Kyosho MP9

Old 07-03-2011, 09:45 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Kyosho MP9

Im considering buying this chassis for my 2nd car. Although I could use a Nitro car, I could transplant my electronics into a roller Kyosho MP9.

I was wondering what the plus's and cons for going with this chassis over my current Losi 8ight 2.0 would be?

THe Losi 8ight handles GREAT, but I see kyosho's mp9 winning IFMAR championships and it makes me wonder if its a better chassis I should be going with.

I looked at one today and its hubs were so beefy along with several other parts, that it made me wonder if it was a better chassis to be working with.
Old 07-03-2011, 10:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JimmyS1985
Im considering buying this chassis for my 2nd car. Although I could use a Nitro car, I could transplant my electronics into a roller Kyosho MP9.

I was wondering what the plus's and cons for going with this chassis over my current Losi 8ight 2.0 would be?

THe Losi 8ight handles GREAT, but I see kyosho's mp9 winning IFMAR championships and it makes me wonder if its a better chassis I should be going with.

I looked at one today and its hubs were so beefy along with several other parts, that it made me wonder if it was a better chassis to be working with.
The Kyosho is top of the line quality. Honestly, any of the top buggies are good. Your Losi more than likely has better parts support as well. Both the Losi and the Kyosho are competitive. I've seen this said many times on the forum and couldn't agree more: Don't buy a car based on the races it's winning. A lot of that has to do with the driver too! Not saying the Kyosho isn't a great vehicle. It is, but your Losi is still very capable and as mentioned will more than likely have better parts support.
Old 07-03-2011, 11:56 PM
Tech Regular

Well thats the thing, if I pick up a Kyosho MP9, I could race with my Losi 8ight 2.0 while I wait for parts.

Parts availability and support is a huge part of buying a car, but I figure Id just buy 2 of everything I break and be my own parts supplier instead of relying on my own RC LHS.

There is a guy around here, he looks no older than 16, and hes got a sponsorship for his Kyosho MP9. Im not as good of a driver as him but as I get better at driving, parts support isn't as crucial at keeping me on the track.

Don't get me wrong, you made a great point for why not for a novice to go with the Kyosho MP9, but if I become skilled at driving where breaking parts is a rare thing, I could probably just order 2 of everything I break and possibly bypass the LHS altogether.

Thanks for your input though, I will hold onto my Losi 8ight 2.0, regardless of what I decide.
Old 07-04-2011, 01:53 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Both are great kits. I have an MP9 and love it. It's hard to beat Kyosho quality.
Old 07-05-2011, 05:04 PM
Tech Regular

Bump for a cool chassis without its own thread.

Id like to know what the rctech communitys' consensus is on this chassis before I purchase it.
Old 07-05-2011, 05:12 PM
Tech Master

Id like to know what the rctech communitys' consensus is on this chassis before I purchase it.
Top notch chassis. I prefer the Mugen but Kyosho is known for their quality and the MP9 is top of the line. Part support is huge thing to consider. I would look into getting a used roller as a parts car and buy anything you break at a later time.
Old 07-05-2011, 09:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Oh there's a huge and very active thread dedicated to the MP9 here.
Old 08-08-2011, 02:02 PM
Tech Rookie

sorry to be a noob but ima get a 4wd buggy is thr mp9e worth it or is the inferno ve race spec good?