Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2wd short course, each trucks pluses and minuses

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2011, 08:03 PM
Tech Regular

Default 2wd short course, each trucks pluses and minuses

i am getting a 2wd to race and need to know what each trucks minuses and pluses are for how they handle on the track.

the trucks i am looking at are the Blitz ESE, Kyosho SC-R and SC10 FT.

i am leaning towards the Kyosho right now since it seems to be winning lots of races around the word.

thanks.
Old 06-19-2011, 08:29 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 82 (99%+)

the losi is a good looking truck on the track if you build it up with an mf2 st.

the new blitz pro ese is bad arse looking have not seen one run yet.. but its pretty much all the stuff we did to the blitz out of the box.

the kyosho scr is an ok truck you just need to get like a few 100 bucks worth of parts to finish the build right... the kit dose not come with rims tires or a body and big bores are worth the money for it.

the Tq racing truck i ran for the 1st time last night! truck was setup before i got it and it was hooked up! and performed great lots of steering great traction and an overall stout car.

the sc10 ft not much to say about it.. one of the best 2wd sc trucks on the market and probably always will be!
Old 06-19-2011, 08:38 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 112 (100%+)

Originally Posted by smokinu
the kyosho scr is an ok truck you just need to get like a few 100 bucks worth of parts to finish the build right... the kit dose not come with rims tires or a body and big bores are worth the money for it.
Really? I run mine box stock (kit SC-R) and its a DREAM to drive! I may do the big bores on my RT5 but not the SC-R, its fine as is. Yeah it doesn't come with wheels but which mfg has nice OEM wheels anyways? The body too... I take that back I did put the blue aluminum hexes on mine...
Old 06-19-2011, 08:39 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by RC demon
i am getting a 2wd to race and need to know what each trucks minuses and pluses are for how they handle on the track.

the trucks i am looking at are the Blitz ESE, Kyosho SC-R and SC10 FT.

i am leaning towards the Kyosho right now since it seems to be winning lots of races around the word.

thanks.
Get the Kyosho, you cant go wrong!
Old 06-19-2011, 08:40 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 82 (99%+)

Originally Posted by thecman26
Really? I run mine box stock (kit SC-R) and its a DREAM to drive! I may do the big bores on my RT5 but not the SC-R, its fine as is. Yeah it doesn't come with wheels but which mfg has nice OEM wheels anyways? The body too... I take that back I did put the blue aluminum hexes on mine...
im just going off what the fast K car guys say around at nor-cal hobbies. they are not fast for nothing.

actually i like hpi oem wheels!
Old 06-20-2011, 12:51 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by smokinu
im just going off what the fast K car guys say around at nor-cal hobbies. they are not fast for nothing.

actually i like hpi oem wheels!
Really? Well out here in the midwest the kyosho guys usually run 'em stock with one or two hop-ups. The guys I have seen around here are fast. They could drive anything and be fast, say a brushless pizza box for example!

The HPI wheels are nice? Cool!
I just buy the DE Racing wheels, they look good and are bulletproof!
Old 06-20-2011, 05:02 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 109 (100%+)

We just did a 2wd shootout over at www.rcsoup.com

It may not be 100% what you are looking for because we tested used RTR models (not the pro level kits you mentioned)..
Old 06-20-2011, 05:44 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

is the new SC10 RS RTR or the SC10 FT a better option for racing. I have the SC10 4WD but I am thinking of getting a 2WD SC to mess around with at the track and hopefully get a chance to race it.
Old 06-20-2011, 05:53 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

I'm a big kyosho fan, and it started because i bought the sc-r. It is more expensive than the other ones but you won't be disappointed. the parts stay tight for a long time, it turns, it has great rear traction and the shocks soak up anything with ease. there are a few weak links but they are easily fixable for a few more bucks.

I have driven all of the other trucks except the tq truck and it would probably be the only other one i would consider. I have heard good things from everyone who has driven it and the comes with a bunch of aluminum right out of the box.
Old 06-20-2011, 08:09 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cyric
is the new SC10 RS RTR or the SC10 FT a better option for racing. I have the SC10 4WD but I am thinking of getting a 2WD SC to mess around with at the track and hopefully get a chance to race it.
Of those two, the FT is better for racing than the RTR.

Back to the original question, I have the SC10FT and if I had to buy a new 2wd SC truck right now, it'd be the Kyosho. I've since had a couple chances to drive the K-truck and compared to my SC10FT, it soaks up rough stuff and just jumps better. On flat level corners, it's a draw and my lap times are generally comparable to the Kyosho's on the track but when driving a Kyosho, I never approached a jump wondering how the truck was going to fly this time instead of worrying about the next corner after the jump.

On top of that, I've seen SC-R's with dozens of rate dates on them that have less play in the suspension than my SC10 did out of the box.

I went with the SC10FT over the SC-R because of the Kyosho's "sticker shock", i.e., stuff like a pair of springs costing nearly as much as a whole AE set. But, for a racer, knowing what I know now, I'd say the cost difference is worth it.

Last edited by MarkA; 06-20-2011 at 08:21 AM. Reason: Typos