Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
lcg chasis slash 4x4 >

lcg chasis slash 4x4

Like Tree1Likes

lcg chasis slash 4x4

Old 01-10-2019, 06:32 PM
Tech Rookie

Ok I cant handle it anymore. Punctuation! Your posts are unreadable.
Old 01-10-2019, 06:47 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Well I donít use that stuff and my posts are very readable just open your eyes

Well Blairw I donít use that stuff and just open your eyes and learn how to read itís just that simple man have a great day
Old 01-10-2019, 06:52 PM
Tech Rookie

Lol ok man. Hope you have a great day as well.
Old 01-10-2019, 06:58 PM
Tech Adept

Anybody feel like they have to read the post in one long breath? Holy run on sentence!
Old 01-11-2019, 06:07 PM
mkl
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

well, if he used punctuation it would not appear to be a run on sentence!
Old 01-14-2019, 02:42 AM
Tech Initiate

Ok guys,
I came here to ask a simple question. Started reading posts & so far all I'm seeing is Slash bashing, members nit-picking other members' posts.. my losi / sc10 blah blah is better than your slash bs.

Come on guys, I thought forums are for learning, NOT bashing on people & their rides / equipment - goto RCG if you want to do that.

So here's the deal, I'm building a Slash LCG 4x4. Mostly stock parts except for RPM arms, caster blocks & spindle blocks. Hobbywing brushless power because I've been using HW for eon's & it works. In boats too.

Ok, so RPM makes a Slash 4◊4 & Rally LCG Front Bulkhead to address & I quote: "several key issues reported to RPM by our customers". Of course they conveniently forget to tell you what those alleged issue's are.

Right, is there some sort issue with the stock bulkheads breaking? Or is that RPM's marketing bullstink? Let's not forget they also insist you need their shock towers, which is a load of crap. The towers on my p4d have never caused any problems. They do flex a little if you grab them with two hands & try hard. However, towers that flex a little are happy towers that don't break like the stiffy overrated aluminum towers do. Or at least that's been my experience.

I will be first to admit that SOME of RPM's products are definite musts - especially suspension arms. But not everything they make is a needed upgrade.

Thanks in advance for any help you guys can provide.
Old 01-25-2019, 09:21 AM
Tech Rookie

The only ďissueĒ that I know of is that the stock bulkhead is one piece, so you have to remove the whole front end if you need to work on front components, like steering. The RPM bulkhead is two pieces, which allows you to just remove the front of it and still access all the parts without disrupting so much of the truck.

And agreed about comments on the Slash in this topic. No, itís not a race truck, but it wasnít made to be. My son races his Associated 2wd and 4wd buggies at the track, but he still loves bringing his Slash 4x4 to run during practice sessions. With its Castle system and the right tires, itís not too far off of the 4wd Mod trucks, but it just doesnít handle well enough to be truly competitive.
Old 05-19-2019, 08:30 AM
MD
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 128 (100%+)

I have an LCG 4WD Slash that I will be racing in a parking lot series. Does anyone have a setup for on road racing? I have the Traxxas brushless system. Thanks.
Old 05-22-2019, 04:13 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by MD View Post
I have an LCG 4WD Slash that I will be racing in a parking lot series. Does anyone have a setup for on road racing? I have the Traxxas brushless system. Thanks.
Post Pics!

Road racing slash lcg would be interesting. I converted my slash 4x4 using a modified (shortened) XO-1 Chassis that would be an interesting swap to onroad.

Slash 4x4 LCG with XO-1 Chassis
Old 05-23-2019, 05:35 AM
MD
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by enare View Post
Post Pics!

Road racing slash lcg would be interesting. I converted my slash 4x4 using a modified (shortened) XO-1 Chassis that would be an interesting swap to onroad.

Slash 4x4 LCG with XO-1 Chassis

I race in the parking lot series at Hobbytown in St. Charles, IL. There is a 4WD SCT class. I don't have any pictures of the truck yet. I am running the Traxxas brushless system with Duratrax Bandito SC tires. I have the big bore Traxxas GTR shocks with the white Traxxas springs with the black spring rate, whatever that is. I am not sure what the shock oil or gearing is in it right now. It's been about a year since I ran it. I have aluminum hubs. At the last rain shortened race I have the black sway bars in it right now. I ran my Traxxas rally car in the last race and had the front of the body almost torn off. Sportsmanship is not a consideration. So I am going to run the 4WD Slash with a beater body. Based on talking with another driver I may have to switch the from tires with ones with less grip. It's fun class, but there are some bashers racing in the class. I've included a link to the forum for the series and you can see that layout from the last race.

