Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree3Likes

lcg chasis slash 4x4

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2012, 12:57 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Okay ,you made me to bey the PL arms, that will be my next part.

Can you tell something about my driving, or the setup, i posted the wideo few posts upper, is that driving fast for slash?
Old 03-21-2012, 01:51 PM
Tech Rookie

Any thoughts on running the Hazard sc10 4x4 +3mm offset wheels with the Protrac kit? For you have the kit, would the +3mm rims still fit under the body?

Last edited by augie walker; 05-13-2012 at 04:29 PM.
Old 03-21-2012, 07:17 PM
Tech Regular

@Marwell: Your driving was pretty good and your results speak for it
Old 03-22-2012, 02:48 AM
Tech Adept

So you think its all i can push from slash? Will it be wery hard to beat SC10 4x4?
Old 03-22-2012, 03:01 AM
Tech Regular

Well, it's skill. I don't see a problem if you're more skilled than the guy at the Tx of the SC10 4x4.
Old 03-22-2012, 06:01 AM
Tech Adept

I'm sure I'm not as good as they are
Old 03-22-2012, 07:34 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

You'd be very disappointed with an SC10 4x4..very disappointed..after having both I can honestly say the SSC Slash is a better SC..if you traded trucks with the guys beating you now they would really smoke you on the track with the Slash SSC, it's just a matter of getting the right set-up on the SSC. The SC10 is not a well thought out SC truck, the drivetrain is not very efficient, it's really a PITA to work on (unlike the slash)..the stock a arms warp, the stock slipper slips when you put some power in it, some 550 can motors won't fit without doing some mods (viper) the stock diffs are very prone to problems..I currently own 4 SC 4x4 trucks..out of all the ones I own the SC10 is at the bottom..I would rate my SSC (the way mine is set up) with my SCTE as far as performance on the track (lap times don't lie) goes.
Old 03-22-2012, 07:42 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Shark413
When using the zero offset wheels the track is almost the same as stock. If you use the stock wheels the track would be 10mm wider (5mm on each side).

You have a picture showing the stock wheels with body on?
Old 03-22-2012, 10:24 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Oasis
You'd be very disappointed with an SC10 4x4..very disappointed..after having both I can honestly say the SSC Slash is a better SC..if you traded trucks with the guys beating you now they would really smoke you on the track with the Slash SSC, it's just a matter of getting the right set-up on the SSC. The SC10 is not a well thought out SC truck, the drivetrain is not very efficient, it's really a PITA to work on (unlike the slash)..the stock a arms warp, the stock slipper slips when you put some power in it, some 550 can motors won't fit without doing some mods (viper) the stock diffs are very prone to problems..I currently own 4 SC 4x4 trucks..out of all the ones I own the SC10 is at the bottom..I would rate my SSC (the way mine is set up) with my SCTE as far as performance on the track (lap times don't lie) goes.
Then maybe you can share your setup?

Right now i'm going with 10k/50wt/5k diffs and 25wt shocks (sc10 4x4 ones) with bigger hole pistons.
Old 03-22-2012, 11:08 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by Marwell
Then maybe you can share your setup?

Right now i'm going with 10k/50wt/5k diffs and 25wt shocks (sc10 4x4 ones) with bigger hole pistons.
My diff set ups are different..I'm running 60k front 60k center 10k rear. On the shocks I'm running the Losi SCTE ones..32.5 wt Losi oil on both front and rear #3 pistons, black springs on front and reds on the rear, black sway bars front & rear, ride height is set at 27mm front & rear. to me the sc10 4x4 shocks are to long stock..gives the slash to much droop and it wants to roll over in the corners..the stock Losi shocks seem to be perfect on the droop for the tracks I run on. I'm also experimenting with tire combos right now..had good results with Proline blockades (m4) in the rear and snipers (m4) in the front..I've been running 1 degree toe out and it seems to calm the truck down on the straights. Something to think about with the SSC and the sc10 shocks is the SSC weighs more than the sc10 so going to a bigger hole piston is going the wrong way..go back to the stock piston and try 32.5 oil and go up 1 spring rate (the reason on why go to a heaver spring rate is the Proline protract kit puts more leverage on your shocks)..what I had noticed when we put the Proline wider a arms on it the slash was wanting to roll over on the rear spring making the rear end want to come around..so we went up one spring rate and it "fixed" that problem..I'll look today and see where were running the camber links..been changing a lot of stuff recently so on the links I couldn't tell you for sure. But on the track it's almost a full second a lap faster than my SCTE, my Losi "feels" faster but when you look at the lap times the SSC is faster..I enjoy running the SSC more..it's way more fun to drive for me anyways..it's just so quick corner to corner and it just pops the jumps, I come off the drivers stand with a big grin..and afterall that's what it's all about..FUN
Old 03-22-2012, 11:20 AM
Tech Adept

Okay, i bout SC10 shocks , just them ,no springs were added, so i run stock ones, i think Aslo i had to take digger hole pistons, because the temperature that time was about 5 degrees celcius. Next time it'll be normal (about 13-18 celcius) so i think i'll go back to stock pistons (number 14 i think on them) may also try 30wt oil.

