Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree3Likes

lcg chasis slash 4x4

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2012, 10:15 AM
Tech Regular

If The linkage was mounted lower on the servo horn, I would start having problems with getting full range of steering.
Old 07-17-2012, 06:48 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RC demon
If The linkage was mounted lower on the servo horn, I would start having problems with getting full range of steering.
Not lower on the servo horn.....a TALLER servo horn....
Old 07-17-2012, 07:11 AM
Tech Master

http://www.hpiracing.com/press/67167.html
I dont know if this picture is clear, but, do you see how much taller this horn is? it is used in one of their 8th scales that needs a taller clearance without creating flex....It is the only one that I know of, I dont know if other manufacturers make one.

One thing that you can also do is use the Traxxas XO-1 Receiver/ Servo mount. It makes the mod look much cleaner with only a little modification needed. I used it for months and liked it alot. It will not work if you have an STRC aluminum steering bellcrank, though, because you cannot swap upper and lower bellcrank components like you can with the Traxxas bellcrank. Here is a pic:
http://traxxas.com/sites/default/fil...ay-opacity.jpg

If you look at the receiver cover top, you will see that it is pretty tall.....it hits the top plate on SSCLCG chassis's, but you can either dremel the piece down so that it is not tall, or you can use another traxxas receiver top (or just eliminate the top altogether, although it will not look as clean))

There is also aother trick that will eliminate everything that you have done, and make a much cleaner look, but it will only work with the Traxxas Steering Bellcrank (well, I have not tried the pro-line bellcrank, so, maybee it will work). I will leave that mod for another discussion, lol!
Old 07-17-2012, 07:22 AM
Tech Master

Im sorry for the blur....this is an old pic.....

this is the heavily-dremelled option...this configuration will help you with your steering throw, because you will not have to worry about clearance issues with the driveshaft. You can only use a Traxxas steering bellcrank, though, because it is the only one out that can have all four of its major parts interchange....I dont have a pic of the XO-1 receiver box in the other configuration because I didnt like the decreased steerig throw that woulld be created by having to clear the driveshaft. but I can take a pic of the mock-up.

On another note, your solution to the steering rod clearance issue (installing the rod upside down) is a great idea! From the top view, the XO-1 rx box will keep your configuration the same, just cleaner and more protected.
Old 07-17-2012, 10:25 AM
Tech Regular

Ya, I was running the same steering setup with the flipped bellcrank last year, but missed my STRC bellcrank. If the linkage was mounted any higher it was hit the shaft. Right now mounted in the middle of a 3 hole is the perfect spot. More then enough steering so that you have to set your end points, and not to close to the shaft. I really hate receiver box's LOL. I dot really care a whole lot about how it looks, as long as its mean and fast
Old 07-23-2012, 08:32 AM
Tech Master

Anybody watch the Torc Race on SPEED Channel this weekend? Technically, these are 4wd LCG Chassis's, too, lol
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzHKkEgfkgI
Old 07-23-2012, 08:35 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Pretty cool - if you lower the volume you would almost think you are watching an RC race.

Originally Posted by Happy Meal
Anybody watch the Torc Race on SPEED Channel this weekend? Technically, these are 4wd LCG Chassis's, too, lol
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzHKkEgfkgI
Old 07-23-2012, 08:41 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Happy Meal,
I've seen you state you use the Traxxas 2075 servo still but that you have turned up the BEC voltage. What are you running it at, and what rx are you using?
Old 07-24-2012, 06:57 AM
Tech Master

I upped it to 7.4, but it can handle as much as 9, I am told. I use the Traxxas RX when I am at larger events (with a capacitor), and in a pinch, I will run my KO Propo KR-411FH. It doesent need a Capacitor and it is much smaller than the Traxxas RX.
Because of its high cost, I tend to keep the KO receivers in my 8th scale elec and nitro buggies. the Traxxas RX is much easier to get, works decent, has a do-able frame rate speed, and I usually end up being the only person with touch-screen adjustments on my radio.....which really makes adjustments on the drivers stand super quick...not to mention the interested questions that I get from other drivers (what the heck is that?)when they see my headphones attached to my radio and a color digital display when im in line to get on the stand...just my 2c.
Old 08-05-2012, 09:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

I'm going to bump this thread by saying that Stage II of the SSC chassis upgrades are complete, and the results can be seen here.
Old 08-06-2012, 12:08 AM
Tech Regular

Thanks for taking the time to do such an awesome review.
How about calling it Slashzilla.

Originally Posted by godofcable
I'm going to bump this thread by saying that Stage II of the SSC chassis upgrades are complete, and the results can be seen here.
Old 08-06-2012, 06:25 AM
Tech Master

Christian Blake gets 3rd in the A 2wd stock at this weekends short course showdown nationwide tour. I, on the other hand, had to settle for 8th, :-)
The hobbyplex track in Omaha Nebraska was a great facility, and the track was indoor, but was the size of an outdoor track. So many prizes were given away to spectators and racers, it was amazing.. Can't wait for Vegas! If you want to take a mini-rc vacation, it Doesent get better than Vegas...... Bring your LCg 2wd's, LCg 4wd's.... Heck, bring a stock 2wd or 4wd slash.... They are the two most competitive classes and you might win an new 2wd or 4wd, aluminum hop ups, betteries, and more!
Check out the trackside hobbies website for more info!
Old 08-06-2012, 11:13 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Matt/Godofcable - Can't tell you what a boost of energy it is to see fellow volunteers benefiting the RC community while at your wits-end doing the same on another front (Space Coast R/C track construction/C/O paperwork wrap up). The 'man-hours' by a knowledgeable volunteer team that went into RCSoup's base-line foundation are simply unmatchable. And the stage-by-stage mod approach is genius since it represents 99% of us past and present.

As of the name, since the SSC & RCE mods are taking a split I'd feed off their names. Many thought "SSC" stood for "Super Short Course" and even the "C" didn't originally stand for "Chassis" (since my local race days were mostly Sundays, the "C" and "Star" were about something far more important than "Chassis"). So maybe "Supercharging Short Course"..... After driving fellow racers dialed Losi's and AE 4x SC trucks it's clear that this platform can be tuned to handle like either one easier, with more punch and brake to boot.
Old 08-08-2012, 08:42 AM
Tech Regular

Team RCE long arms are now shipping!
Old 08-08-2012, 10:39 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Punt66
Team RCE long arms are now shipping!
Didnt see anything new on there website.
Are there any pics or links?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.