Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree31Likes

Traxxas 2wd Slash Thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2011, 05:01 PM
Tech Initiate

Also guys post out of the box modifications you've made, for example I drilled extra holes in my chassis to help with draining water.
Old 09-04-2011, 08:52 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

well I've now had two meetings. one stock, another with STRC LCG and Protrac. Fair to say It was a whole new class of truck.
Average lap time in first meeting over the 3 round was 36sec.
Average laptime yesterday with mods 33.39Sec.
So, just under 10% faster. Got me into the A final and pulled a third. Was battling for second but two silly crashes put the stops on that.
Great success.

as for standard mods, i've drilled hole in the moto mount cases to assist in cooling.
Old 09-05-2011, 08:48 AM
Tech Initiate

Let's keep them coming guys! And also a lesson learned, always open up your receiver box and let it dry out after running it wet conditions. I just opened mine up yesterday while trying to troubleshoot some problems I had yesterday and the whole thing was full of water. Note that this truck has never been submerged above the chassis. I unplugged all of the wires and took the receiver apart and let it dry under my lamp for a few hours and now everything is as good as new!
Old 09-07-2011, 06:55 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

hey gang.... not sure if there is any help for this situation....but here goes..

i never thought much about racing sct on-road but i ended up with a hybrid type of slash. low cog chassis, aluminum trans mounted in frt. of rear axle. true trac rear arms, rpm stuff throughout. motor is a castle sct with matching esc. i have been running the motor with the power leads swapped due to the location of the tranny.( motor comes in from the right side) so the rotation is reversed. this thing runs like a dream and handles great, i have had a blast with this thing. in order to run with our sct class i have brought the throttle travel way down as to not have more power than the stock traxxas 12t motors.( as per the motor rules in this class). i would like to run a 12 t in this truck, however having to reverse the leads really cuts down on the power and the motors only last about 7 -10 minutes. any ideas as to how i could reverse the rotation with some type of gear change in the trans?
Old 09-20-2011, 07:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bpalmer
hey gang.... not sure if there is any help for this situation....but here goes..

i never thought much about racing sct on-road but i ended up with a hybrid type of slash. low cog chassis, aluminum trans mounted in frt. of rear axle. true trac rear arms, rpm stuff throughout. motor is a castle sct with matching esc. i have been running the motor with the power leads swapped due to the location of the tranny.( motor comes in from the right side) so the rotation is reversed. this thing runs like a dream and handles great, i have had a blast with this thing. in order to run with our sct class i have brought the throttle travel way down as to not have more power than the stock traxxas 12t motors.( as per the motor rules in this class). i would like to run a 12 t in this truck, however having to reverse the leads really cuts down on the power and the motors only last about 7 -10 minutes. any ideas as to how i could reverse the rotation with some type of gear change in the trans?
why don't you just reverse the throttle servo in the radio?
Old 09-20-2011, 07:40 AM
Tech Elite

I searched for an answer but have been unable to find anything as of yet....

I have a XL-5 ESC, with the Titan 12T motor. I've lost my brakes. Still using the stock Traxxas Link radio, and I've made sure I'm adjusted to 100% braking power on there.

I do have full reverse, so if i hit the trigger twice quickly when trying to brake the wheels will spin backwards.

I've tried a different ESC, with the same result. Is there anything in the motor that would prevent the brakes from working? Or is there a setting I'm missing?
Old 09-22-2011, 01:07 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

I bought a used brushed Slash to race in the rtr SCT class at my local track. This thing is a blast to drive. My Titan 12t didn't make it past one night of racing though. I asked the race director what could be used and still remain in the class, he recommended a Venom 17t double. Truck seems a little faster, now we have to wait until Tuesday to see how it does at the track.
Old 09-22-2011, 01:36 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I finally took mine to the track.... Handled like a monster truck... lol... Deff need to lower the Center Of Gravity!!!
Old 09-24-2011, 01:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

I still have mine gonna rebuild with all new parts and see how she does on the track...in 17.5 non-timing
Old 09-24-2011, 07:09 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Smallshinyant
I should probably change the rear tyres to something more gripping. This was the advice i was getting at the track.
AKA Enduros with soft foams work really nice for a Slash. If you haven't purchased tires yet, these are the ones I would suggest.
Old 09-25-2011, 05:33 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by kcooper273
AKA Enduros with soft foams work really nice for a Slash. If you haven't purchased tires yet, these are the ones I would suggest.
it depends on the surface, but i have had nothing but good experiences with the Enduro tire.
Old 09-25-2011, 10:46 AM
Tech Rookie

Hey all so i have just received my slash 2wd brushless (5807). Little background I am on deployment in the desert with trying to kill the time. I love this thing. It is my first RC Car. It is durable and is perfect for a beginer like me. it is the sand that I was worried about but there is nothing to worry about. it is awesome.

I do have one thing though. I want to up the run time with a lipo battery. i would like to get some different tires so it will have some more traction.

With all of that I am looking for some new tires, batteries, and charger/balancer. The only delema is I spent most of my money on the car. Sad I know but If anyone can give some good input it would be much appreciated. Thanks.
Old 09-25-2011, 11:09 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

i got bored last summer and took my sons beater slash and restored it.
it was so beat down that it would not drive. every part of the car was destroyed.
never drive it.. but it sure looks purty

Old 09-25-2011, 04:35 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Very nice. I like when the Slash is all dyed black. They just look so much better. Here is my stock chassis one I raced in our Pro class 17.5 last year. I won many races with it like it is in the pics. Later on I changed it over the a LCG Slash but for what it was it worked great. Many of guys just shook their head after getting beat by it.

This is what it looks like as the LCG version.

Old 09-25-2011, 05:06 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

^ would you recommend the lcg kit???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.