Traxxas 2wd Slash Thread >

Traxxas 2wd Slash Thread

Like Tree21Likes

Traxxas 2wd Slash Thread

Old 02-01-2012, 03:32 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bowl806 View Post
The stock shocks are fine but you could try putting 50wt in the shocks.The Big Bores or aluminum shock caps are one of those things you need for sure.
Yeah. I've got alum shock caps. I was made to handle better then stock and be a basher but now I want to turn it more into a racer.

I'll get some 50wt for the rears and see how they go. Thanks!
Old 02-01-2012, 04:45 PM
Tech Rookie

what are some good upgrades to make my slash more "racey"
i already have rpm hubs all around
rpm arms
brushless system
hi tec servo
proline bow ties at the back
and thats it... what else can i do to make it more racey?
Old 02-01-2012, 05:43 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by SPOOLIN1022 View Post
rpm arms
brushless system
hi tec servo
LCG conversion?
Old 02-02-2012, 06:30 AM
Tech Addict

Anyone know why this "Official 2WD Slash" thread only has 212 posts in it whereas the Slash 4x4 thread has over 4000?

I can't imagine that big of a disparity since the Slash is like the defacto starter SCT out there.

Was there another "Official" thread before this one?
Old 02-02-2012, 09:13 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 07Forester View Post
What's everyone using for gearing on the stock motor for racing?
Depends on what kind of surface you are racing on.
Old 02-02-2012, 11:07 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (93%+)

Check out ANZA RC......they just released a bunch of product for the Slash!
Old 02-02-2012, 12:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

I had the oppurtunity to race a Slash that had a home-made LCG chassis made from a Thundertiger Buggy. With a 17.5 Tekin that thing moves!! It is heavier but getting hit doesn't have near the effects.. However, if you drive like me where it is full throttle or nothing, you'll burn the rear tires off it.....

If you have a Thundertiger sitting around collecting dust, make a LCG kit out of it!
Old 02-02-2012, 06:52 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SPOOLIN1022 View Post
rpm arms
brushless system
hi tec servo
Best upgrades would be Protrac kit with Proline or 4wd slash steering setup. The RPM arms are nice but don't do much for performance but rather durability.
Old 02-05-2012, 11:28 AM
Tech Rookie

Default tranny question

What diff fluid should I use? I'm tearing down the tranny on my Slash 2wd VXL after 30 packs or so of run time. I've searched this on the net and have found more answers than I care to list. I run on my small backyard track in loose to hard sand mixed with peat moss.
Old 02-07-2012, 01:30 AM
Tech Rookie

Questions?? Tire question?

OK, so i have hopped up my 2WD Slash with a SV2 5700kv kit, Proline 2.8" Trencher tires on the back with bead locks and a very cool looking VW Baja body. Using a 3-cell is total insanity so i've stuck with a 2-cell 30C Lipo. I can do wheelies on demand with a 16T/90 gearing.

Being that it's a 2WD i never though it important to change the front tires but Iím finding that i flip over alot during turns. My questions is this... Other than suspension mods, what Proline tires would you recommend that would help powersliding on asphalt vs gripping and cause a tumble?

The stock tires are already "Medium" or "M2" right? So is my next step Firm tires with less bite? Does anyone know what is the most narrow tires/rims i can find (preferably Proline) for the front. Or should i be going wider in the front as well like the "Streetfighter 2.8"

Also, being that most parts from the Stampede fit on the Slash, does anyone know if the "Proline PowerStroke Shock Kit" will fit on my Slash?

Any help is appreciated!!!
Attached Thumbnails Traxxas 2wd Slash Thread-imag0763.jpg   Traxxas 2wd Slash Thread-imag0764.jpg  
Old 02-08-2012, 12:10 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

For you guys who think the suspension is a bit "spongey" (don't we all) I stumbled upon a cheap/ideal fix... The DTX green (firm) EVADER EXT springs are a direct fit onto the slash shocks... Had some extra ones laying around in my DTX parts box and figured I'd give it a try... Mine handles like a dream now and doesn't have 17 of those unsightly spring spacers anymore!!! Just toss em in and enjoy! Tower has them readily available and for not much $$$.. Some of your LHS may carry them as well (not mine though)... I'm experimenting with spring upgrades on the 1/16 merv as well.. If I come across anything that works well I'll share that as well... If any of you are also an owner of one of those little guys...
Old 02-18-2012, 11:24 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

i got a traxxas slash 2wd i am wondering what some good options for motors for it would be. i have a castle 1406-1y 4600kv motor & a castle cm36-5700kv motor. would 1 of those two motors be a good motor for my 2wd slash?
Old 02-18-2012, 11:01 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jap71173 View Post
OK, so i have hopped up my 2WD Slash with a SV2 5700kv kit, Proline 2.8" Trencher tires on the back with bead locks and a very cool looking VW Baja body. Using a 3-cell is total insanity so i've stuck with a 2-cell 30C Lipo. I can do wheelies on demand with a 16T/90 gearing.

Being that it's a 2WD i never though it important to change the front tires but Iím finding that i flip over alot during turns. My questions is this... Other than suspension mods, what Proline tires would you recommend that would help powersliding on asphalt vs gripping and cause a tumble?

The stock tires are already "Medium" or "M2" right? So is my next step Firm tires with less bite? Does anyone know what is the most narrow tires/rims i can find (preferably Proline) for the front. Or should i be going wider in the front as well like the "Streetfighter 2.8"

Also, being that most parts from the Stampede fit on the Slash, does anyone know if the "Proline PowerStroke Shock Kit" will fit on my Slash?

Any help is appreciated!!!
does anyone know if the "Proline PowerStroke Shock Kit" will fit on my Slash?

they do on mine and I love them, 50wt oil in all 4 corners for a big jump track we race on.
Old 02-18-2012, 11:05 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by darryl80 View Post
i got a traxxas slash 2wd i am wondering what some good options for motors for it would be. i have a castle 1406-1y 4600kv motor & a castle cm36-5700kv motor. would 1 of those two motors be a good motor for my 2wd slash?
Both should work fine but I'd go for the lower KV especially since it's a 4 pole motor. Plus, it'll probably run cooler.
Old 02-20-2012, 01:03 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RatsacK View Post
Well, I'm having trouble setting my Slash up and was wondering if anyone had any tips for me. I think my main problem is the stock rear shocks. I have a Slash 2WD with the STRC LCG conversion, RPM all round, and 17mm HEX conversion. I'm running a 4-pole 3900KV motor and Ezrun 60A ESC if that matters.

Has anyone got any suggestions on new shocks or the best stock shock setup? The rears just seem hard to setup and seem too soft (or something?).
When I ran stock slash, I ran 60 in front and 70 in the rear, and it felt real good. I did the strc conversion and searched for a 2 weeks for the right combo. I'm now at 25 frt and 30 in the rear with big bore shocks and and using the standard white weigth springs. wouldnt have considered it before, but its planted. smooth indoor track. Super soft rebars in front and rear! 10.5 motor and it scoots real well. Probably going to 8.5 or 7.5 now that this works so well!

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service