I uze silver rear swaybar, my truck dous'nt roll at corners, dont know why, but it just stays pretty gud, maby because im driving with snipers, whitch are almost slicks (no tire offers for this time in my country) that gives less corner traction and maby it douesnt roll by this.

I also thougt that wider suspension need to be little more soft, so the onther springs are good, but i think i would just go with sticker oil on tem, is'nt it the same?

How it changer handling with so hard oil in front? I was always trying to put les thick in center, because it pops whielies all the time, but now i run 30wt, ir still pops, and it's not good because the front wheels are spining so mutch faster than the rear ones when pushing full trottle, thats why now front tires are completely slicks in the middle of them... So i think i'll go with about 50k in center, cause i like when front bites little more.
Old 03-22-2012, 11:41 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by Marwell
Okay, i bout SC10 shocks , just them ,no springs were added, so i run stock ones, i think Aslo i had to take digger hole pistons, because the temperature that time was about 5 degrees celcius. Next time it'll be normal (about 13-18 celcius) so i think i'll go back to stock pistons (number 14 i think on them) may also try 30wt oil.

I uze silver rear swaybar, my truck dous'nt roll at corners, dont know why, but it just stays pretty gud, maby because im driving with snipers, whitch are almost slicks (no tire offers for this time in my country) that gives less corner traction and maby it douesnt roll by this.

I also thougt that wider suspension need to be little more soft, so the onther springs are good, but i think i would just go with sticker oil on tem, is'nt it the same?

How it changer handling with so hard oil in front? I was always trying to put les thick in center, because it pops whielies all the time, but now i run 30wt, ir still pops, and it's not good because the front wheels are spining so mutch faster than the rear ones when pushing full trottle, thats why now front tires
are completely slicks in the middle of them... So i think i'll go with about 50k
in center, cause i like when front bites little more.
The reason why the front is wanting to come up is to much weight transfer..try going to a heaver oil in the rear, it should help this a bit. On the wide track kit it actually softens the suspension (more leverage) so to have the same basic suspension feel you need to stiffen it up..I've been working with the SSC for about a year now and a slash since they came out..I have tried a bunch of different set ups and for me and the way I want my truck to work these diff set ups work..here's one of the tracks I run on..buddies back yard track..It does have an AMB system..

Old 03-22-2012, 11:49 AM
Tech Adept

Nice track, it's really plain, no rocks and other shit, the indoor one i always race is also cool, but that was teh last race there, now our season transfers to an outdoor, so the tracks are with lots ot stuf in clay, like rocks, lots of dust, also there are many doubsm so that makes me to go with higher ride height.

I also own a slash since they were out, its 3 years i think?

And i really like it, most the time as was jus bashing around wich turned into hard bash, later into racing...

I'll try your diffs setup. Thanks.

The outdoor tracks are so because of 1/8'th and 1/5 class'es including Hpi Bajas, witch i also own ,and use for racing, it's so lot of fun to run a 1 meter long monster
Old 03-22-2012, 07:52 PM
Tech Regular

Default Cool pit Neighbor

a couple of weeks ago on my first test session for the LCG at OCRC, a guy pitted across from me. He was pretty cool and asked my how my car was running etc. I did notice his Losi 2wd SC with a nice yellow and orange flame paint scheme. I was checking out the body because it looked really cool and how he had the Flow holes drilled. I find out recently by twitter it was Frank Root Team Losi Product Development Manager and team racer. saw him at the JBRL and now by twitter at the Cactus Classic. TLR just announced on video a new SC body and guess who was announcing it. Frank Root! Little did I know I was scooping out his prototype body before it was released. I thought something about the body it looked a little special. Frank was pretty cool too and was actully asking me about my Slash! and I was being a little secetive. LOL. Things have changed since the old days when it was Associated vs. Losi, the teams and drivers then were very protective of their equipment and even surley!

I now have a totally different perspective of Team Losi, I think Frank and the Losi have won over a new fan!! Go TLR!!

I still reserve the right to love my Slash 4x4!! Heh heh!
Old 03-31-2012, 07:46 PM
Tech Rookie

I can't believe how easy it is to drive and maneuver through traffic. If anyone is on the fence, go for it! You won't be disappointed.

Last edited by augie walker; 05-13-2012 at 04:28 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.