Search
Like Tree31Likes

Traxxas 2wd Slash Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2016, 10:00 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DennisNyholm
Hmm, ok. What is the stock spur since that is all I have? I do have a 30, 31, 32, and 33 pinion I could try (though I'm not sure the motor can move enough).
Stock spur is 90t. Rustler spur is a 86t. 83t is available as an option part
Old 05-10-2016, 10:25 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bubbaslash
Stock spur is 90t. Rustler spur is a 86t. 83t is available as an option part
Great thanks. I think there is an option spur in the bag it came with. An 86 iirc. I'll try that first before purchasing an 83t at the hobby store
Old 05-10-2016, 01:16 PM
Tech Adept

What's the link between Traxxas and Pro Line? Is a Pro 2 a complete car (obviously minus electronics), or does it still require a Slash donor?
Old 05-10-2016, 08:06 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by loaba
What's the link between Traxxas and Pro Line? Is a Pro 2 a complete car (obviously minus electronics), or does it still require a Slash donor?
Pro 2 sc is a complete car in itself. Many slash parts swap over. But the pro2 sc is a better car for racing. There is also a slash proline LCG upgrade which will upgrade the slash to an LCG with proline parts. I'd recommend just going proline kit it's better then upgrading. The proline kit doesn't really need any upgrades except for maybe an aluminum steering rack if you're gonna race. If you think the slash is tough, try the pro2 and you'll be amazed. It's even more durable then the slash and you won't really have to upgrade anything. The pro2 is good box stock.
Old 05-10-2016, 11:00 PM
Tech Addict

Proline got to the point where they made an upgrade part to replace every part of a Slash. So they decided to offer it all as a kit. The kit is a bargain compared to buying all the parts separately. I built someone a Pro2 piece by piece a few years ago and it cost a fortune
Old 05-11-2016, 02:19 AM
Tech Adept

Old 05-11-2016, 07:25 AM
Tech Adept

So a Slash kit does exist after all, it's just not made by Traxxas. I've looked over the Pro 2 and I see where they're pricey (as compares to AE), but they do look good. Come to think of it, whenever I see a wall of Traxxas parts at the LHS, they also have a wall of Pro Line stuff... Coincidence? I think not...
Old 05-11-2016, 07:43 AM
Tech Regular

I still race my slash in stock slash class, we allow the blue LCG chassis.
A nice inexpensive class compared to everything else.
I bought the Robby Gordon edition that's black with the SUV type body on it with a wing.
Only aluminum upgrades I have on my truck is red aluminum shock caps and blue aluminum wheel hexes.
RPM front bearing carriers.
Old 05-11-2016, 09:14 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by bmag5000
I still race my slash in stock slash class, we allow the blue LCG chassis.
A nice inexpensive class compared to everything else.
I bought the Robby Gordon edition that's black with the SUV type body on it with a wing.
Only aluminum upgrades I have on my truck is red aluminum shock caps and blue aluminum wheel hexes.
RPM front bearing carriers.
Aluminum caster blocks are a must if your class permits them. The plastic ones will either flex, bending the king pin, or break altogether.
Old 05-11-2016, 11:57 PM
Tech Adept

So a Slash kit does exist after all, it's just not made by Traxxas. I've looked over the Pro 2 and I see where they're pricey (as compares to AE), but they do look good. Come to think of it, whenever I see a wall of Traxxas parts at the LHS, they also have a wall of Pro Line stuff... Coincidence? I think not...
A Traxxas Slash kit does not exist

If you are talking about Pro-Line having it's own vehicle called a PRO-MT or 2, than that is available as a kit. It is not a Traxxas Slash
Old 05-12-2016, 12:04 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by jimbo74
A Traxxas Slash kit does not exist

If you are talking about Pro-Line having it's own vehicle called a PRO-MT or 2, than that is available as a kit. It is not a Traxxas Slash
Nope, it's an "almost optimized" version of a fully-upgraded Slash, in kit form.
Old 05-12-2016, 12:07 AM
Tech Addict

Thumbs up

"Totally optimized" is a scratch build starting with a Chuckworks Slice A6 mid motor chassis and a lot of engineering, with only a handful of Traxxas parts
Old 05-12-2016, 01:39 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by bubbaslash
Nope, it's an "almost optimized" version of a fully-upgraded Slash, in kit form.
I know this, but loabo said it's a slash kit... which it is not
Old 05-12-2016, 06:12 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by jimbo74
I know this, but loabo said it's a slash kit... which it is not
That's not what I said - at all.

If Pro Line basically apes Traxxas geometry in the form of upgraded parts for the Slash and then releases a kit with all those parts, while the kit is not a Slash kit per se, it's the closest thing you're ever going to find to one.

/ and it's loaba, with an A.

Last edited by loaba; 05-12-2016 at 06:25 AM.
Old 05-12-2016, 09:10 PM
Tech Addict

That's not what I said - at all.

If Pro Line basically apes Traxxas geometry in the form of upgraded parts for the Slash and then releases a kit with all those parts, while the kit is not a Slash kit per se, it's the closest thing you're ever going to find to one.

/ and it's loaba, with an A.
Semantics. Hey guys, we're all doing our own thing based on a platform that the "real racers" don't consider worthy. And some times we kick their butts. We're on the same team, just going about it in some different ways. No harm, no foul

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.