Search
Like Tree3Likes

lcg chasis slash 4x4

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2013, 12:31 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by WYLDTHING
Okay..this is driving me crazy. Bought the new lcg 4x4 slash platinum. Pulled the electronics and sold them, and am working on putting my tekin 4000kv and orion r10 pro in it.

I couldn't get the old motor plate off the new motor before I sold it, so I bought another one tonight. Problem is, there seems to be no way that the tekin motor will bolt to the plate and still get close having the pinion reach the spur. The pinion is a 14 which is one tooth bigger than the stock one on the original motor, and I'm using the 54 tooth spur.

What gives??? Is there a different motor plate for this model? Everywhere I look I find that one that I bought is supposed to be right???

Anyone know anything about this???

Thanks!
I have a 4000 kv tekin 4 pole with a 13/50 gear split on one of my platinums with no problems.
The only thing that I can think of is that the tongue of the motor plate that sits near the middle of the chassis is not pushed in far enough. Because the tonge and the groove are so tight, you may think that it has gone as far as possible toward the center of the chassis, when in reality you have more room to move. Take the pinion off and pivot the motor plate back and forth within the groove over and over untill the motor moves closer to the centerline
Old 01-12-2013, 06:08 AM

Trader Rating: 159 (99%+)

Thanks for the help guys....Mystery solved...

I spoke with Traxxas yesterday in an attempt to get this figured out. The R. Shields guy I talked with was extremely rude! He didn't know what was going on, and kept insisting that my electronics were incompatible with the truck, or that I was doing something wrong.

After no help from him, it turns out that the new LCG chassis uses a different motor plate than the regular one, even though every place I looked listed it as the same part number.

NOT my favorite experience...wasting several hours of my time because of that type of stuff. Oh well.....now we know.
Old 01-12-2013, 07:29 PM
Tech Regular

I spoke with Traxxas yesterday in an attempt to get this figured out. The R. Shields guy I talked with was extremely rude! He didn't know what was going on, and kept insisting that my electronics were incompatible with the truck, or that I was doing something wrong.

After no help from him, it turns out that the new LCG chassis uses a different motor plate than the regular one, even though every place I looked listed it as the same part number.

NOT my favorite experience...wasting several hours of my time because of that type of stuff. Oh well.....now we know.
That is to bad. The traxxas folks i work with and race with are nothing but helpful and fun. Good bunch of folks there!
Old 01-13-2013, 09:19 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by BooBoo1.0
I would stay far away from the last one he Suggested
The New Traxxas Chassis is great with the new shocks....and is the lowest cost-option...BUT, it isnt dialed out the box...some changes are needed....cheap changes.....That would be a good option, too, BooBoo1.0
Old 01-13-2013, 09:29 PM
Tech Master

AHHHHHHH!!!! That is so frustrating!! So you had the ORIGINAL motor plate on a new chassis!! R Sheilds was no doubt confused, because I have never heard of someone trying to install the old motor mount on the new chassis. The old mount doesent fit exactly, so, its easy for someone to dismiss it on the phone, I think.....

Where did you look for the part number? The correct part number is clearly displayed in the new vehicles' parts list. All Traxxas documentation is available for free at Traxxas.com. If you had checked there, you would have seen exactly how many parts are different from truck to truck.
For your particular situation, it is a mute point, because there is a complete conversion Kit available and shipping shortly.
I will let R. Shields know that it was your mistake and that you apologize (lol....im messin with you)!
I will let him know, though...if you made that mistake, there must be at least a few more confused guys out there pulling their hair out!
Old 01-13-2013, 10:23 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Old motor plates won't work.

http://www.kingheads.com/product_inf...roducts_id=951

Gotta use the new ones for the Rally 4x4 & LCG Slash.
Old 01-13-2013, 10:39 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Happy Meal - BooBoo1.0 has a number of posts harassing me/SSC and the one you replied to above is one of them. His words have no technical/real merit as he most certainly does not have an SSC-kit and I highly doubt he owns an SC-truck. He's had issues with other folks in Florida and has been reported and kicked off this forum before. His name is Jimmy Cooper and he made some disturbing comments about folks I see at the local tracks. When I posted an objection to his childish statements, he turned his disturbed behavior towards me. He's been reported.....again albeit the moderator has not yet acted on his threatening and harassing posts.

