Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree31Likes

Traxxas 2wd Slash Thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2011, 07:35 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

sweet thanks. good luck with your first race!

Originally Posted by TIZAO
I would reccomend that you contact your LOCAL track the place you want to race at.... different tracks have different classes and rules.... I went to my LHS where i want to race and told them my situation (much similar to you) and they told me best class to race.... I believe the motor you ordered will be quite faster than your velineon but I am not postitive....

GL with your first race... I am ordering my motor next week then once I get some lipos I will be doing my first off road race!
Old 08-14-2011, 11:12 AM
Tech Rookie

Was in my first ever short course event today. What great sport really enjoyed it. Anyway, Used my Traxxas slash as it came out of the box.

Beginning of the day it was handling fine. Well ok, it was handling fine for someone who had never raced off-road before. As the day wore on and the bigger cars had run the track was getting more and more grip. This was causing me to roll the car at a few of the faster corners. I adjusted my driving style which compensated for a lot of this but it would still catch me out if i was not ready for it.

The work around for me was to remove all the stoppers on the rear springs(Sorry not sure of the real name) which dropped the back right down and leave the front raised on a couple of the stoppers. This gave the car a unique look but gave me back the handling.

So first day of short course racing. 3 Qualifying races and two 14 car finals and i finished in 3rd overall for the day.

So overall a great day racing a surprisingly good result. The Traxxas slash 2wd held up well against the competition even with its stock tyres. a great package.
Old 08-14-2011, 12:33 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

WOW 3rd Overall!!! ^ Way to go!!!
Old 08-14-2011, 12:38 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by TIZAO
WOW 3rd Overall!!! ^ Way to go!!!
Thank you. I think staying out of trouble was the key to that in the finals.
Old 08-14-2011, 12:43 PM
Tech Addict

Usually is.... lol do you feel like your going to change anything on the truck? If so what? and why...
Old 08-14-2011, 01:49 PM
Tech Rookie

I think i will swap the suspension to something a bit more adjustable. So i can at least try other set-ups. I should probably change the rear tyres to something more gripping. This was the advice i was getting at the track.

Personally i would like to get the car lower as the ride height does give it a tendency to roll. But it also makes me work on the lines for the corners which in turn makes me quicker. So i will leave that for the time being.

But by watching and trying to follow the leaders, i can see that just improving my driving style should be able to get my average lap time down 2 or 3 seconds.

So i think i will probably race once or twice more as is before i make any changes. The 2WD Cars and off road tracks is a beautiful combination. Makes for some fun and close racing but not very forgiving of mistakes.

p.s. sorry forgot to ask, how are you finding your slash?
Old 08-14-2011, 07:39 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Smallshinyant
How are you finding your slash?
I am ordering my motor this week... and then I have to find some lipos... then she will be rdy for her virgin race...
Old 08-14-2011, 11:34 PM
Tech Adept

i'm getting the proline protrac and the strc lcg kit. i suppose now it isnt a slash anymore though as everything on the chassis is now not a slash haha but that makes them really good.

i'm bloody happy with how it handles stock standard on a rough track with some big ruts, so if it gets better with the mods i'm gonna love it.

bad news is where i live it snowed 15cm last night so i think this weekends racing is off!

well done with your efforts last weekend. cant beat turning heads with stock gear!

I'm currently looking at getting a sealed diff, a bit more positive feeling with both rear feet I think could really improve the stock slash.
Old 08-14-2011, 11:42 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 112 (100%+)

Did anybody at nats this weekend get any spy photos of Travis Amezcuas' slash? I heard it was a pretty sweet conversion.
Old 08-15-2011, 12:26 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Punter69
i'm getting the proline protrac and the strc lcg kit. i suppose now it isnt a slash anymore though as everything on the chassis is now not a slash haha but that makes them really good.

i'm bloody happy with how it handles stock standard on a rough track with some big ruts, so if it gets better with the mods i'm gonna love it.

bad news is where i live it snowed 15cm last night so i think this weekends racing is off!

well done with your efforts last weekend. cant beat turning heads with stock gear!

I'm currently looking at getting a sealed diff, a bit more positive feeling with both rear feet I think could really improve the stock slash.
Sounds like perfect weather for the Slash what is the "proline protrac and the strc lcg kit" and what does it do?
Old 08-15-2011, 12:49 AM
Tech Adept

protrac is widens and lcg lowers, search ol google its all there.

Originally Posted by Smallshinyant
Sounds like perfect weather for the Slash what is the "proline protrac and the strc lcg kit" and what does it do?
Old 08-15-2011, 02:05 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Punter69
protrac is widens and lcg lowers, search ol google its all there.
Thanks for that. Looks like it would improve the cornering no end. Think i will stick as is for a few races as i have to say the tendency to roll was really making me work at being smooth through the corners. If i can learn to be smooth and then run the LGC kit i think my times would improve greatly.
Old 08-15-2011, 07:47 PM
Tech Rookie

Default ????????

I have a serious problem with my 2wd slash which almost cost me the truck itself. As soon as it gets about 20FT. away it starts turning or going full throttle. I have no idea what could be causing this. Help would be much appreciated.
Thanks.
Old 08-15-2011, 07:59 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by kingpin23
I have a serious problem with my 2wd slash which almost cost me the truck itself. As soon as it gets about 20FT. away it starts turning or going full throttle. I have no idea what could be causing this. Help would be much appreciated.
Thanks.
Do you have the AM setup? Sounds like the radio is glitching. Reset all dials and reprogram your ESC... if you dont know how to you can find the answer at traxxas.com I found a PDF there the other day! If you reset your controler and you reprogram your esc the issue should go away!
Old 08-21-2011, 08:23 AM
Tech Initiate

@Chadly what battery do you run in your Slash with the Velineon system? I have the brushed version and Im ordering the Velineon ESC and motor.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.