Traxxas 2wd Slash Thread >

Traxxas 2wd Slash Thread

Like Tree31Likes

Traxxas 2wd Slash Thread

Old 07-13-2017, 11:38 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tsair
Holy crap, that stuff is hard to use and sticks to everything, gear, pins, EVERYTHING. Massive PITA to use, but it does work. I did approximately 2/3 full, but I think "as much as possible" would be just about perfect.
Yep, my thoughts exactly. But it does seem to work well regardless of track surface. From dusty outdoors to indoor high grip clay, it always seems to allow just enough diff action.
Old 07-14-2017, 04:24 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 252 (100%+)

Looking for a hcg again. Not sure why but the hcg always seems to work better for me than the lcg. I know it doesn't make sense but........
Old 07-14-2017, 07:21 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper
I am building a Mudboss dirt oval racer from a new Traxxas Raptor. I purchased the aluminum caster blocks (3632A)and steering blocks (3636A). Traxxas does not provide any spacers or washers to go between these pieces. I think that's a bad idea for multiple reasons. What are you guys using between those parts?

Sorry if this sounds weird, im on my mobile. Anyways I understand your concern, however, id look into the anza racing castor blocks for racing
Old 07-14-2017, 10:57 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by hotrod87
Looking for a hcg again. Not sure why but the hcg always seems to work better for me than the lcg. I know it doesn't make sense but........
Are you racing on a loose track? If so, the HCG does have an advantage with weight transfer. Remember the gasser cars that drag raced in the 60's? Nose in the air looked weird but helped transfer weight to the rear end which was helpful considering the slicks that were used at the time. On a tight corner, the chassis roll caused by the HCG prevents the truck from spinning out. Most of the weight of the truck is transferred to the outside tires, forcing them to bite in. We have some true race trucks, but once in a while my youngest son will run my Slash just for kicks. It's dialed for outdoor dust (took 3rd in 2wd Mod SCT in a major race this year lol) but we can stick the front sway bar on it and run competitively indoors too. With a couple trans mods, regearing the stock servo, and 2-stage pistons and linear-rate springs you can have your competition scratching their heads
Old 07-16-2017, 05:13 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 252 (100%+)

Exactly what we have. I've also found for speed runs the hcg handls more speed before a blowover than an lcg.
Old 07-17-2017, 10:06 AM
Tech Regular

One of my tracks is high traction clay, and the other is loose dirt.
The Loose dirt we are allowed to run Kumhos, and BF Goodrich tires.
I tried the strickly stock tires and they are too hard, those hard tires are for outdoors.
The hard packed clay track is open tires, so we can run anything we want!
Old 07-21-2017, 03:37 PM
Tech Initiate

Default 2wd Slash problems. Again!

Y'all were so helpful when I was installing my Velineon system in the Slash. So I thought I'd stop back and pick your brain again!

So I did the Velineon upgrade. I got proline shocks, the protrac kit, 2.8 trenchers, rpm caster blocks and turn buckles or whatever they're called lol.

I cannot find a good gearing. But I won't start another gearing thread! I tried 19/90, 17/90, 23/90, 19/86 and 23/86 and they were either too slow or got too hot. I run wide open 90% of the time... But anyway.......

There is a severe wobble. Everything looks okay except the rear tires have a severe toe in. Is that normal? I'm not crazy about the trenchers on pavement. Yes they hook great, but they seem too soft and balloon a lot!

Today I cracked the bulkhead and broke a proline control arm, but it was wobbly before that. The body shakes extremely bad at high speed and gets worse when you let off the trigger. What should I be looking for here? What could be bent? I've bashed the crap out of this thing!

I can upload pics if the site will allow me to. Thanks in advance for any help. Or feel free to tell me I'm an idiot. Haha
Old 07-21-2017, 05:26 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Gpitty
Y'all were so helpful when I was installing my Velineon system in the Slash. So I thought I'd stop back and pick your brain again!

So I did the Velineon upgrade. I got proline shocks, the protrac kit, 2.8 trenchers, rpm caster blocks and turn buckles or whatever they're called lol.

I cannot find a good gearing. But I won't start another gearing thread! I tried 19/90, 17/90, 23/90, 19/86 and 23/86 and they were either too slow or got too hot. I run wide open 90% of the time... But anyway.......

There is a severe wobble. Everything looks okay except the rear tires have a severe toe in. Is that normal? I'm not crazy about the trenchers on pavement. Yes they hook great, but they seem too soft and balloon a lot!

Today I cracked the bulkhead and broke a proline control arm, but it was wobbly before that. The body shakes extremely bad at high speed and gets worse when you let off the trigger. What should I be looking for here? What could be bent? I've bashed the crap out of this thing!

I can upload pics if the site will allow me to. Thanks in advance for any help. Or feel free to tell me I'm an idiot. Haha
We gear for whatever track we're at, so the truck tops out at the end of the longest straight. Slashes come with 3 degrees of rear toe in. We've never broken a Protrac arm. We use aluminum bulkheads, but someone on another forum reviewed the RPM bulkhead and liked it.
Old 07-21-2017, 05:37 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I believe the protrac kit adds an additional degree of toe-in on the rear. So 4 degrees? Post a pic if you can.
Old 07-21-2017, 05:47 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by bubbaslash
We gear for whatever track we're at, so the truck tops out at the end of the longest straight. Slashes come with 3 degrees of rear toe in. We've never broken a Protrac arm. We use aluminum bulkheads, but someone on another forum reviewed the RPM bulkhead and liked it.
Yeah that sounds about right on the toe. Not sure why it became wobbly all of a sudden. I was gonna order an aluminum bulkhead. Proline is awesome, even though it was my fault it broke, they're send me out a new arm!

But thanks for the reply. Since my thread was moved and I don't really feel like digging to find it in a general Slash thread, I'll just figure it out on my own or maybe try the Traxxas forum.
Old 07-21-2017, 05:48 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by tsair
I believe the protrac kit adds an additional degree of toe-in on the rear. So 4 degrees? Post a pic if you can.
Yeah I remember hearing that, but it looks excessive to me
Old 11-14-2017, 11:25 AM
Tech Champion

A while ago I saw someone stretch a traxxas 2wd slash and make a 1/5 or 1/6 sized buggy out of it.

My question is, can I shorten the slash 2wd lcg chassis a little bit if I switch to smaller battery. Part of me thought a stampede 2wd chassis might work for what I want, but I don't think they make lcg version.
Old 11-14-2017, 05:18 PM
a1
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

could you use a foam block to take up the extra space with the smaller battery?
Old 11-14-2017, 05:33 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by a1
could you use a foam block to take up the extra space with the smaller battery?
I would like the whole chassis shorter, close to stampede wheelbase
Old 11-14-2017, 07:16 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 168 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dave_S
I would like the whole chassis shorter, close to stampede wheelbase
So basically, you want the length of a Rustler chassis.

Just use a Rustler chassis.
Dave_S likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.