R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road-4/)
-   -   Looking for a new basher (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road/526304-looking-new-basher.html)

nastety92 06-23-2011 07:29 AM

Looking for a new basher

I have a good friend who has a Slash 4x4 and is looking for another vehicle that is more off road capable.

He really likes his slash and it has been very good for hime. He's been pretty hard on it and has barely broken a thing.

We were out the other day messing around and I had my brushless D8T. He saw what a bigger truck could do on rougher surfaces and now wants one for himself.

He's looking for 1/10-1/8th scale Monster truck or Truggy that is very forgiving and can handle a hard day of bashing.
Electric
Brushless
4WD
Fairly Easy to work on

What do you guys recommend??

My first thought was a HPI Savage Flux.

Thanks for the help,
Nick

ilanstylz 06-23-2011 07:46 AM

Go with your first thought, the flux can take a beating and keep on going...... Yes any rc will break at any given time, but I've seen the flux in action and it is insanely fast out of the box and my friend was beating the crap out of it...

lowroad 06-23-2011 07:46 AM

if he likes that slash so much, why not get a 4X4 stampede and keep it all in the family?

Kylar 06-23-2011 07:51 AM

Does he have a price range? The Flux is a good choice, but you'll be at $700 easy after getting batteries.

I've heard good things about the stampede 4x4. Depending how good he is at building them a nitro conversion would be a good choice too. The lst2/xxl makes a great basher and handles well. Or a 1/8 truggy like yours would also be a good choice.

nastety92 06-23-2011 08:25 AM

Originally Posted by Kylar (Post 9295471)
Does he have a price range? The Flux is a good choice, but you'll be at $700 easy after getting batteries.

I've heard good things about the stampede 4x4. Depending how good he is at building them a nitro conversion would be a good choice too. The lst2/xxl makes a great basher and handles well. Or a 1/8 truggy like yours would also be a good choice.

He said his price range is $300-400 to start. I think that will not get him everything but it's a good place to start.

I think I'm going to look into a good used roller for him and go from there.

Thanks for the help guys, I appreicate it.

Nick

per4m28 06-23-2011 08:55 AM

Flux....great basher.

BashemSmashem 06-23-2011 09:26 AM

Originally Posted by lowroad (Post 9295449)
if he likes that slash so much, why not get a 4X4 stampede and keep it all in the family?

Agreed , his batteries will work and a lot of his spare parts will work on both trucks .

Or he could get some different wheels and a different body for the Slash and give it more clearance for rougher offroad terrain , its been done dozens of times and seems to work as good as the Stampede 4x4 .

I also have an E REVO that for me has been a great truck and it can take a beating and I have had very few breakages .

nastety92 06-23-2011 10:06 AM

Originally Posted by BashemSmashem (Post 9295854)
Agreed , his batteries will work and a lot of his spare parts will work on both trucks .

Or he could get some different wheels and a different body for the Slash and give it more clearance for rougher offroad terrain , its been done dozens of times and seems to work as good as the Stampede 4x4 .

I also have an E REVO that for me has been a great truck and it can take a beating and I have had very few breakages .

Has anyone converted a Slash 4x4 into a Monster truck with 17mm wheel adaptors? I've seen a few threads talking about doing it but no one with real world experience.

Thanks again guys,
Nick