2019 St. Charles and Schaumburg hobbytown racing
Old 05-23-2019, 10:03 AM
Tech Initiate

[QUOTE=MD;15454021]I race in the parking lot series at Hobbytown in St. Charles, IL. There is a 4WD SCT class. I don't have any pictures of the truck yet. I am running the Traxxas brushless system with Duratrax Bandito SC tires. I have the big bore Traxxas GTR shocks with the white Traxxas springs with the black spring rate, whatever that is. I am not sure what the shock oil or gearing is in it right now. It's been about a year since I ran it. I have aluminum hubs. At the last rain shortened race I have the black sway bars in it right now. I ran my Traxxas rally car in the last race and had the front of the body almost torn off. Sportsmanship is not a consideration. So I am going to run the 4WD Slash with a beater body. Based on talking with another driver I may have to switch the from tires with ones with less grip. It's fun class, but there are some bashers racing in the class. I've included a link to the forum for the series and you can see that layout from the last race.

/QUOTE]

Very cool. Sort of true stadium truck style. In that case, I would think that running a offroad setup could be a good start. Ill try to snap my setup sheet for you. I would think lower ride height and stiffer springs would be the main change. Diff fluids are probably not the first stop.

For gearing, go with 15t and see what that does for you. It should not overheat and give you plenty of punch. May want to get a softer onroad tire/slick. I cannot imagine the need for much tread but it may need some testing.

It may be worth while poking around any slash 4x4 clay setups. Clay or carpet are very high grip, I would think the only change you would want to make is tires.

Also, are you running the rear shock tower and rear GTR shocks in the front? If not, this was by far the best mod that I did with my truck.

Good luck man! Looks like a ton of fun!
Old 05-23-2019, 03:51 PM
MD
Tech Champion

[QUOTE=enare;15454161]
Originally Posted by MD View Post
I race in the parking lot series at Hobbytown in St. Charles, IL. There is a 4WD SCT class. I don't have any pictures of the truck yet. I am running the Traxxas brushless system with Duratrax Bandito SC tires. I have the big bore Traxxas GTR shocks with the white Traxxas springs with the black spring rate, whatever that is. I am not sure what the shock oil or gearing is in it right now. It's been about a year since I ran it. I have aluminum hubs. At the last rain shortened race I have the black sway bars in it right now. I ran my Traxxas rally car in the last race and had the front of the body almost torn off. Sportsmanship is not a consideration. So I am going to run the 4WD Slash with a beater body. Based on talking with another driver I may have to switch the from tires with ones with less grip. It's fun class, but there are some bashers racing in the class. I've included a link to the forum for the series and you can see that layout from the last race.

/QUOTE]

Very cool. Sort of true stadium truck style. In that case, I would think that running a offroad setup could be a good start. Ill try to snap my setup sheet for you. I would think lower ride height and stiffer springs would be the main change. Diff fluids are probably not the first stop.

For gearing, go with 15t and see what that does for you. It should not overheat and give you plenty of punch. May want to get a softer onroad tire/slick. I cannot imagine the need for much tread but it may need some testing.

It may be worth while poking around any slash 4x4 clay setups. Clay or carpet are very high grip, I would think the only change you would want to make is tires.

Also, are you running the rear shock tower and rear GTR shocks in the front? If not, this was by far the best mod that I did with my truck.

Good luck man! Looks like a ton of fun!

Thanks for the ideas. I'll keep them in mind.
Old 06-12-2019, 02:07 PM
MD
Tech Champion

Last Saturday at the Hobbytown parking lot race in St Charles, IL, my friend raced my 4WD Slash in the 4WD SCT Class. He had not driven a SCT of any kind in years. He's on on road guy. He qualified 6th in the "A" main with ten trucks and finished fifth over all. The set up I gave him was with Traxxas brushless system, Proline Street Fighter tires, the big bore Traxxas GTR shocks with 30 weight shock oil, Traxxas black springs in front, Traxxas green springs in the rear, 23mm ride height in the font, 24mm ride height in the rear, a black sway bar in the front, silver sway bar in the back and about two degrees of camber all around.. The truck drove vey well. The mechanic should've given him a little more top speed. I don't recall the gearing. The tires hooked up well.
MaX-D likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service