Wiki Posts
Search

RC8Be setup

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2011, 11:34 AM
Tech Rookie

Arrow RC8Be setup

Hi all,

I am new to the forum, and to the hobby. I have had a great time reading lots of inspiring post here at rctech.
I am about to order a RC8Be roller, and being new to the hobby I could use some recommendations as to how to properly fill it. For starters I have thought to put in the Mamba 2200Kv. I have read many good things about that motor. How would you more experienced folks say that that motor goes with the RC8Be?
I will be using it at all sorts of different sites, and not only at the track... not hardcore bashing, but it will see different types of ground.

thanks guys, and sorry for a slightly noob'ish question :-)

/Thonz
Old 06-06-2011, 11:51 PM
Tech Rookie

Red face hmm

Hmm... I guess that was too much of a newbie question for you guys to bother.
I will most likely go with that motor then.... www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXVHA5&P=ML

But hey, thanks for not flaming me
Old 06-07-2011, 12:10 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

That motor is a animal, should be awesome. I run a tekin Rx8/2050kv in my RC8BE and it's great. The 2200 is a all around great motor for the price, can't go wrong with it. Good luck!
Old 06-07-2011, 12:13 AM
Tech Apprentice

That's a great combo and will be awesome for bashing around among other things. Some may say it's a little overpowered for the track but I like lots-o-power! If you are primarily going to run on the track I would consider other options because there are other setups that will be better to drive (read: easier) on the track than that powerful 2200 monster.

The rc8be is a fantastic buggy. I love mine, it's durable, nimble and flat out fast. I only run my buggy on the track but I have an e revo with that 2200 mamba in it. When running that thing on 6s its ridiculousy fast and fun.

Btw, check out the rc8be thread in these forums. You will find a ton of helpful information and give you setup tips. Have fun and don't forget about a good quality servo. These buggies apppreciate a nice powerful, fast servo.
Old 06-07-2011, 12:15 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Thonz
Hmm... I guess that was too much of a newbie question for you guys to bother.
I will most likely go with that motor then.... www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXVHA5&P=ML

But hey, thanks for not flaming me
Settle down, you wait 18min and get upset because there are no replys quick enough. Lol! It's pretty much common knowledge that the 2200 is a beast! Not the most refined motor but a real power house. The 2200 would give you room to grow if you later wanted to run 5s or 6s for mind blowing power.
Old 06-07-2011, 06:30 AM
Tech Rookie

YAY... replies
I know that am a little impatient, I just can't wait to get started with the RC hobby...

But thanks guys for all the answers... It seems that the 2200 is a pretty safe bet...

What sort of runtimes could one expect with that motor? I suspect I would have to use 4S up in the range of 4-5000Mah to get enough playtime.

On the servo side of things; I have afeeling that Hitec makes some pretty decent servos. However, it's not the easiest task to pick the right one.. which one do you guys use?
Old 06-07-2011, 06:33 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

I know you said your getting an rc8 be, but if i were you id look at the mugen eco before making the dive.
Old 06-07-2011, 08:08 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Thonz
YAY... replies
I know that am a little impatient, I just can't wait to get started with the RC hobby...

But thanks guys for all the answers... It seems that the 2200 is a pretty safe bet...

What sort of runtimes could one expect with that motor? I suspect I would have to use 4S up in the range of 4-5000Mah to get enough playtime.

On the servo side of things; I have afeeling that Hitec makes some pretty decent servos. However, it's not the easiest task to pick the right one.. which one do you guys use?

I run the 2200 setup and it works great for racing. With a small amount of torque limiter setup I can go at least 12 mins at full race pace. That and after a 10 min main the hottest the motor has ever gotten was around 130 degrees. Thats with a 5000 mah pack running a 16 tooth pinion.