-27-2011, 01:16 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

So your thinking LCG first??? Then further the upgrade with new shocks later....
Old 09-29-2011, 10:02 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Wondering if I could get some help clarifing something.

I have a velenion esc and motor i removed from my slash pe and want to install it on my sons 2WD slash that is currently running a ezrun combo.

do i need to fabricate a bracket to mount the esc or does it bolt straight in?
Old 09-30-2011, 05:04 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sperera View Post
Wondering if I could get some help clarifing something.

I have a velenion esc and motor i removed from my slash pe and want to install it on my sons 2WD slash that is currently running a ezrun combo.

do i need to fabricate a bracket to mount the esc or does it bolt straight in?
bolts right in
Old 09-30-2011, 09:43 AM
Tech Adept

I use a piece of Styrene cut to fit the OEM hole's and mount the ESC to it,this allow's a fast swap out from one ESC to another as they are on seperate plate's.
Old 09-30-2011, 09:59 AM
Tech Elite

it comes from the factory with holes for both ESC's. They make one chassis to be used in both the brushed version and the VXL version. You reuse the stock back hole, the xl-5 bolts to the closer hole, the vxl to the one nearer the battery slot.
Old 10-02-2011, 05:03 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

thanks for the info fella's much apprecaited, going to start the converson sometime this week.
Old 10-04-2011, 04:17 PM
Tech Initiate

I have a slash that I just started racing and have some questions:

1. Over the winter I am looking to upgrade. I was wondering if I could use the protrac kit, the strc lcg kit, and the pro line steering kit all at once. I see some people have the protrac and the lcg kit, are there any mods to make this fit? Or, will the steering upgrade fit in the rustler chassis?

2. The truck is very loud compared with the other trucks at the track. The transmission is free and the gear mesh is good. I suspect it is the pinion gear since the stock one ran quieter. What would be a pinion that would quiet this down?

3. I switched to a Dx3R in this truck with the stock vxl. I have had nothing but problems with this setup. It just cuts out about every 10 feet. I have tried a capacitor, that did nothing, and a bec, this only worked with the rx cover off. And even then, when a transponder is plugged in, it goes back to glitching. I have had no problems with any other cars/trucks running this radio.

Thanks
Old 10-09-2011, 07:59 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by rc person 577 View Post
I have a slash that I just started racing and have some questions:

1. Over the winter I am looking to upgrade. I was wondering if I could use the protrac kit, the strc lcg kit, and the pro line steering kit all at once. I see some people have the protrac and the lcg kit, are there any mods to make this fit? Or, will the steering upgrade fit in the rustler chassis?

2. The truck is very loud compared with the other trucks at the track. The transmission is free and the gear mesh is good. I suspect it is the pinion gear since the stock one ran quieter. What would be a pinion that would quiet this down?

3. I switched to a Dx3R in this truck with the stock vxl. I have had nothing but problems with this setup. It just cuts out about every 10 feet. I have tried a capacitor, that did nothing, and a bec, this only worked with the rx cover off. And even then, when a transponder is plugged in, it goes back to glitching. I have had no problems with any other cars/trucks running this radio.

Thanks
Pro Trac suspension, STRC kit and the Proline steering. My last LCG Slash was setup like this. The Proline steering rack mounts a tad differently as you won't have the screw coming thru the top of the chassis like you do on the stock setup. You will see once you have the steering rack but it does work.

The tranny is louder than most but thats normal since the say the Slash came out. If you want it a little quieter you can add a little grease on the transmission gears and if you use Losi pinion gears or the Robinson Racing hardened aluminum pinions. ANother way would be to use the STRC topshaft that allows the use SC10 spur gears and slipper clutch which is nice but not needed but still a cool hopup if your going to tear the tranny down.

As for the DX3R setup it should be fine. I used them before with Slash brushed and brushless and never had a problem. Not sure why your having problems. If your running a stock servo and speedo then I really can't see why your having problems. It is compatable with what your running so unless the receiver, motor, speedo or even servo could be bad and cause a problem. I would have to do process of elimination by trying different electronics one at a time to see what is causing it.
Old 10-10-2011, 03:11 PM
Tech Adept

I just ordered some 2s lipos and was wondering if 3s lipos overheat the vxl system? I'm thinking about buying some too. Are they even usable or are they just a speed run thing?
Thanks
Old 10-10-2011, 03:14 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by MT_MASTER View Post
I just ordered some 2s lipos and was wondering if 3s lipos overheat the vxl system? I'm thinking about buying some too. Are they even usable or are they just a speed run thing?
Thanks
just got watch motor temps. more volts=more speed
Old 10-10-2011, 03:51 PM
Tech Adept

Okay. What is the highest temperature the esc and motor should get too?
Old 10-10-2011, 04:07 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Thanks
I'd stick with 2s lipos. With the 3s it has stupid speed. It's great for bashing but that's about it. Oh and you'll end up with more broken parts with the 3s.

Okay. What is the highest temperature the esc and motor should get too?
I always try to keep it below 180 to play it safe. You NEVER want it to get to 200+. Invest in a temp gauge to keep track of it.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service