Wiki Posts
Search

How to install Ball Bearings =D

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2011, 09:23 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default How to install Ball Bearings =D

Hey guys, i just ordered Avid bearings and i want to know how to install them when i get them. Can someone give me step by step instructions on how to install them? Would i also have to oil them before i install them?This is the bearing i ordered if it helps http://www.avidrc.com/product/8/metr...-bearings.html Thanks in Advance

Last edited by I Wheelie A LOT; 06-23-2011 at 09:35 PM.
Old 06-23-2011, 09:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Pop old bearings out... pop new bearings in.
Old 06-24-2011, 04:35 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

go back to that exploded view of your Pede I linked you. As you can see from the drawing your bearings (or bushings) are in the hub where the front axle comes through. You will remove the wheel, then let the axle pin slide out of the axle. From there the axle should come out and your hub or bearing carrier will have nothing in it but the bushings/bearings. You can use a hex driver to push them out. Keep in mind you will be pushing the INSIDE bearing out from the outside and the OUTSIDE bearing will be pushed out from the INSIDE. Once they pop out, or even fall out as bushings aren't usually tight, you simply install the new avid bearings with the metal shield towards the center of the bearing carrier and the rubber side facing "out" to protect it from dirt and debris better.

Another thing to mention.. always willing to help here but, Years ago when I had a stampede and a few rustlers I was very active on the traxxas forums. They had a nice following and plenty of good idea's for keeping the Pede in top shape. Check out their forum as well as all the information will be geared directly for the truck you own. I'm not pushing you away, just giving you another avenue for information.
Old 06-24-2011, 11:52 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by eri3f0g
go back to that exploded view of your Pede I linked you. As you can see from the drawing your bearings (or bushings) are in the hub where the front axle comes through. You will remove the wheel, then let the axle pin slide out of the axle. From there the axle should come out and your hub or bearing carrier will have nothing in it but the bushings/bearings. You can use a hex driver to push them out. Keep in mind you will be pushing the INSIDE bearing out from the outside and the OUTSIDE bearing will be pushed out from the INSIDE. Once they pop out, or even fall out as bushings aren't usually tight, you simply install the new avid bearings with the metal shield towards the center of the bearing carrier and the rubber side facing "out" to protect it from dirt and debris better.

Another thing to mention.. always willing to help here but, Years ago when I had a stampede and a few rustlers I was very active on the traxxas forums. They had a nice following and plenty of good idea's for keeping the Pede in top shape. Check out their forum as well as all the information will be geared directly for the truck you own. I'm not pushing you away, just giving you another avenue for information.
My axle pin seems to be stuck...Is there a way to get it out?