Furyfinish...was the one seeking an lcg recommendation and I believe he meant an aftermarket brand.

Wyldthing - I've experienced my SSC chassis design badgered by a particular Traxxas employee after refusing to redesign a front battery block to accommodate their softpack batteries. I've also experienced that Traxxas employee express sour regards to ROAR-certifications addressing battery safety. As a result instead of sponsoring their drivers, I race against them . As a whole, Traxxas has done good things for this hobby. Unfortunately, certain people will say and do whatever they want with no regards to other companies, long established race authorities and/or people.

Last edited by SSCLCG.com; 01-13-2013 at 11:06 PM.
Old 01-21-2013, 06:20 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

hey happymeal have you ran any of the new traxxas lcg with gtr shocks? I just got one and im looking for a baseline suspension tuneup...im on a clay track with very high traction and slicks...
Old 01-22-2013, 10:12 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hey Mark I sent you an email through your website... Please check and get back with me

I just sent a PM too
Old 01-24-2013, 09:55 AM
Tech Regular

Cheryl Shiver (FB - RC Racing Action Shots Photography - rcrasp) has a way of capturing the most keeled over moments:
Old 03-05-2013, 07:38 AM
Tech Regular

Jimmy - get a life man, just get a life....
Old 03-05-2013, 08:18 AM

Trader Rating: 159 (99%+)

Originally Posted by Happy Meal
AHHHHHHH!!!! That is so frustrating!! So you had the ORIGINAL motor plate on a new chassis!! R Sheilds was no doubt confused, because I have never heard of someone trying to install the old motor mount on the new chassis. The old mount doesent fit exactly, so, its easy for someone to dismiss it on the phone, I think.....

Where did you look for the part number? The correct part number is clearly displayed in the new vehicles' parts list. All Traxxas documentation is available for free at Traxxas.com. If you had checked there, you would have seen exactly how many parts are different from truck to truck.
For your particular situation, it is a mute point, because there is a complete conversion Kit available and shipping shortly.
I will let R. Shields know that it was your mistake and that you apologize (lol....im messin with you)!
I will let him know, though...if you made that mistake, there must be at least a few more confused guys out there pulling their hair out!

Uhhhmmmm...the problem was that he was also looking up the motor plate, and telling me the wrong part number....lol. And then when I told him that I had already bought one of those and it wasn't working, that's when things went sour.....coming from his end, not mine.

I will let R. Shields know that it was your mistake and that you apologize"
You can tell him that if you wish, but don't give him the impression that it's coming from this customer. '

Oh, and I looked at several online distributors (including traxxas.com---must've been looking at the same thing he was???) for the number before calling, and, I was at a very notable hobby shop at the time that I called, and they didn't have the new part number or any info at the time, either.

But yes, no big deal now, as the mystery was solved. But it doesn't erase the memories I have of dealing with a 'sour' rep for Traxxas.

As a consolation prize, once I got it running, I loved the truck! And despite my experience, I would still buy another Traxxas.

Last edited by WYLDTHING; 03-07-2013 at 04:43 AM.
Old 03-05-2013, 10:47 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

I know I'm in the wrong thread, but there's not much action on the regular 4X4 thread. What is a good staring spot for spring rate (losi or AE springs) with the high center of gravity chassis for an indoor clay track. I've always ran my truck in a spec. class and this weekend I'm going to give it a whirl in a mod 4X4 class.
Old 03-14-2013, 07:27 AM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hi,
I am planning to finally change my stock esc and motor in my TRCE chassis! The Hobbywing sct pro esc looks like a good choice but for the motor I want a sensored 4-pole motor. The Tenshock SC411 and Hobbywing 3656SD seems to be the contenders. I guess are both equally in performance (?) but should I go for the 4000kv or 4600kv version and why?

/Daniel
Old 03-14-2013, 09:33 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pd_jansson
Hi,
I am planning to finally change my stock esc and motor in my TRCE chassis! The Hobbywing sct pro esc looks like a good choice but for the motor I want a sensored 4-pole motor. The Tenshock SC411 and Hobbywing 3656SD seems to be the contenders. I guess are both equally in performance (?) but should I go for the 4000kv or 4600kv version and why?

/Daniel
Can you get the 4600 and then buy the 4000 rotor if its too much powa? Rotor should be super cheap.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.