Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Serpent 811E Buggy Thread >

Serpent 811E Buggy Thread

Like Tree3Likes

Serpent 811E Buggy Thread

Old 02-15-2017, 04:18 PM
Tech Initiate

Hey Guys !

From what i have been told the new SRX8e is about to come out in April.
It should come with 2 battery layouts available!
Old 03-06-2017, 11:16 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

As much as I like my Serpents, I would like to go to a single battery layout, for the sake of simplicity of dealing with only one battery

On a side note, can you guys recommend oil weight + springs for general bashing? I've never raced, and my (used) cobra is way too soft it seems
Old 03-08-2017, 05:42 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by spawn_x
On a side note, can you guys recommend oil weight + springs for general bashing? I've never raced, and my (used) cobra is way too soft it seems
I say try out 550 oil with blue V2 springs in the front, and 400 with orange V2 springs in the back
Old 03-09-2017, 12:35 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Chad Millikan
I say try out 550 oil with blue V2 springs in the front, and 400 with orange V2 springs in the back
...Good, but it depends on which pistons are used, how many holes etc...
550/400 : i guess 8x1.2 ?
Old 02-10-2019, 01:42 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Nothing after 2017?
I need help please. I am running Tekin ESC with Trackstar 2100kv motor with SMC 5400mAh 90C batteries. 46/18 is the Spur and Pinion. I have ran these SMC batteries on my modified TC cars without any problem but since I started running them on this buggy they became swollen, a lot. Motor and ESCs don't seem hot much so what do you think could the reason?
Thanks.
Old 03-09-2019, 05:11 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

The buggy is much heavier than your touring car. It has a much higher load on the packs than before. The motor and esc are Tekin and will suck a ton of juice as needed without issue and your packs are the weak point.
Good luck!
Old 08-24-2020, 10:17 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default What style 2s lipos work?

Hello everyone.....I'm getting a 811-Be RTR. I ordered normal 2s lipo batteries with the + and - wires coming out of the top corner. Will these batteries work or do I need to get lipos with bullet connectors? Thanks
Old 08-25-2020, 04:10 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Hello everyone.....I'm getting a 811-Be RTR. I ordered normal 2s lipo batteries with the + and - wires coming out of the top corner. Will these batteries work or do I need to get lipos with bullet connectors? Thanks
As long as the wires are coming up from the top you should be fine.
Old 08-25-2020, 08:42 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Maxxingout
As long as the wires are coming up from the top you should be fine.
Thanks. I want to make this a club racer. How are the plastics on this buggy? I hope it was put together good from the factory. Any thing I should do to the buggy when I first get (like blue loctite anything?), Rebuild shocks or diffs? Are stripped out plastics from over tightening of screws a common thing from the factory? Does it use metric or standard hardware? Thanks
Old 08-25-2020, 10:29 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by jamsandolina
Thanks. I want to make this a club racer. How are the plastics on this buggy? I hope it was put together good from the factory. Any thing I should do to the buggy when I first get (like blue loctite anything?), Rebuild shocks or diffs? Are stripped out plastics from over tightening of screws a common thing from the factory? Does it use metric or standard hardware? Thanks
Welcome to the snake pit. I'm not sure how the plastics are on the shock caps and towers and such. But, I still drive my 811 ebuggy and it is perfectly fine. I've put this thing through the ringer. I would definitely go through the car and make sure it all set, and familiarize yourself with the car. Only thing I've ever had a issue with was the rear chassis brace that screws into the battery tray. The tray is soft plastic, so only screw those to where it touches. And the RX box screws are a 1.3mm that MIP has. Go into petit rc .com and check out some set ups for your type of track.
Old 08-25-2020, 10:51 AM
Tech Regular

Welcome to the snake pit. I'm not sure how the plastics are on the shock caps and towers and such. But, I still drive my 811 ebuggy and it is perfectly fine. I've put this thing through the ringer. I would definitely go through the car and make sure it all set, and familiarize yourself with the car. Only thing I've ever had a issue with was the rear chassis brace that screws into the battery tray. The tray is soft plastic, so only screw those to where it touches. And the RX box screws are a 1.3mm that MIP has. Go into petit rc .com and check out some set ups for your type of track.
Thanks for the advice. As far as I can tell and research, the aluminum is 7075 T6. Which is good. This isn't my first rc....but it is my first Serpent (only had 2wd 1/10 buggies). I've read somewhere that the set screws near diffs need loctite before running? Could someone show a pic of these set screws. I'll give the entire buggy the once over before I hit the track. Glad to be part of the snake pit.

Last edited by jamsandolina; 08-25-2020 at 11:13 AM.
Old 08-25-2020, 02:03 PM
dtr
Tech Master

Use blue or purple threadlock on all setscrews going into metal but first clean them with brake cleaner and wipe them clean to make sure there's no oily residue left on them.
Old 08-25-2020, 03:32 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by jamsandolina
I've read somewhere that the set screws near diffs need loctite before running? Could someone show a pic of these set screws. I'll give the entire buggy the once over before I hit the track. Glad to be part of the snake pit.

This set screw that hold the pinion onto the drive shaft
Old 08-25-2020, 03:45 PM
Tech Regular

This set screw that hold the pinion onto the drive shaft
So I will have to take apart the diffs then to get to these set screws??? What manual did you get these pics from so I can download it? What is the most common mip driver size used on this buggy? I have 1.5mm and 2.0mm mip drivers already. How are the tires on this buggy, any good for track use? Thanks
Old 08-25-2020, 06:47 PM
Tech Regular

Default Hobbywing program card and dragon RC wp-sc8 esc

Seeing that you can't get a Serpent esc program card (out of stock). Will the hobbywing program card work on the dragon RC wp-sc8 esc? I'm pretty sure the dragon esc is just a rebranded hobbywing ezrun sc8 esc. Has anyone attempted to do it or have done it? I really hate counting flashing lights, LoL.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.